Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DS Changes - My Thoughts

AnimatedAaron_
AnimatedAaron_ Member Posts: 50
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey guys, just my thoughts on the whole DS change. I play both survivor and killer. More 60 40 towards survivor because I play with my friend often but. I'm definitely all for balance and I'm not biased towards 1 side. So therefore, OoO, I'm glad it's getting nerfed because IMO it was a pretty toxic perk lol I think we can agree on that. But I mainly wanted to talk about this DS nerf. I personally feel like its extremely killer biased and will only encourage tunneling even more now. I understand "killers dont like it" and yeah it is abused by survivors but there's a reason for that. Tunneling sucks and is not fun, when playing both sides imo. It is the only "stop tunneling" me perk, so now what? What if someone is hooked in the basement and its mid-late game, people start healing to try to go for the save, or you're not healed and you go for the save, but you have decisive atleast. Boom, its gone. It feels like a death trap. As a killer, if someone goes into the locker with DS after this nerf, thats fine, atleast they're being unproductive so idc they can stay in there lol but DAM, we lose it after doing totems and unhooking??? Idk it just seems like way too much of a nerf. It seems as if a killer main made these changes lol I love playing as killer too, so dam this is going to make playing killer more "fun" but is it really? I personally dont have "fun" when I know the team is having a miserable experience. Thoughts?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• AnimatedAaron_

Youre right, that isnt tunneling in that case. But how is the perk better? In what way? From a killer standpoint hell yeah lol But how is the perk even worth using anymore? Its completely useless now. Unless u want to be completely unproductive throughout those 60 seconds.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

DS still works like before, you just can't abuse it like you did. Even when I'm not tunneling i get hit by it, i am being punished for playing the game normal way, but survivor choosed to abuse the mechanic and work on the gen in my face, not anymore :)

• AnimatedAaron_

Again, your a killer main clearly. In what way is this perk worth using anymore unless you want to be unproductive for the whole 60 seconds its activated.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

No, I'm just thinking clearly. In a case you are getting tunneled, it wasn't fair to get punished when you are not tunneling, it was the most abused perk in the game, you did things you shouldn't get away with if you didn't have it. But i guess it's killers problem because you choosed to do a gen in his face?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I'm almost sure that the "healing" is if the person who has DS active heals another person because it also says "repairing generator"... which would make sense, if you have time to heal you're not getting tunneled so.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406
    edited February 2021

You should use the perk when you get tunneled aka when the killer is chasing you after you got unhooked. Yes, when the killer decides to not chase you, the perk is useless. So is unbreakable when the killer doesnt slug. Or sloppy when the survivor doesnt heal. There are a lot of perks like that.

But im happy to waste one perk slot when the killer doesnt tunnel. I use decisive in almost every game and only for this reason. To prevent tunneling.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

If they were doing gen in your face... you could grab them and eat the ds. It's 5 seconds, that's not going to cost you the game

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I'm ok with the changes EXCEPT for the unhook deactivation. New DS will now heavily promote completely selfish play, and discourage altruism. If you don't believe me, you probably don't play much solo queue, if you play it even at all. I'm betting that it will swing from "wish my random solo queue teammates would bring DS" to "good grief... they have DS 😐". Everyone jokes that Self Care is a killer perk for survivors, and now we are gonna have DS along side it as one of the new "selfish player" perks LMAO

It's gonna be thaaat much harder to get healed or unhooked by teammates who have DS up, simply because they will not want to lose it. Definitely going to cause even more inefficiency in solo queue, as information is already low enough in solo and most survivors will want to keep DS up for as long as possible, or at least until they know what's up with the killer.

The DS nerf is honestly yet another nerf to solo queue while SWF does not get hit as hard. At least in SWF you can coordinate and pass along information, but in solo? You're out of luck LOL

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

DS will still be meta. You will still be protected if the killer is tunneling you. If you had enough time to heal you weren't being tunneled. If you decided to not heal and do a gen, cleanse a totem, you weren't being tunneled. This change will not render the perk useless like MoM. In fact it will probably cause a lot of killer players to come back to dbd. Thus improving your que times. When killer gets something taken away they usually get nothing back. Your parents are limiting how much time you can play with it but you still get to keep your toys.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,539

Just because you are using DS, doesn't mean you need / deserve to stun the killer at some point during the trail. DS is no longer an anti-momentum perk, it is an anti-tunnel perk. If the killer decides to kill you and ignore everyone else, you have a chance of escaping. If you are not being tunneled, do a gen or cleanse a totem.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

The perk is useless.. Nah, it really isn't. You're overreacting about something that comes to mind. If you needed DS to have an extra life, you shouldn't have it, to begin with.

It's a quality of life change. It's designed to be a anti-tunnel. Not momentum. Not being tunneled? Go do a gen, or heal.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

How is the perk useless? It prevents tunneling. You know, all the comments that claimed "just don´t tunnel" against DS? Where they all just trolling and using the perk in ways it wasn´t intended for? I guess so.

• Naglonija
    Naglonija Member Posts: 4

honestly, Decisive strike is the most overused perk in the entire game. and its simply because of its helpfulness.

Borrowed time, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Head on, Self Care. these 5 are all i really see as a killer against ranks 1-4.

to think it was nerfed? doesnt seem so. its cooldown is its only downside. other than timing it to go off.

Use it to escape, hit a locker, with head on, stun the killer once, then twice. loop for an hour. yeah....

Theres even a perk that heals you in a locker, so that could be great as a combo.

And i just like being the killer, but i dont mind DH BT HO SC. its only DS that gives me so much trouble. even nerfed.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

As I have suggested elsewhere, it is not impossible that disabling DS for altruistic actions (being fully healed is another thing) is too penalizing.

Being tunneled is totally compatible with unhooking a Survivor, or healing for a second a Survivor who is waiting in a dying state. It may be the best strategy, or the best decision, or the last possibility, the last hope.

Disabling DS for this can allow too strong snowballs, while the survivors are obviously in trouble since at least one is hooked (or dying), and a second has DS (so he just got off the hook too - most likely thanks to a third survivor - and that he is injured). That makes at least 3 survivors not doing any goals for a while, but struggling not to die. And I'm not even talking about situations where one (or more) survivors are in the basement.

I believe disabling DS for altruistic actions is not justified.

The killers complain about generators repaired too quickly. After the toolbox destruction, after the repair efficiency nerf with multiple survivors, after limiting the maximum number of survivors on some generators, after Undying, with all the perks available to killers to counter this, and soon after this "Early Game Collapse"? I doubt it is reasonable - and even acceptable - to allow the killers to "killrush" when the survivors are precisely in trouble and clearly not making progress on objectives.