The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game starting with less survivors, am I entitled to DC?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
So am I?

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Not really, keep playing.
  • Eveline
    But killers can dodge lobbies when they see it as unfair and DC at the start and middle of the game. Hilarious.
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Eveline said:
    So am I?
    No I wouldn’t , I know it sucks but you still have a chance at escaping and some killers will just farm anyway when that happens
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    I got used to it. I just play the game because you will earn BP anyway so. 
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    You are never entitled to DC. Sure it sucks but it is not the Killers or the remaining Survivors faults. Most if the time the Killer will just farm with you, so just stay. If he farms great you all get BP. If he just wants the game to end, great on to the next one.
  • Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Yes I will lose points but who cares, I already got to rank 1. I had a game yesterday against merciless wraith, myers and freddy who were on every gen . Just me and another person. It was torture. One game was almost 40 minutes long until I gave up because it's not worth it and surely not fun juking like crazy.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I started a game with one survivor yesterday, 30 seconds later I found him in a locker. He dc'd, fastest game ever.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Eveline said:
    So am I?
    only if youre a bad player
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Eveline said:
    But killers can dodge lobbies when they see it as unfair and DC at the start and middle of the game. Hilarious.

So just to get this straight. You want to DC because killers can DC?

Killers usually don´t dc at the start or middle of the game. At least not the ones i faced.
    But almost every match i have a survivor who disconnects because (but not limited to): they don´t like the killer, they don´t like the map, they don´t like being downed first, they don´t like to fail their DS, they don´t like to get downed after DS, they don´t like to be downed a second time, they don´t like to play against ruin, they don´t like it when the killer uses franklins, they don´t like to be hooked for the third time, they don´t like to be moried, and i´m sure i forgot some other ridiculous reasons.

• Eveline
    Well in my games or before game even starts killers do dc at least 50% of time. 

So If I am a bad player for dcing when game is being unfair killers are too with lobby dodging and dcing. Stop with the double standards people. 
  • Tsulan

@Eveline said:
    Well in my games or before game even starts killers do dc at least 50% of time. 

So If I am a bad player for dcing when game is being unfair killers are too with lobby dodging and dcing. Stop with the double standards people. 

So... you compare the inconvenience of clicking "join match" with ruining the game for every other player, because you dc?
    Like... really?

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

If I'm playing killer I always just instaquit with under 4 survivors.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Cherry picking is the entitlement just like dcs are. Yes they can be less annoying but like I said I get dcs at the start or in the middle of the game also and what did I see here? People making excuses why they do it and people supporting it. But when something is unfair towards the survivor no one sees it as a problem except a few people.
  • Gun_Doc
    Gun_Doc Member Posts: 43

As a Killer in these situations I will start to play the game as I normally would, but I pay more attention to who I’ve hooked and make every attempt to only hook each survivor once. Then I will let the survivors know it’s time to just grab some easy points and move on to the next game by taking a downed survivor to a gen or once I hook the last survivor for the first time I will move a good distance away from the hook but still keeping it in site and just stand there nodding my head and allow the save while never moving toward them.

I hate playing a game without all four survivors just like everyone else does.

• Vietfox
    Eveline said:
    Cherry picking is the entitlement just like dcs are. Yes they can be less annoying but like I said I get dcs at the start or in the middle of the game also and what did I see here? People making excuses why they do it and people supporting it. But when something is unfair towards the survivor no one sees it as a problem except a few people.
    You think survivors dcing is only bad for survivors?
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

From the moment you are born to the moment you die, in every conceivable aspect of life YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. Hopefully this has cleared things up.

Cheers!

• Lowbei
    edited September 2018
    how about you just not dc and avoid embarrassing yourself?
  • Tsulan

@Eveline said:

I really hope people like you get banned from this game for ruining the experience for everyone else.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Lol I never dc nor am I planning to. I just started this topic to see how biased and unfair some of you are. 
  • Lowbei
    edited September 2018
    Eveline said:
    Lol I never dc nor am I planning to. I just started this topic to see how biased and unfair some of you are. 
    so we are biased and unfair, for telling you not to screw over 4 other people by dcing whenever you get scared of failure.

it kinda says a lot about your character irl
  • Tsulan
    edited September 2018

@Eveline said:

I would be pissed, when you dc on my game. Doesn´t matter if i´m killer or survivor. You ruin the game for everyone else. This is NOT the same as getting lobby dodged.

• Eveline
    4 other people when I start with only one person or alone? But yes I admit it would screw other survivors. The problem is that you don't really care about that you just want to get your precious hooks. Cherry pick a lobby, dc when you want and tell survivors they should never dc.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Eveline The way I see it is like this, do your best for a solid 5 -10 minutes (average match lengths for a rank 11 peasant like myself). If after this time the game is still going and nothing has happened, don't DC but hook suicide. Granted this dooms whomever you're leaving behind but that 's not your concern. You joined the game for a relatively short match. Heck, you might have stuff in real life that you actually need to do so just summon the killer and suicide on the hook.

• Tsulan

@Eveline said:
    4 other people when I start with only one person or alone? But yes I admit it would screw other survivors. The problem is that you don't really care about that you just want to get your precious hooks. Cherry pick a lobby, dc when you want and tell survivors they should never dc.

1 is the killer, the rest of the players are survivors. You hurt the other survivors way more than the killer. Is this so hard to understand?

• Eveline
    So it's a win-win for a killer when you start the game like that, and no one has a problem with it?
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Thetruth said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

From the moment you are born to the moment you die, in every conceivable aspect of life YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. Hopefully this has cleared things up.

Cheers!

wrong

@TheLie

I agree with your name. ;)

• Lowbei
    Eveline said:
    So it's a win-win for a killer when you start the game like that, and no one has a problem with it?
    you start with less gens to do. its fine.
  • Tsulan

@Eveline said:

Who did say that? Quote please

• Peasant

@Eveline said:

Eh, just seems like tough luck to me. Besides I usually keep a stockpile of items on my main so that when I lose something I can just walk away chill out and remember that I have at least 2+ more copies of that item.

Not to mention that there are also a good number of killers that will spare you when nonsense like this happens. Heck, several weeks ago I was in a game with one of the infamous Infantry Belt + Iridescent Head Huntresses. She spared us all because there were only three of the four survivors. For the most part, even when I'm killer I'll go easy on the survivors and try to avoid actually killing anyone.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    When I play as a Killer and load into a match with only three people because someone disconnected as it loaded or someone disconnects early into the match, I will give someone the hatch.  The only catch is that they cannot be a Decisive Strike user.  That are not entitled to this.

If they do not have enough generators done, I will go to one and let them struggle off and do it.  Once they have enough done, I will bring them to the hatch.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@MegaWaffle said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

Cheers!

Unless you live in the west?

I was born in Russia and that may be true there but in Canada we are entitled to many things from the Constitution...

• Peasant

@JoannaVO said:
    Very nice of the killers who are willing to do this.

While I don't always play the killer, the gratitude is a nice change compared to the salt.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Everyone keep comparing lobby dodging and dc saying how it's different so how about when killers dc during the game is it ok?

*crickets*
  • Lowbei
    Eveline said:
    Everyone keep comparing lobby dodging and dc saying how it's different so how about when killers dc during the game is it ok?

*crickets*
    did you just post crickets at the end of your own question?

baffling

dcing isnt ok on either side
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

If you dont wanna play the game, walk up to the killer and let him kill you.

DCing is never a solution unless you are being hold hostage

• Tsulan

@Eveline said:

crickets

Ok, you went from: "is it ok to dc, if another survivor disconnects."
    To: "it´s the same as lobby dodging"
    To: "it´s only ok if it benefits the killer"
    To: "so killers are allowed to dc mid match"

Want to move the goal post any further?

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:
    Very nice of the killers who are willing to do this.

While I don't always play the killer, the gratitude is a nice change compared to the salt.

They do great contributions towards stimulating positivity in this community. I am like that too when I'm a killer, because when I am in a situation like that as survivor, I do get to escape too. They shouldn't be punished for the disconnected survivors.

• Eveline
    Tsulan said:

@Eveline said:

crickets

Ok, you went from: "is it ok to dc, if another survivor disconnects."
    To: "it´s the same as lobby dodging"
    To: "it´s only ok if it benefits the killer"
    To: "so killers are allowed to dc mid match"

Want to move the goal post any further?

No I didn't. You just cherry picked lobby dodging which I mentioned as a bad behaviour and compared it yourself ignoring everything else. Typical.
  • Lowbei
    edited September 2018
    So you made a question thread, most of the players told you that you were wrong, and you are arguing with them now.

Sounds like you didnt really mean to ask a question, but more to make a statement of your flawed opinion.

try not to get yourself banned for dcing. you are welcome for us answering your question.
  • Vietfox
    Lowbei said:
    So you made a question thread, most of the players told you that you were wrong, and you are arguing with them now.

Sounds like you didnt really mean to ask a question, but more to make a statement of your flawed opinion.

try not to get yourself banned for dcing. you are welcome for us answering your question.
    Gotta agree with u...
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Ok i will put this in simple terms.

No it is not okay when survivors dc just because another survivor did it. You screw over your team just as much as that other person did. That goes for Dcing when your downed, because you want to save an item or because you are loosing in general. If i get dc'd on to the point where the game is unplayable, i will go stand under a hook and spin, Why should the killer be screwed over either? And as mentioned before a good percentage of the killers will take pity on you, especially if you don't make them hunt you down for twenty minutes.

(And i appreciate these killers a LOT)

Dcing is NOT the same as lobby dodging, nobody looses bloodpoints, items or offerings. They are two very different things.

And finally no,it is not okay when a killer DC's, and in fact if you looked at another thread in this forum asking 'Which map do you dc on?' you will note a LOT of killers who don't like to dc. Yes it happens, but that doesn't make everyone happy about it and it doesn't mean 'killers are allowed to dc'

So no, you are not 'entitled' to dc. You can either make a good choice or a bad one. Entitlement does not come into it

Make of this post what you will, i play both sides and have no hate for either, but this is as honest about your question as i can be.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    @Lowbei
    I sure won't since I never dced unlike killers who are so bad they have to pick their fights and still lose them, then dc when gens are done. Enjoy.
  • Lowbei
    Vietfox said:
    Lowbei said:

Gotta agree with u...
    ... awww bring it in for a hug
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Eveline said:

crickets

Where did anybody say the killer DCing during the match was okay here?

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I never DC as either regardless of how toxic the other side is. Sure there were times where I really wanted to facing against high ranks as a mid/low rank but I still stuck to it. The only reason I would leave early is if my computer crashes or the garbage anti-cheat suddenly drops on me.
  • benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

i don't even know why this is a question because the devs already said you can, just as long as it isn't too many times to get the softban. They specifically said if you don't like dcertain games that they understand if you want to dc. so unless they change that rule, go ahead.

• Tsulan

@benzos said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

i don't even know why this is a question because the devs already said you can, just as long as it isn't too many times to get the softban. They specifically said if you don't like dcertain games that they understand if you want to dc. so unless they change that rule, go ahead.

Following that logic, killers would dc everytime they get a deathsquad with 4 flashlights...

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Nope.
    Why are you going to screw over the other 3 players (2 surv+killer). If you DC they have an even slimmer chance of escape or getting much for BP. Killer will at least get a quitter bonus, but even that is pitiful.

No real justification for DCs imo (except legit issues like game crash, internet went out, IRL emergency).
    If you ready up in the lobby, just play it through ffs, otherwise just stop joining lobbies and screwing over other players. Maybe the tutorial is more your pace (this is directed to any rage quitters, either side, seriously y'all just stop plz).