Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Will the Devs consider what the majority of people want and leave UI/redesign the new UI?

From what I’ve seen most the community isn’t excited about the new UI and has had a fair few criticisms about it (whether they be actual criticisms or just people pointing out flaws in something they don’t like). I’ve seen hundreds of replies saying the same things about how spaced out it is, nothing looks the same or looks like it would fit with the style of the game, etc. I personally agree as I cannot possibly fathom what drawbacks the old UI would have compared to this one (it was one of their main points in the Dev video, that this new UI would open things up more, which is the opposite of what most people want). So the question of the hour (mayhaps this has been asked before and I’m just ignorant) will the devs embrace the criticism before launching the new UI, or will they still with their current plan? I’m mainly asking because they seemed inclined that even though people wouldn’t like it, they would keep saying that people will get used to it, which is a bad mentality since they aren’t listening to player feedback. Personally I like some features of the new UI, but absolutely hate that it5 looks nothing like the old one, which is why I hope they change it to fit more along the lines of the fan-made ones you can find on the Dead by Daylight Sub-Reddit.

Answers

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Probably, it is just a simple UI. I think they will change it accordingly because it is super small, easy, and not much which is their specialty when it comes to content updates.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I think the best solution is just to give players the option to switch between the new and classic HUD in the settings. It's really the fairest decision, since the community as a whole get what they want and the Devs don't have to completely scrap something they spent time on implementing.

Pretty sure a poll was hosted a few days ago on the forums and something like 95% of people said they disliked the new HUD. I think BHVR would be crazy not to do something like this.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I'm not new, but I can see why you'd think that based on what I said haha. I know BHVR never act on feedback, but for once I don't think they'll get away with this one. The image they'd get would be even worse than what they already have.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I dunno, I'm of the 5% who want a refresh and love the new UI so I hope is stays. Small tweaks like putting the hook counter for killer maybe closer to the survivors would be nice.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I highly doubt the devs are going to listen. Regardless of what they say, they only listen to stats. At least... the stats that favor what they want to hear.

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 245

Well you say 'majority' but have 51% of players voiced an opinion?