We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Reasonable, non-game breaking Killer buff

Options

I main survivor, but I know how frustrated decent killers are with the game. I main survivor, but do play killer. In low ranks killers are strong and powerful, whereas in the higher ranks...not so much. The rumors for the big killer buffs probably going to make playing survivor extremely difficult, or at least the buffs most people suggest on here. I happen to like how things are game play wise. So to help killers out and not stomp new survivors or bad survivors, I believe the rank system is key. At ranks 7-1 survivors should only get three perks or killers should be given either the standard 4 or maybe 5 perks. Logically, it's no wonder the high ranks suck for killers. It's only 1 person versus 4 persons. That's essentially sixteen perks against four. Cutting some perks to survivors or adding one to killers should help balance things. I think this with some work is a good balancing mechanism.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

There is one main issue with that kind of system :
    It would make people not to want to rank up. Especially since there is no rewards for doing so. Which could lead to even more bullying at low ranks for both sides.

The real solution would be to make the game more noob-friendly.
    For example, giving the perk "Windows of Opportunity" for free, or make it to appear in bloodwebs for the first 3 characters you level up, would help immensely. Which would ask for it to be a free perk tho, and give a new perk for Kate that would be more fitting to her since she's a DLC character, so meant for experience players.

Along with that, you could simply tweak some meta perks that are very used at high ranks, while not destroying them for low ranks that do not play optimally with them anyway, would be a good step toward a decent balancing of the game.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

If they could figure out the ranking system where it properly measures skill and deranking was eliminated or at least made very difficult to do i think scaling the difficult of the trials based upon rank would be a good way to go about buffing killers while helping out the noobs. I suggested before that as you go up in rank there should for example be less and less pallets. Pallets help new players survive for a bit but on high rank, highly skilled players they are an overpowered nightmare. Seriously reducing pallets for true high rank players would be a good balance forcing them to rely on mind games in jungle gyms and being stealthy. To encourage people to reach the highest rank possible there could be an end season reward. Depending on the rank you achieved you could get a lump sum of bloodpoints and maybe some shards or auric cells. I also like the idea of giving those that reach rank 1 a special cosmetic for the next season and you have to keep reaching rank 1 each season to keep the cosmetic available to you. It could be a glowing, bloodred shirt or something like that.

• HellHappens
    HellHappens Member Posts: 3
    Options

I like these suggestions quite a lot. I didn't think about people not wanting to level up but the pallets make quite a bit of sense and I think there is wiggle room to add Killer buffs in high ranks. Something subtle but not game breaking is a good idea. The rumored killer buffs are gonna piss a lot of survivors off. The hatch closeablility seems kinda bad if you get the short end and are the last alive cuz there was a good killer.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Runiver said:
    It would make people not to want to rank up. Especially since there is no rewards for doing so. Which could lead to even more bullying at low ranks for both sides.

For example, giving the perk "Windows of Opportunity" for free, or make it to appear in bloodwebs for the first 3 characters you level up, would help immensely. Which would ask for it to be a free perk tho, and give a new perk for Kate that would be more fitting to her since she's a DLC character, so meant for experience players.

Along with that, you could simply tweak some meta perks that are very used at high ranks, while not destroying them for low ranks that do not play optimally with them anyway, would be a good step toward a decent balancing of the game.

Maker the game more noob friendly? That's EXACTLY what the devs have been doing which lead to the survs being as OP as they are.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Runiver said:

Maker the game more noob friendly? That's EXACTLY what the devs have been doing which lead to the survs being as OP as they are.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Runiver said:

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Runiver said:

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@CallMeRusty420
    Did you glitch out or something?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

Force survivors into 1st person, remove most aura perks of killer and voila we are closer to a balanced game than we are now, also it can be called a horror game again

• HellHappens
    HellHappens Member Posts: 3
    Options

@Master said:
    Force survivors into 1st person, remove most aura perks of killer and voila we are closer to a balanced game than we are now, also it can be called a horror game again

The whole point of my post was to not drastically change gameplay. It's barely a horror game after the first 5 games. Forced first person on Survivors would be terrible as we stare for upwards of a minute at static gen parts. Not to mention the devs definitely won't do something so drastic so it just isn't sensible.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@HellHappens said:

@Master said:

The whole point of my post was to not drastically change gameplay. It's barely a horror game after the first 5 games. Forced first person on Survivors would be terrible as we stare for upwards of a minute at static gen parts. Not to mention the devs definitely won't do something so drastic so it just isn't sensible.

Ofc the survivor would be able to turn around their head just like the killer too.
    This enables you to look around while doing a gen, just like you are doing atm, but without the abuse of 3rd person by looking around corners

But this game needs a drastic change, dont you agree?
    In a game where you are aware of the killers posotion almost all the time, there is simply no horror aspect anymore

Your idea with the perks would be a nice start, but when you take a look at marths experiment, you see how much power the survivors have even without perks :wink:
    The main problem of this game is looping and you can do that really well without any perk too

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @CallMeRusty420
    Did you glitch out or something?

I think I did. I didn't even know I posted it 4 times >.> I just now saw it too >.>