Trapper Buff

Options
MommyDeRose
MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

RNG change was good but his other main problem still exists. Setup. Why not make it so trapper spawns with all his traps so he doesn’t have to waste 2 full gens walking around collecting traps. Make it so he spawns with all but can carry a max of 1 or 2 after he puts them down. Don’t see how this could be abused at all, just helps him not get destroyed by Gen rushing as much just to be able to setup his power.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Some people want him to be able to get them out of lockers.

I just want to spawn with 1 more and be able to carry one more by default...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2021
    Options

How did they buff his RNG?

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Trapper spawning with all of his traps would plainly be overpowered. He can end his first 2 chases in seconds if he finds survivors in closed up areas. He does need many buffs but this update is a good start.

Instead of survivors having a 25% chance of escaping the trap each time, now the game rolls a number from 1 to 6 and it takes that many attempts. This reduces the amount of times survivors will instantly get out of your traps and completely eliminates the times they get stuck there for 10+ tries. A buff for both sides in a way.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@DawnMad

Oh nice! This is the first time I’ve heard of this. Been a very busy week for me, so now I have something to look forward to. 😊

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Options

Spawning with them all would be OP! If you watch Otzdarva you might have seen a clip of him trapping a kate on Lerys of al maps with just four traps!

I disagree with the new RNG being a buff, its a shadow nerf to Trapper, made to look better!

I tested this last night in KYF and with randoms, the chances of them getting out the trap in the first three goes is massive! Maybe I was just unlucky, but survivors now have an absolute max time in a trap of 9 seconds, which simply put, is NOT enough. The previous system was fairer for the Trapper (but not survivors, with a 10% chance to be stuck in a trap for over two minutes)!

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539
    Options

Becsuse the deva are not listening to what us players arw asking for. I've seen multiple posts about trapper and all are ignored.

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

A more balanced change would be Trappers traps can't spawn closer than 25 metres to the edge of the map, this prevents them being in complete deadzones off in the corner somewhere (which are traps I don't bother getting!)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021
    Options

For fun? I just want to carry like one more trap at the start and by default.

For balance? He just needs to not have a literal mountain of counterplay. Like dear god the man has more counters than a sweaty MTG deck.

I don't think there is another killer in the game that can have their entire ability taken away by a piece of paper.

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

There are so many buffs

Remove the maps ability to see traps

Give him a passive ability which means his aura cannot be read due to the fact he hasn't been imbued with supernatural abilities (like most other killers), to counter OoO!

Brown bag should be base kit!

Logwood dye should be base kit

Tar bottle should be removed and replaced with a general camouflage kit!

He needs an addon rework generally

His traps should spawn no closer to the edges of the map than 25 metres away!

Bloody coil should become a purple addon

His new iri addon should be something that changes his play style drastically like the ability to trap almost every type of interaction including windows, pallets, gems and chests, with different mechanics

A survivor who escaped from a trap (aided or otherwise), should be hindered for 5-10 seconds, unless honing stone is used, still resulting in an instant down, with a slower crawl speed for 5-10 seconds!

This, I think would maybe bring him to B or C tier and make him an actually viable killer!

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

One great QOL change for him in my opinion would be to rework the trap spawn logic. Like place it closer to windows and pallets and have randomly 50% (or whatever number) of them spawn set. And then rework some brown/yellow addons to increase that number as well.

And brown bag being basekit is kinda obvious