Feedback on PROPOSAL for Object of Obsession

Options
124»

Comments

• Xornedge
    Xornedge Member Posts: 30
    Options

I think the perk should only be a counter to aura detection perks and not be a scanner every 30 seconds. I think if it only countered aura perks from the killers it wouldn't possibly become a meta perk but it would remain very useful to the survivor. But instead that idea does both. Plus there is that spine chill aspect to it which i never liked. Also, the fact more than one person can use the perk and get value out of it even if they aren't the obsession event though the perk name suggests only the obsession should get an effect out of it. So i would make it so that it only reveals auras when you are revealed and it only works if you are the obsession. No timer, no seeing the killer if they don't have an aura perk. You can see them for as long as they can see you unless they are undetectable. Only my suggestion however

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

So if you're not the obsession, you have a dead perk all game? Ok.

• Xornedge
    Xornedge Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2021
    Options

Yes. It's called Object of obsession for a reason. Kind of like Blood Pact deactivates if you are the obsession. In OoO if you're not the obsession you don't have that "Link" to the killer so you can't see them. It only makes sense for it to be that way. Otherwise they can just change the name to some other name that makes more sense.

Killers also have perks that become "dead" for the rest of the game in case their timer runs out or in case they are hex perks, they are broken most often than not quickly, before they can give the killer any value. So it's only fair.

Edit: Also, Laurie comes with DS which makes you the obsession either at the beginning or after you stab them. So even if you're not the obsession, you can become the obsession later in the match.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 647
    Options

I like the base idea but the 3-second aura reveal for the killer every X amount of time feels unnecessary. Both are already benefiting equally from the perk by seeing each other whenever the killer would see the survivor. Seeing as this is a survivor perk, why would the survivor be punished for using the perk by having his/her aura revealed to the killer every once in a while, it makes no sense to me.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784
    Options

A lot of people use the current OoO to attempt to bait the killer into chasing them. If you remove the part where they show their aura to the killer, then it removes a good part of why people used it in the first place. They WANT to be seen so they are chased.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

The change seems fun, I would run this as a solo. I don't think the obsessions aura should just be shown, if multiple people are running it then I think it'll be more balanced if everyone running it auras are shown.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

With this OoO you may as well make it a killer perk. OoO is said to be broken in SWF because apparently every mouse/keyboard imput is forwarded to all survivors. When playing SWF WITHOUT OoO, there is always some1 that is being chased or has vision on the killer, calling out where the killer is just happens by multiple person instead of 1. OoO is a very good perk when playing solo as it gives info on when you can go for an unhook or where some1 is getting chased (which is all information SWF also have WITHOUT the perk).

The only reasons what gives OoO a stronger advantage in SWF is at the start of the trial: calling out where and which killer it is, and calling out trapper for setting up traps. Swf without OoO will know where and which killer it is a few moments later (and from there they just communciate between eachother where the chase is happening or where you see the killer.)

It would be sad to nerf a perk that gives alot info when playing solo.

A good !!!NERF!!!, sorry, i ment, a good CHANGE would be to disable the perk at the start of the trial which will prevent early callouts/traps setups

• jeanperson
    jeanperson Member Posts: 37
    Options

that's a good idea and is obviously design in thought to be synergized with sole survivor.

But it would become useless outside that synergy since no one would want to be revealed every 30 seconds, that would become a meme perk.

Object of Obsession:

as it it but the killer revealing last for 3/4/5 seconds and the perks goes on cooldown for 1seconds/meter distance with the killer when revealed;

but reveal you for 6/9/12 seconds to the killer.

also if you are the obsession reveal the killer for3/4/5 seconds to other survivor and reveal you to them for 6/9/12 seconds.

that would still synergize well with sole survivor and be way more useful without being broken. If within 12m of the killer he would be permanently be revealed to other survivors but you gonna be most likely be in a chase.

Now those effects, should be matter for futur new perks instead...

-Reveal the killer when you are revealed (survivor perk)

-Reveal the Obsession for 3 seconds every 40/35/30 seconds (KILLER PERK)

-Reveal the survivors to whom you are revealed (killer perk)

that could be 3 news perks for future chapter content.

• SamuraiDragon27
    SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 105
    Options

It's ok, but it kinda takes away what I assume the main use for sole survivor was and that was to use OoO a little easier as the match progressed. but no one uses that anyway so whatever I suppose

• floopinpigs
    floopinpigs Member Posts: 6
    Options

Looks great, thanks devs!

• Set
    Set Member Posts: 23
    Options

This change makes alot more sense than the old OoO.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    Options

I like it. Could make perks like Nemesis begin to see use so as to change the obsession to a player that doesn't have Object.

• MeepLessThan3
    MeepLessThan3 Member Posts: 85
    Options

OoO and Sole Survivor do work together. Unfortunately they made a mistake when last tweaking Sole Survivor to cause it to be perma lit up when just 1 person is dead. Sole Survivor blocks the aura reading extending from the survivor's position for each dead survivor, not from the outer range which I dislike. Before they made the change, Sole Survivor used to lit up when it was working, blocking the aura reading, so that you would know it was safe to look. When both are tier and token 3m they used to lit up together indicating you can see them far away, but they can't see you at all. They do work together.

• MeepLessThan3
    MeepLessThan3 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Yes it would, so long as the killer wasn't Undetectable by the wording of OoO.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

It sounds a lot better than what we have now, but it also sounds incredibly powerful revealing every aura reading perk the killer has to the survivor. Making it a better and more desirable perk might have people running it more often which won't help relieve the aggravation killers have towards the perk.

Lets address the two biggest issues players have with the perk:

1) Overpowered in SWF because 3 survivors get the benefits of the perk (information on killer location) with none of the downsides (having your aura revealed)

2) It has been abused more than almost any other perk by toxic players over the years.

I actually think the second one is the bigger deal as it's what causes much of the frustration. Certain people that run this perk are class clowns, often just manchildren screaming for attention like a child would. Sometimes as killer you can ignore these survivors, but it becomes harder to do so when they run Object as it creates a solid link between you and the troll player. It's harder to ignore them because there's a big shiny aura on your screen everytime you turn around, tbagging you from a safe distance and calling out your every move to their swf friends.

You know how much frustration killers have with toxic swf and this perk, you really need to break that link between the killer and the survivor. Trolls who are only out to antagonize other players and ruin the game for them shouldn't be enabled in doing so and given a way to force the killers attention onto them. Your game is severely lacking in people playing killer and it's going to be interesting to see if you have the courage to make changes that players want in order to keep the remaining killers.

Again this sounds better than what we have now but it also sounds like a strong perk that would be run quite often by multiple survivors in a trial. Your post doesn't make it clear but does the aura reading ONLY apply to the obsession? in which case it might not be as bad, but if other survivors get the same effect at a different distance like currently then it could still be problematic.

I think the part about revealing the killers aura everytime they see yours should go, as that would reveal any aura reading perks the killer has and that's going to be too powerful in a 4 man group.

Also the perk needs to be distance based not terror radius based because it completely ruins Freddy, imagine you're trying to mindgame a survivor around a loop just as the aura shows and they see you. It will probably happen a fair few times. Just make it outside x meters and this will fix the Freddy problem.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

Would Scratched Mirror Myers still be viable? He's Undectable, but there's the Aura reading aspect.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Overpowered perk which needed some nerfs. Deserved.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Seems like a reasonable change. I say go for it!

• Ernandes
    Ernandes Member Posts: 0
    Options
    testing dbd update

https://shrinke.me/bLDsaCl

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    Options

I hope it gets changed. Right now it feels like a perk for noob whimps.

A perk that lets you keep eyes on the killer all the time? C'mon, only desperate cowards would want to do that

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Killers location will be revealed to you every 60 seconds for 3 seconds. Increase killer aura reading abilities for yourself by 25%. For obvious reasons the perk will have to charge for 60 seconds when the game starts.

Unlike aura reading, killers location is not affected by undetectable status.

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271
    Options

I personally do not like it as it is better now. I would suggest making this for public games and keeping the old object for customs. I don't want a second rework on my second favorite perk now that you guys are screwing over ds.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    Options

The new OoO would have to let the surivivor see the killer even if they're undetectable for the nerf to have redeemale qualities, as almost half the killers are stealth killers with aura revealing add ons and the old OoO would at least let you know which way the stealth killer was coming from.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Make it so that if you arent obsession, you wont see killers aura when seen by their aura reading perk.

Instead, the perk will just lights up like spine chill to let you know you are being seen by aura reading perk.

So being the obsession will have the most benefit for survivor and killer wont be read by everyone with OoO when they use Nurses calling or something.

Otherwise the changes to this perk are fine by me

• Gunna_Stalk_Ya
    Gunna_Stalk_Ya Member Posts: 15
    Options

I think it should be that every time the killer hooks anybody else other than the obsession, then the killers aura with be revealed for 4/5/6 seconds with a cooldown of 50/40/30 seconds for every use. It also rewards you with 50%/100%/150% bonus bloodpoints in the boldness category. Just a dbdm gamer..

• Amelio
    Amelio Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2021
    Options

nice idea for the perk but perks should not work like that (to be more clear they teach in balance courses that you shouldn't do that, since it's not under the control of the players in a certain way, to say it simple only players should have the control of the game, so the devs would never implement a perk that works like that, I hope at least, it would be a rookie mistake), I like the idea and design behind this perk but right now it's a bad perk that gives too much power to players (even if it's actually a mediocre perk) and that it's just annoying and frustrating for killers and it really needs some tuning

It can be a fun Perk, I'm a killer main and from time to time having a survivor that wants to take the pressure out of teammates and be the focus of my attention can be a fun challenge especially when you play with obsession perks yourself

from the wiki:

-

supernatural bond links you to the Killer.

If you are looking in the Killer's direction, your link will reveal your Auras to each other.

This effect applies only if you are outside of the Killer's Terror Radius

As the Killer's Obsession, this effect applies to a maximum range of 56/64/72 metres. Otherwise, it applies to a maximum range of 44/56/64 metres.

Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

-

ok, it's pretty simple so I'll just jump to the changes, it's just the bare essential to make this perk actually balanced and at least nice to have in a game:

• maximum range fixed to 64 meters, minimum range is 24 meters and outside of the terror radius
    • the aura reveal lasts 2/4/6 seconds for the survivor and 10 seconds for killer
    • the "aura reveal effect" for the survivor is the Aura-Flare-ups, the killer just see the survivor aura as before
    • the perk has a cooldown of 40/35/30 seconds, starting after the 10 seconds of aura reading of the killer
    • If the killer sees your aura the perks automatically trigger ignoring the remaining cooldown if any
    • your aura appear as yellow for the killer (or any different colour, you are connected to the killer and he can feel it, he knows that you know you are seeing him, and it's more clear when the player uses the ability)
    • If you are not the obsession the perk is deactivated, if you get hooked you become the obsession if you are not already

-

more about auras: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Auras

Now, a little overture: you have a great advantage over the killer by knowing his position (but not that he's doing) and the killer knows where you are and can track you effectively; if you are using this perk you really want to be chased by the killer and being his focus for the match, you become the strongest survivor but you risk more than anyone in doing so

I think that It would be really immersive to play against a player with a perk like that, using Barbecue and Chilly and knowing that he knows that I'm coming for him to prepare it, using A Nurse's Calling and let him know the time's up, or letting him panic a little bit more every time a generator is completed with Ranchor knowing the killer have the upper hand and when the last gen pop playtime is over

Post edited by Amelio on
  • hello_hru
    hello_hru Member Posts: 44
    Options

This is great. Please add in game.

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132
    Options

This perk is free wallhacks for SWF.

And that is what it is used for 99% of the time.

It should just be deleted from the game and be done with it.

This change does nothing.

At least make it fair for both sides.

Make OoO Aura reveal the killer for the object only (they will still cheat by having coms all the time) at all times and make all survivors aura reveal for the killer at all times.

That would be fair. Both sides would have full information. No, killers would still have to deal with thier ######### POV and it would still destroy Trapper and Hag for the low cost of one perk.

I would still prefer this abomination of a perk gone completely.

It's like permanent wallhacks are a bad idea.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

45 seconds is a long time. the information wont always be accurate and i dont see how they could remove it cuz its a teachable perk

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

i really like this change. it makes it a decent solo queue perk & makes it easier to get lauries adept cuz the current ooo hinders you so much

• Adidi
    Adidi Member Posts: 44
    Options

Perfect change and actually new interesting mechanic introduced. Now you really can feel like being killers obsession cause you have no control over aura reading while having ability to discover what perks the killer uses. Can't be toxic, is usefull. 10/10 rework

• PigsEatBacon
    PigsEatBacon Member Posts: 53
    Options

This seems like a much better change. It gives it more use and gets much less irritating for both the killer and the survivor. Seems like a much more synergized perk as well.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I love this rework idea. Hope you guys go through with it.

• ScottRozzy
    ScottRozzy Member Posts: 53
    Options

Just leave the perk. If this perk gets reworked there will be another perk that takes its place that people dont like.

please make a bare bones mode where there are no perks or add ons

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

Personally I like OoO as it is right now, a high risk, high reward type perk, but it is extremely broken against certain killers. Id rather just see Trapper have an undetectable phase when setting up, which is broken when he is seen by survivors (like ghostface but with a much quicker reveal) or enters a chase and that he reneters passively after being out of sight for awhile.

• TheAverageAsh
    TheAverageAsh Member Posts: 21
    Options

I love that this perk is getting a rework, as a OOO user I personally think this perk was broken against poor Freddy.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

this sounds like a good idea, and it would be cool that you could see the killer as long you know how to chase and try to find the killer, but watch out. The killer could find you instantly.

• Quake
    Quake Member Posts: 230
    Options

Why they just dont change it to "whenever you and the killer face the same direction your auras are revealed to each other"

• posterum
    posterum Member Posts: 48
    Options

Just don't do it. Keep it as it is. No need to nerf a high-risk perk.

• Sushi_x2099
    Sushi_x2099 Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2021
    Options

object shouldnt let stealth killers be able to see survivors if survivors cant see stealth killers

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    Options

I think it should work like this: You start the game with 1/2/3 stacks and you can press a button to consume a stack and you see the killers aura and the killer sees you for 5/8/10 seconds, you leave no scratch marks for 5/7/10 seconds, you can still see the killer even if they are undetectable, and each time a generator is completed you get another 1/2/3 stacks

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242
    Options

please get rid of the 30 second aura seeing and increased action speed the first part is fine on its own

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,536
    Options

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this.

As this is now being put into the PTB for testing, I will close this thread. Look forward to reading your feedbacks once you've had a chance to test things out on the PTB.

Thanks again for all your input.

This discussion has been closed.