Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is there a way to "transfer" my account between PC platforms?

Options
Rybe
Rybe Member Posts: 44

I feel like this should have an easy answer, but my search has failed me. My spouse and I share a steam account. Traditionally, this wasn't a huge problem. But lately we BOTH have multiplayer steam games we want to play at the same time, DBD being mine.

I'd love to transfer my dbd account off of steam to a separate account. Though presumably not to another steam account, guessing there's a 0% chance they'd allow that. But to another PC source I guess. I'm perfectly willing to purchase a second copy of the game if I have to, I just don't want to lose all of my progress/don't want to fight with my spouse over the steam account, as it is very stupid. Is there a way to do this?

And no, the steam family sharing thing doesn't let you both be online at the same time because it's garbage.

Answers

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Listen, don't lose hope because I could be wrong & I honestly don't know, but my guess is no.

Since DBD technically doesn't have you make an account for the game, I don't see how you could transfer your progress.

I'd advise trying to email them or get attention from a mod on here to accurately answer your question.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,487
    Options

Sorry but no, there's no way to transfer progress to another account. When you open your own account you will have to begin again I'm afraid.