Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Reason Dead By Daylight isn't Scary

All fear is created from the unknown. That lack of knowledge is what makes fear.

If you're afraid of the dark, you may be scared of what might be hiding in it. As soon as you turn on the light, you can see the room and there's nothing in it. When you turn the back off, the room becomes less scary because you now know what's in there: nothing.

This same concept can be applied to Dead By Daylight. If you know this game, you cannot be scared by it. And no, jumpscares do not count as scary (sorry, Hag). The Trapper may look terrifying upon first contact but after you know what makes him tick, you know how to beat him and he becomes less scary. This is applied to every single Killer in the game. The more you run into a Killer, the less scary they are and in fact, they can become annoying instead. Facing a Spirit may be terrifying at first, but now, all that fear is replaced with anger and disdain if you've run into her a couple times.

This rule applies to every single horror game out there. A first time playthrough may be terrifying but a second or third playthrough won't be because you know what to expect. Back to the Spirit, instead of being scared, I say out loud, "Oh great, it's this ######### again." I know what to expect from the Spirit; I know what to expect from the Wraith, the Pig, the Shape, the Hillbilly, the Nurse, the Demogorgon— I know what to expect from each of them.

No matter whatever new and terrifying thing BHVR adds in, it will be learned and then it will stop being scary.

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I agree, although this is the case with a lot of things. An example could be media in general, such as a movie. If you've already seen the movie recently, you probably don't want to watch it again anytime soon because you already know what happens.

At that point, all we can do is either stop playing for a long period of time and come back to new killers, survivors, and changes in general, or take on the challenge of playing to get better. When there isn't fear, there is competition. Most survivors including myself don't feel too afraid of the killer, and instead see the game as a grind.

Hell, I'm afraid of survivors when I'm killer lol

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I feel like killers are more scared of survivors lmao, i am a survivor main and killers don't scare me apart from if ghost face / spirit who suddenly pops up but after that 1 jumpscare for the rest of the match i am not scared. Hag used to scare me with the traps but after a few games its just like 'oh for ######### sake, piss off'