The only way to make Michael Myers feel satisfying to play as is to rework him, not buff him

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Do you agree with my claim?

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Not really. I like Michael objectively, but tier 1 holds him back. I like the stalking mechanic on him, and just how intimidating he can be when played well. I think buffs to Tier 1 and T3 is all that needs to be done (Major to T1 and minor to T3)

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

No. Reworking killers should be avoided if at all possible. I wouldn’t want my favorite killer removed from the game so that they are competitively viable in a game about as serious as Mario Party.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

The only bad thing about Myers is the stalking expense, the level 1 movement speed, not being able to obsess with 2 survivors at the same time, if something characteristic should have is a secondary ability at the time of stalking like disappearing for an instant at a speed increased while stalking or looking at you. Although in my opinion I see it semi-perfect so far, also improve addons such as the tombstone of Judith or increase the range of stalking vision.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

No.

I've not even been playing him that long, and have mostly been playing him as T1 Myers but even though Tier 1 Myers isn't amazing and I don't have all the perks I want, I'm still loving playing him that way.

Also... who doesn't love popping T3 and instantly stabbing a full health Survivor?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Since it just got bumped to feedback for some reason, I'll just post what I just posted in the other Myers thread...

The only thing I want changed with Myers is that his power shouldn't "run out". No other killer has that restriction on them where they just can't use their powers anymore so why the heck does he?

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Maybe, I feel like he just needs to get a buff here and there. He is pretty meh most of the time since to beat him all it takes are survivors breaking LOS.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

No I don't agree. I play him daily in red ranks and find him very satisfying to play. Usually 3-4k with him most of my matches.

Unlike some players I don't find his tier 1 a hindrance. For me its always easy to find survivors and tier 2 quickly. After that its all about 99'ing my tier 3 and choosing my moment to pop it and snowball with it.

Mikey doesn't need a rework. Some of his add ons could do with a quality of life change though.

• Traslogan
    Traslogan Member Posts: 283
    edited January 2021

Myers is extremely out-dated, and I say that as someone who can main him into red killer ranks. His insta-down options are very poor compared to all other options; Oni can keep getting more blood and breaks pallets and charges forward, billy charges forward and breaks pallets, bubba can break pallets with a speed boost. Every other insta-down killer has A: A way to do it infinitely with delay, B: Some way of getting an advantage in chases when using their power properly.

Myers has no advantage. His lunge bonus is nice but it doesn't really do much in an era of dead-hard galore where his lunge is obvious in audio. He gets a tiny vault bonus but Myers with T3 EW, Maxed out Fire-Up, and tier 3 bamboozle, STILL cannot outpace survivors in vaulting, therefore it is a pointless buff (especially when some layouts like Springwood school basement can be a joke of a loop), and he has no way of dealing with pallets.

T3 needs to be a genuine concern for survivors, not just "lol unless he's an anti-pallet build I just have to drop every pallet and I can run him for the entire 60 seconds". He should have some buff to dealing with pallets. His vault buff is pointless, it could be removed and you wouldn't notice.

Finally he needs to have a way of regenerating stalking. imo this should be something like a very slow cooldown on stalking buildup (1s of stalking for every 10s of cooldown maybe, something like that). It should be slow so it's tougher late-game, but he's a so-so killer who can just run out of his entire power by just having bad pallets and not running an extremely particular anti-pallet build.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2021

"-tier up mechanic: After the gauge is filled, the active ability button can be used to tier up (same sound cues as before)" you mean you have to tap/hold a button to activate Tier 3 when the gauge is filled? If so I like the idea.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, I don't agree. I get very satisfying play out of him as he is now. Could he use a tweak? Sure. All Killers get them from time to time. I've made suggestions myself. Fun and satisfaction don't come from your Killer choice. They come from you. Even if Myers were weaker than he is now, I would still play the OG. My satisfaction comes from the challenge, not the power.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Yes, just like it functions with Oni once you have gathered enough blood. I´d also find that very neat.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179

Wholeheartedly disagree. Simply integrating J Myers Memorial and Hair Bow changes myers by such an insanely drastic degree. If those two items were integrated into his basekit it would make him FAR more viable and possibly even a threat.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

They just need to remove Evil Within 1. Games are significantly faster than they were when he was added. EW1 is outdated.

Bow would make him worse if they kept EW3 gain the same. You'd get less overall EW3s and everyone outside of the 1st person you downed would hide it out.