The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will we have a DS nerf someday ?

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I can name a lot of things that can get you banned for just discussing them, but id rather not name them :)

He has a point though, console optimisation and colourblind options have not been resolved, and due to the nature of how slow survivor perks get nerfed, I'm betting we wont see a change for at least another 6 months.

I hope I'm wrong though.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

What I suggest is if there's a obsession, tunnel the survivor you recently hooked. That way DS won't be such a issue later within the match.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

It was a joke regarding Almo's recent upload and him being tired of hearing about Colorblind issues.

Try not to take clearly hyperbolic statements too seriously. You will wear yourself out.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
  • bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228

SInce there is so much complaints about tunneling, im asking myself if some survivors intentionally don´t use ds when they are not being tunneled, but instead did a gen or got caught somewhere else...

i mean you want killers not to tunnel you, so i guess you only use it when you actually are tunneled, right?

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I try not to but sometimes this community gets me so angry I can’t tell if it’s a joke or being serious

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited January 2021

Dev: "UUUHHHHH according to the spreadsheet/stats I have here.... at higher levels of play, DS doesn't actually do anything! Killers tend to leave anyone they hit who's just been hooked in the last minute on the ground and not even pick them up whether they have DS or not! Since Survivors dont even get to USE DS, we should BUFF it if anything."

• Sraifer
    Sraifer Member Posts: 15

Uhhhhh no. Absolutely not. They wouldn't dare upsetting their survivor community.

• Chilli_man2400
    edited January 2021

They upsetted them when they nerfed exhaustion, insta heals, brand new parts and god loops and balanced landing

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Agreed. It is fairly obvious that i am biased towards killer, but even i know that DS is a requirement in this game if you want to spend more than 2 seconds off the hook.

The problem i have is that it punishes killers that are not tunnelling and allows survivors to advance their objective while denying killers to advance their own.

DS needs to be pure anti tunnel. This means if you touch a generator, ds goes on cooldown.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

@Almo U said before when nerf pop that killers do nothing and go damage gens 60 sec :D ahahahahaha but survivors play as sapper with DS...only see sweat on their faces :D

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Of course he won't,why should he? lol

That's up to the marketing team

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Gonna be blunt..The 1.4.0 version was the most balance verson.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I thought they reworked it once? It still needs to be buffed for anti tunnelling and nerfed as an anti momentum perk anyway

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

@Almo Regarding this clip, it really does feel like one of those "one day in the coming year or years it will be changed." Understandable to a degree (marketing) but I do wish there was a better connection to the playerbase of this long-running video game. It's a work of art in many respects, but also has so many glaring problems. Decisive Strike is an anti-tunneling perk. Is that all it is? Well, no. But it should be. Right now it is used in conjunction with other perks to create extended spans of invincibility. It's used to bait the killers (lockers, end-gates, running straight into them). It erases not only a players mistake far after a "tunneling" period... but it can completely erase mistakes of other players.

One DS stun can literally take 20-40 seconds of a killers time to recover from the moment. You are left with odd alternatives... Strange ones that create very clunky and unpleasant gameplay. I love playing both sides (survivor maybe a little more) but also a good bit of killer. I see what my friends do with it and I also clown them for being less-skilled players relying on abusing this perk because a killer outplayed them. I see how it grooms other players to play the game as more of a "gotcha" moment than a dance with the killer. It does feel these days you are fighting against perks and not players.

I'm sure your team has 10 iterations of the perk laid out by now. The wording in this clip is a tiny bit disingenuous to the many skilled "top level" players that work very hard against full-stacked SWF to even just random good survivors paired with multiple DS everywhere. This perk needs to be changed in a way that allows it to have more longevity depending on scenarios, and less if player is left alone. I don't feel it should be used as bait anymore (or offensively, which causes players to forget the game in general and just abuse the perk because it leaves the killers without much options.)

Anyways. I did enjoy Scott's idea to have this perk timer cut down to 30seconds and the timer stops if being actively chased off hook. I'd love to see it disable in lockers/end-gate area (as much as I would LOVE to see Hag traps disable around unhooked survivors). I think it's time to really start redesigning anything in this game that "allows and encourages" players to treat the killer like it's not a killer.

• UkilledLegion

Really devs ;D and after this video u think that is horror? :D its comedy for survivors :D soon i delete this game from account :D and will not recommend this

• UkilledLegion

i remember devs answer me "we not wanna punish people who wanna play together" :D but more players not wanna that ur sweety survivors not use VOICE DISCORD OR TEAMSPEAK becuase its unfair advantage and u must be idiots if u not understand this :D Will be cool if devs show how they get rank 1 on killers :D

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

No one’s whining about Kindred, which lets survivors’ see the killer’s aura. Just because you know where the survivors are, the perk doesn’t kill them for you. There’s a difference between information and second chance perks

• Malum_Midnight

It’s a lot more complicated that “Don’t tunnel”. That’s like me saying “Don’t do gens” if you dislike NOED. I personally never use NOED, but the point still stands

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

Ok so i've read all the posts on this topic and i'm still amazed how can i be caleld a tunneler on both clips when i got hitted by a 56 and 58 secs ds hooking someone in between both times. Seriously it amazes me, so many survivor mains who cant see how THIS particular events make killer stop playing.

Then they will cry about 15 mins queue to play against a rank 10 killer while they are rank 1, but whatever.

I truly hope that the dev clip that has been posted earlier isn't some kind of "yes maybe, you know, maybe, we are looking to change that in 2 years", but an actual reflection and acknowledgement on why this perk is used and abused so often.

ANd for the people who says "it doesnt happen THAT often", trust me, it is happening quite a lot. I'm not even mentionning ds abuse when doors are opened. Playing killer feels so harmless that it's actually sad.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Aha saying stuff you (the Developer) don't like to hear equals bullying.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

An alternative that is player controlled is to disable DS when the survivor touches an objective, starts healing another survivor, or they heal over 10%. They have protection for 60s as long as they don't progress the game. If killer chases them, they can jump in a locker to force a grab or waste a hell of a lot of the killers time.

Basically, it counters tunneling, but at the cost that you aren't helping the team as well.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

It's nice seeing that not only does BHVR actually recognize it needs changing, but also is finally looking at it from the killers point of view.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited January 2021

That clip just sounds to me like they're saying what they've always said about DS: "The community calls it an anti-tunneling perk, which it is totalllly not designed as, and therefore it is fine"

Old DS wasn't designed for anti-tunnel, but the redesign specifically designed it as such. Just because you want to pretend it isn't something doesn't mean that it isn't only viewed as it, but also used as such.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

how did he tunnel her, she obviously has DS and mostlikely even unbreakable therefore she has 1 minute of immortality, by putting her into dying state you save yourself some time by not letting her do a gen for all those 60 seconds where you cant do anything to her, like why should he just let her leave? insane how this is considered tunneling

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

He even waited for the I-frames to end... Of course he tunneled her. But I can see if Killers dont see this as tunneling, how they think they got hit by DS by "not tunneling".

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

sorry but the nea was doing a gen in the killer face ( knowing she still had DS) to get that 1 last gen done and we all know ds is broken in the end game

also note he hook one other before downing nea now how that fair?

that 2nd clip that something else but I'm talking the first clip.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That should be of no business to you of whether they are doing a gen or not. You can do a gen with sprint burst ready too. Dead Hard as well. You think those are unfair too? How is it fair for the killer to use the perks they do, which btw none are only one time use. Explain how it is fair for me to do a gen and you are told I almost have it done so you can hide your terror radius for a surprise attack to stop it, regress it? Let me guess...you think that is fair. But let me remind you, it is not even a 1-time use perk.

Killers need to grow a pair and stop being like step-children with the devs and asking them to give you free kills. The game is already entirely too easy for killers.

• NekoGamerX

funny you say that because with out the kill( the killer) the 4 can't play but keep on talking you may hit on something..

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Yes, indeed, but there is a difference between the two perks. Kindred lets other survivors see where the killer is IF he stands close to the hook (camping, mostly) and doesn't really give you any additional information about the killer that you would not be getting was he to come for you (eg TR). BBQ and Nurse's, on the other hand, let you see the auras of survivors that you still didn't find on your own, and that you could possibly not even be hearing (because of distance or Iron Will). I mean, there is a reason why one of the scoring points for a killer is "Survivor found" and not "You could already see the survivor, now start chasing him". As much as the Hunter emblem isn't called "Dora's adventure". As a killer, you are firstly tasked with FINDING a survivor. And again, killers have Bloodlust, which isn't really far from DS anyway. You call DS a second chance perk, I call Bloodlust a failure rewarding thing (wish I could call Bloodlust a perk, but no, killers get it for free).

• NekoGamerX

this is true but there need to be a change to the perk in some way but I do feel like there should be obsession in every match no matter if there a obsession perk in play or not so make some killers think before picking up because when there no obsession kill will easyly tunnel anyone with no fear.

• Malum_Midnight

Indeed, I agree Bloodlust is a second chance mechanic. Now that you’ve had me look at it in another light, it is weird that Killer’s have lots of aura perks, yet the survivor version, Object, is always being the topic of nerfs

• NekoGamerX
    edited January 2021

sprint burst and Dead Hard are nothing like ds,ds is overpowered most survivors know it when survivor are doing a gen fresh off the hook hurt(not healing) knowing nothing can hurt them that OP and bad for the game killer don't have any perk close as Op as DS only thing close is ruin undying that's two perks together and that getting nerf.

I bet you don't play killer at all before you say I don't play survivor I do I play both side and solo with out DS still get out most of my match survivor mode is easy mode nothing hard about it.

I repeat I do feel like there should be obsession in every match no matter if there a obsession perk in play or not because of tunneling but don't say DS not Op because your fooling yourself.

ds need to be changed so it can't be abused.

that's mostly because it can be abused by SWF the one using OoO can easyly tell his/her teams where the killer is what they doing and where they set a trap.

• Sluzzy

Sprint burst all the way to a safe looping area multiple times, how is that not actually better than DS which is one time only? That's simply you rambling that you don't like the perk and wants survivor to always be totally defenseless. You are disingenuous because killer perks are all stronger than DS. Are you telling me that a killer camping and tunneling and then using NOED to down a few more is ok then? He is totally not abusing his mechanics and perks to win. Not at all. Thing is here, DS doesn't guarantee a win like a killer can do. A killer can easily down them instantly again and even finish tunneling them out of a match. Killer perks are all game changing and for the most part wins their game. Undying wasn't even nerfed enough. Killers have a "second chance" at keeping their very powerful hex perk in the game to guarantee their win with Devour Hope or Ruin.

• NekoGamerX
    edited January 2021

there no talking to you you don't play killer and survivors never been defenseless I play survivor and I don't use Sprint burst dead hard DS BT or any of the meta perks and still get out so don't give me survivors are defenseless crap.

DS does guarantee a win if they save it for egc which most do,a lot of killer perk have drawback or the have to do something get it started all survivor have to do get ds is get hooked after using it no drawback for using it.

I feel unless you play play both side of a game you shouldn't give input on game balance.

Post edited by NekoGamerX on
  • DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Killers: "It's so powerful that even if no one has it and there is still an obsession, we have to play like they do have it.

Dev: "I don't remember granting you permission to speak."

• Sluzzy

First of all, I've played both sides since August 2016 when it first came out. When the game came out, killers had to earn their kills the hard way. No slow down perks and hardly any aura perks and all four survivors could have decisive before they were hooked if they so chose to have it equipped. Maps had a lot more pallets too. If killers made it then and still got kills, I know you can get kills now with a perk that can totally be denied by not tunneling for 60 seconds, there is 3 other survivors in the match. Stop tunneling and if they kept their perk until EGC, well that's good, because killers have plenty of endgame perks.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Devs will NEVER nerf DS. Survivors are their cash cows. Get it through your head already

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but yeah, I forgot about OoO since I never used it outside of Adept Laurie. That perk doesn't really make much sense, either. It acts as a direct counter to diverse killers, possibly completely erasing a Trapper or a Wraith. Anyway, if you were being sarcastic, I never implied those aura reading killer perks should be getting a nerf. I only said that killers have lots of tools at their disposal, doing a lot of the work for them. On the other side, survivors don't really have a way to have gens repair themselves.

• Chilli_man2400

Then why did they nerf almost all of what survivors had for the past 4 years. They nerfed exhaustion, god loops, insta heals,BNP, old DS balanced land and BT. Also did I mention they nerfed DS 5 times what is it going to take to get it through these thick skulls there not survivor biased they literally announced there changing DS