The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will we have a DS nerf someday ?

124»

Comments

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I just don't understand why pop got nerfed to 45 seconds because it's "too long" or w/e when DS is 60 seconds for a 5 second stun, times 4 if all the survivors run it. They have way too much time to do stuff if we talkin about it lol

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

All those other perks can be outplayed by a smart enough, and can even be blocked if the killer really doesnt like it (mindbreaker). Also, we may not have one use only perks, but we do have hex perks that usually disappear before you find a survivor, especially now their only decent protection got nerfed. A survivor can chose to save DS, a killer cant chose when a totem lights or even where.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 418

The only change I ever want from DS is to make not work whenever survivors jump into lockers. I'd be happy with just that alone because it's incredibly dumb where they can get literal invincibility for 60 seconds if they hide in a locker.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Only after they finish nerfing anything threatining killers have. Then we might get a minor nerf to DS.

• Generalmahler
    Generalmahler Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2021

Killer "main" do me a favor and dont DUMP the Perk just remove its Duration if they touch a gen or get Full Heal. Thanks

ps: i know its not a Anit Tunnel Perk BUUUUUUUT

You're not being tunneled if you're on a generator.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Imagine the old DS, where you had no timer and you could just use it at any time you wanted once. What a nightmare this was.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383
    edited January 2021

Well, at least you could keep juggling the survivor and avoid the DS. Something that should return to the game.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited January 2021

Imma tell you something from survivors POV. We get tunneled and camped amd slugged a lot. Mostly tunneling. Survivors run it so they actually have a chance to play the game. Ds is fine its already been nerfed before. Don't complain about ds if you dont attempt to play around it. The survivors goal is to survive. I dont run ds myself because I feel as if there are better perks out there. I would just like to point out that when solo Q games get the repetitive with iri add-ons, moris and tunneling we kinda run what we need to at least let the game go on for a little bit

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
  • Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

It's no business of the killers if the survivor is doing a gen. This is your brain on survivor

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

That is the point, my friend. You see, sometimes your Ruin or Lullaby gets cleansed at the very beggining of the trial, which means that, technically, you wasted a perk slot. I don't see a problem with survivors wasting one of theirs.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited January 2021

@UMCorian

Because it is not strictly an anti tunnel perk. This has been stated a thousand times on the forums.

You are not getting “punished” you are just not playing to counter the perk. So you eat the stun instead. That is a choice you made.

Also your scenario doesn’t even make any sense. DS’ timer begins when the survivor is unhooked. So if we follow your own scenario, the first hooked survivor should have 10 seconds left of their DS timer. It only last 60 seconds not 120 like you are trying to claim.

This is a problem that I hope you @Almo and your team are also keeping into consideration because there seems to be a big segment of players that just flat out refuse to learn how to counter the perk.

• Gore_Nargai
    Gore_Nargai Member Posts: 77

Survivors with DS going into lockers for avoiding getting downed say "hi"...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited January 2021

@Gore_Nargai

Killers who didn’t tunnel right from the survivor’s unhooked stage, and only waited for like 10 seconds while DS was depleted while they were in a locker say “hi”.

Im guessing you didn’t bother to read the context of a response to another forum user. You just grabbed whatever response you read and responded to it.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Killer aura reading must be earned and have many many counters.

Survivors get aura reading on demand without needing to earn it and it is more punishing to the killer being able to run early and extend the chase vs a killer knowing where you are and warning you with their terror radius while approaching.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

BT got nerfed yes, and then got buffed. And the logic was...welll "It was a chance to nerf legion and buff BT." Which isn't really logic. And yes, may things for survivors have been nerfed. Its not that they don't do things for killers. Though honestly I feel the new DS is worse then the 2nd iteration of DS for a variety of reasons. But coming back to why they are survivor sided. It took ages to get a true change to DS, and it was more powerful. Survivors had vacuum pallets, and those where buffed to sup[er vacuum pallets, and took forever to finally get rid of. Infinites where quashed relativaly quickly, but then survivor hitboxes where shrunk which created the problem of looping. Then there are things like Mori's getting nerfed twice while keys are still untouched. Hatch standoff was around for nearly 3 years before a fix. Undying was nerfed after 3 months, and the best we get on DS+Unbreakable is "It's being talked about." Freddy came out and was bad, and then got nerfed. It took over a year to get a rework for him. There are just so many of these stories that say to me they are survivor sided. Again, not survivor only minded, they just lean that way when they are looking to change things most often.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Just add the condition of DS deactivating after another survivor is put into the dying state. Not a permanent solution, but it would be good enough until they decide to make more in depth changes.