Am i the only one worried about the MMR system?

2»

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

At least when you see red ranks you know the person knows how to play the game.

Honestly the funniest thing i've read so far.

Even red ranks is full of players that are absolutely terrible at the game and have like 0 knowledge about the game whatsoever.

-Pig players that just tunnel the trapped survivor

-a wraith with ruin+undying that chases me for 5 gens

-a doctor falling for the worst window vault bait ever

-a meg that selfcares while being infected

-a cheryl actually running away from pallets and windows

The list goes on...

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited January 2021

It can't be any worse than it was the first time, and tbh, matchmaking has been just as bad in the few games I've played the last week or so.

Fact is, though, that we don't know how they factor a 'win' or 'loss' using the MMR system; if it's straight survive/die, 4k/otherwise, it'll be pointless.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

No. That is absolutely not how MMR should work. In every other game that has a per-character MMR, there's sort of an average across every character that will go up the more characters you rank up with. If every character started at 0 that would be INCREDIBLY dumb because as the other guy said before, your killer fundamentals don't change and you can still do fine in the game with every killer despite not playing them. If you are, say, a high-rank GhostFace and you've never played Myers before but suddenly start playing him, you're not gonna do much worse with him, so if you got matched against babies that's completely unfair and basically smurfing (or rather it's what people would use it for if MMR started at 0 with every killer).

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I don't really have high hopes for the new MMR system. I have a feeling that it's not going to work.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I'm worried but also excited. I want a challenging killer and good survivors. Hopefully it WORKS this time though.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2021

Have you seen a rank 20 play? I have 2 smurfs and it's literally painful. As bad as some red rank players are they know to do gens and make saves and to run from the killer. How well they do it is another thing, but rank 20's have literally no clue what to do at all. Red rank killers also know what a loop is and won't just wander off thinking you've wandered off.

A rank 1 fish will probably get caught on a hook because they are not too bright. A rank 20 fish will just jump out of the water and onto your boat.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Hmm,i guess most of them would be green or yellow ranks then.

They might have a very basic understanding of the game but that's about it.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

only 10% of the population should be in RR.

• WantToKnow
    WantToKnow Member Posts: 51

Yeah ur right, that should work better. I just dont want to face red rank swfs with a new killer ^^ what I did in the last days