Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is this considered an 'Exploit'

So Meg's mask, a soft-discontinued item. You can only unlock it by having both DBD and DG in your librarry at the same time. Its not mentioned anywhere that you have to have played DG.

DG is no longer listed on the steam store but since it was free you can still make steam add it to your library and unlock the mask. Now technically I've fulfilled all the requirements of this mask. The game is listed in my librarry as required and I made no modification or edit to steam OR DBD to do so. I simply directly told steam to add the game to my library.

Best Answer

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Answer ✓

Not an exploit - the requirements are exactly as you said - you just need to have it in your library.

If the requirements were that you needed to have played the game before it was discontinued and you unlocked it since, then it would be a different story - but in this case it's perfectly legit.

Answers

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

I think this is legit. I've never played Deathgarden but I also got the mask several months back by adding the game when it was free.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I don't think this would be unexpected or pernicious in any way. It's not even a bug; it's just an oversight of a feature. So no, it should be perfectly legitimate.