The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game starting with less survivors, am I entitled to DC?

2»

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited September 2018
    Don't worry. I won't.
  • benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@Tsulan said:

@benzos said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

i don't even know why this is a question because the devs already said you can, just as long as it isn't too many times to get the softban. They specifically said if you don't like dcertain games that they understand if you want to dc. so unless they change that rule, go ahead.

Following that logic, killers would dc everytime they get a deathsquad with 4 flashlights...

ya, they can do that too. nobody's stopping them. as long as they don't do it enough to get the softban. but why not just dodge the lobby if you see 4 flashlights or a deathsquad or whatever.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited September 2018
    benzos said:

@Tsulan said:

@benzos said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

i don't even know why this is a question because the devs already said you can, just as long as it isn't too many times to get the softban. They specifically said if you don't like dcertain games that they understand if you want to dc. so unless they change that rule, go ahead.

Following that logic, killers would dc everytime they get a deathsquad with 4 flashlights...

ya, they can do that too. nobody's stopping them. as long as they don't do it enough to get the softban. but why not just dodge the lobby if you see 4 flashlights or a deathsquad or whatever.

That's what this whole thread is about. OP thinks lobby dodging is the same as disconnecting mid game. Which is ridiculous. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Tbf, you're always allowed to DC, just not too frequent.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    No. Why would you even want to?
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    No, because the amount of gens required decreases if disconnects occur prior to match start. 
  • AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

If the game starts with you and a few trash players, don't even try, farm a few bloodpoints and get out of there, let 'em die if you need to, last thing we need is a player deranking 10 times because there were only 2.5 players.
    When I say that I mean the other players were trash and only equaled half a good player.

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Eveline said:
    So am I?

If the game starts with you and a few trash players, don't even try, farm a few bloodpoints and get out of there, let 'em die if you need to, last thing we need is a player deranking 10 times because there were only 2.5 players.
    When I say that I mean the other players were trash and only equaled half a good player.

On the other hand, DON'T DC for no reason, if it's a killer that you know you can win against, TRY TO WIN.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Tsulan we need to get along to tell these people how disgusting is to DC
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    I mean you CAN but you're hurting yourself and your teammates more than anything. Plus it balances out by only requiring 4 gens be completed. Yeah you're at a bit more of a disadvantage but it's not a direct loss. Besides DCing and lobby dodging aren't the same thing at all.
  • benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@Tsulan said:
    benzos said:

@Tsulan said:

@benzos said:

@Eveline said:

So am I?

That's what this whole thread is about. OP thinks lobby dodging is the same as disconnecting mid game. Which is ridiculous. 

i don't care what the reason is. if he wants to dc, that's on him. if he does it enough, he gets a ban.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I think everyone should play the card they have been dealt.

If you get a face camping billy, you play.
    If you get a survivor DC, you play.
    If you get a map you don't like, you play.

You get the gist.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Eveline said:
    Well in my games or before game even starts killers do dc at least 50% of time. 

So If I am a bad player for dcing when game is being unfair killers are too with lobby dodging and dcing. Stop with the double standards people. 
    First I think it's pretty stupid to compare lobby dodging and dcing.

Lobby dodging doesn't screw people out of points or a rank and it doesn't make the game more difficult or less rewarding for those around you.

Now if you spawn in with less then the full amount of your survivor team but when you disconnect all you do is screw over your teammates.

Also before you say it no the killer is not required to take pity on you because there are less people in the game if they so choose to that's great if they want to go full force they have all the right to.

Lastly stop using the phrase double standards you clearly don't know what it means. Killers who disconnect in the middle of the match are not celebrated, they're not entitled to a disconnect, it's frowned upon and bannable . Same goes with if a survivor chooses to do it.
  • ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    Did you purchase the game? If so, then yeah. D/C away
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    SenzuDuck said:

I think everyone should play the card they have been dealt.

If you get a face camping billy, you play.
    If you get a survivor DC, you play.
    If you get a map you don't like, you play.

You get the gist.

agreed.

ThisNotIt said:
    Did you purchase the game? If so, then yeah. D/C away
    this is the dumbest thing ive read today, grats.