DECISIVE STRIKE NEEDS A NERF

Dingo88
Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think that ds should not work if you get off hook and go straight in locker as they know they have ds.

Comments

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited January 2021

Mr. Tunnely. Survivors go to the lockers when getting hard tunnel.

No tunnely.

• Dingo88

If the killer is actually tunneling fair enough but when a survivour teabags after getting of hook because they have bt then sure as hell they going on the deck. But people abuse ds to much. Survivours wouldn't need ds if they dident do stupid things after getting of hook.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

That's a bad excuse actually, there are times where a survivor is a meghead and you just find them in your patrulling zone but due to DS being 60 seconds you need to either be stunned or let them go.

• Dingo88

Was just in game and someone that litrally got of the hook apeard for a unhook on a guy i litrally just hooked barley got time to even turn round and he was there so grabbed him and he ds me then did the unhook. That is not tunneling that's a survivour using the perk rong. It's in those situations thats annoying

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Haddonfield is awful, trapper is crap and ds needs a nerf what's new? Ya give it the pop treatment reduce it to 45 seconds. It still will be abused but at least it will see less use.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

DS needs to deactivate once you do anything in game. Go in a locker, heal someone, be healed, attempt a save, sabotage, do a gen etc. All these should disable DS.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

You might as well tunnel harder to get rid of it earlier people have been asking for ds nerfs for years and the devs still didn't change it

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

Lockers are fine, they have no reason to use them unless your tunneling or near them so the perk is working to prevent tunneling.

the real problem with DS is when you use it to finish gens and still have time left over to use it on the killer. going after the survivor when they completed the main objective isn't tunneling and shouldn't be punished since they choose to remain injured and do the objective instead of recovering.

The only two changes DS needs is it to become disabled when you work on a gen while it's active for more than 3 seconds and for it's timer to be reduced AFTER all gens are completed so it's not a free escape if your saved and a gate is opened for you.

you really can't complain about lockers like you are legit tunneling even if it was just to slug them. just. go. after. another. survivor.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited January 2021

I don't see why anything other than gens should disable the perk.

healing: stealth and insta down or just any killer will allow the heal so they can tunnel, this also discourages healing which is what the perk should encourage.

Lockers: they have no reason to go into a locker unless you go after them, the perk is working to prevent tunneling even if you were just going to slug them for later which btw is still tunneling.

saves: A lot of the time you have to do saves off hook, this shouldn't be discouraged and it is a simple matter of slugging them to avoid the perk or waiting it out if they go into a locker since only 2 survivors max would be free to do things.

All other interactions: are not problems there is no need to disable it simply because it would allow survivors to recover and do other things besides the objective which again is what the perk should encourage. survivors are forced to do interactions for various reasons, as long as they don't progress the game with gen progress besides saves which are mandatory to win or even survive the perk shouldn't deactivate.

• AChaoticKiller

that survivor is injured, with no more DS protection, and you recover around 2-3 seconds after the save.

you have plenty of breathing room to just go after him and down him, that survivor basically gave you an easy back to back chase and it only costed you a stun and a survivor saved. most of the time saves happen quickly anyway this literally only benefits you unless it's EGC but the perks timer needs to be adjusted after all gens are completed anyway.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115

DS is not a anti-tunneling perk I have hooked a survivor and chased another hooked them chased yet another downed them and hooked them right then the 1 survivor gets unhooked and so i go back to the first hook cause the only 2 survivors not on hooks are there and i happen to find the one that got unhooked. and boom. ds Did I tunnel? no its not myu fault they waited so long to pull the first one off hook. hell how about the game i just had that the survivor with DS finished the last gen cause then i down them and pick them up and boom ds. how is it fair that i have to just let them do the gen in my face??? how about this make it disable if you touch a gen, totem, or go in a locker?

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

It already got nerfed once. Is that really not enough? There is an EASY way for killers to disable DS already. Don't tunnel.

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

Its about the biggest anti tunneling perk in the game period. You can always hit them down and wait to pick them up. I really don't get the crying about DS. If you down someone it slows down the game a ton if you are worried about DS, but obviously if you avoid tunneling the unhooked guy in the first place then you'd have nothing to worry about at all. DS already got nerfed and isn't even run by that high a percentage anymore compared to pre-nerf. Pre-nerf it was like 99% of survivors ran it. Now its maybe 50% or less.

• Ravenlord4711
    edited January 2021

let me ask you this, how many perks do you have to play around even if they arent in the game. DS is played around unless there are 0 obsessions in the game (which isnt very often) DS is literally 1 of 2 perks in the game that are always a threat, and you can get rid of noed Also. i would honestly say at least 1 survivor in my games has DS a solid 85% of the time.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Here's my take for DS.

I hooked 1 survivor, I hooked a 2nd survivor, someone unhooked 1st survivor, 1st survivor ran up to 2nd survivor and tried to unhook them, I grabbed the 1st survivor as they was trying to unhook, they hit me with DS and hooked the 2nd survivor and both ran off.

All of your saying DS wouldn't activate if you wasn't tunnelling. Where in this was I tunnelling? Someone please tell me. All I tried to do was stop a survivor unhooking a survivor.

DS needs to be deactivated once the survivor does anything game related at all. Heal, go in a locker, gen, try unhooking someone etc.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

You know what current "tunneling" mostly is? Its when survivor know that he have a DS activated so he intentionally comes to a killer, playing fool, forcing killer to down-pickup at the 59 second of ds timer.

• Imagine_Milk
    Imagine_Milk Member Posts: 95

I'd say DS needs a nerf because of how it is abused by survivors. I think that it should deactivate when you're off the hook and the killer isn't chasing you.

• AChaoticKiller
    1. wait it out by slugging them a good amount of time
    2. ignore them? slug them if they get too close? this has never worked on me XD
  • AChaoticKiller

killers can exploit the chase mechanic so this is not a viable solution, it really should just deactivate when doing a gen.

• Dingo88

As far as Im concerned there no such thing as tunneling the killer makes the rules tunneling is summit survuviurs made up coz they don't like loseing lol. I play both killer and survivour but if I get so called tunneld I just deal with it and go in the next game I don't care about rank.

What people need to remember is it is only a game and they don't need to get all but hurt when they lose.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

DS has already been nerfed many times, leave it the ######### alone. I have to deal with killers camping and tunneling bullshit, 5/10 games yesterday i played i was either camped or tunneled. Thats ridiculous. Stop whining about a perk which is the only thing giving us a chance of escaping when tunneled.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Wow, a unique perspective! An absolute REVELATION! Never before have I seen such a well though out and original opinion on this forum! For that I commend you!!!

/s

• Ravenlord4711

you're right it got nerfed. than it got buffed twice in a row????? if it was still the same old 3 seconds it wouldnt be an issue as much. it got buffed in response to enduring and then enduring got nerfed ( changed) against ds.

• Ravenlord4711

WE DID IT BOYS/GIRLS DS IS GETTING NERFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

This aged like wine.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Clearly the devs listen to this guy.

We need to protect him.