Choose your totem spawns

**SO BEFORE YOU READ THIS ENTIRE WASTED POST:**

So before posting this, I found out how many possibilities it can be in.. and looking at the fact how uh, "resourceful" the devs can be on some things, I doubt this'll have even a chance of happening . But you know I didn't want to make this post to go to waste, so I want people to suggest other ideas instead that can take this idea on something else or make it easier in a way, anyways if you still wanna read it go ahead.

All killers basically hate having a hex and getting it cleansed like 20 seconds into the game.. literally some are at your spawn. If you don't, well atleast I do :).

So no you can't actually choose your spawn, all locations will be the same as they are now. But instead you choose which totems will spawn where, and your hex totem will still be a random chance between them.

How will you select the totem spawns? Make them for new killers always random and let them choose the spot somewhere in the menus, like when choosing killers you can go to tab "Totem Spawns" or something, and you can do so per map. Perhaps have 3-5 presets per map, since I'll explain why there are other reasons than to just choose the hard spots. Also it should have a minimum distance between them of course, having like all five at one part of the map can be abusable as you can just have a tri gen there and protect your totems or just make all the adjacent totems be non selectable. I also imagined how it'd look like: it's just the map of the trial from an above perspective, having all spots marked where gens, chests and totems can be. And click the 5 totems you want them to spawn at.

Hex: Haunted Grounds, it's a good perk, but can be ignored completely because 1. the totem was never seen 2. the survivor was smart and saw it was like a trapper or something, so they wouldn't do it.

But what if you could choose 5 obvious totem spawns, and make it visible to all survivors.. "But that makes it so obvious, they still wouldn't do it."

My friend! Use this in your favour to bring in devour as well! Now they HAVE to do bones :). It's still a 1/3 chance that they can ignore your haunted, but it's still better than the chance they might've never found it!

But yes, it will mostly be used for killers to set the 5 totems to be in hard places, and some survivors will of course "memorise"/intuitively find these locations, like now, but still better than having a totem on a god damn hill..

So it does require alot of work at first, 35 maps, 15 realms, you'll need to like atleast make 70 presets for all if you want to do the 2 strats that I explained, but this doesn't like give you more of a disadvantage than now, you have the power to push the RNG more in your favour! And be honest, it's not fair to have one of your only 4 perks be eliminated like the first minute of the round, and if you actually disagree.. welp that's still your opinion. (Like it's somewhat fair I guess for devour, but really for things like third seal or lullaby? Those things don't deserve to be removed so early, or should become normal perks in a way)

What do you think? Is there an other way that's easier to fix this horrible RnG? Sure change the spawns, but like I said it's sometimes in your favor to have open hexes like haunted or retribution. So it wouldn't be fair towards them if they'd implement very hard totems (though I've see some busted totems before... like almost unseeable if you don't know the spot).

Or do you think this is "Too OP"? I think it's fair, new killers probably wouldn't bother doing this so new survivors usually wouldn't have a bad time in their ranks, since most of them don't know where most totems spawn. But even then hex is a "higher rank perk" since if you don't buy DLCs, you won't have any of them besides No Ed/ToTH.

Comments

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Nobody likes unreliable RNG so sure, I agree with your idea

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I'd love to choose my own totem spawns. That way it won't be starring at a gen while completely out in the open with nothing blocking it. *Looking at you Disturbed Ward.