Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Very strong loops should be removed

There are certain loops that are extremely safe for the survivor because they tend to have one short side, one super long side, a vault location and clear line of sight for miles around.

Loops like these have no place in the game as the survivor is extremely safe, has perfect sight of the killer which makes mind games pretty much impossible and if the killer wants to catch the survivor, he'd have to run after the survivor for half an eternity before they'd get a hit.

And if you get the "great" RNG, you'll have two generators near each other, each having a loop like this that is very safe for the survivor. One survivor will take one gen and just run for the loop if you come near and you're effectively powerless in that situation while other survivors will just be doing gens in the distance.

Sure, if I'm playing stuff like Nurse, DS, Hag, Huntress or Plague I'd have more of a play in these situations thanks to the line of sight but I'm not able to know what map I'm gonna be sent to and even if I did, I still wouldn't be able to switch killer after I queue up for a match.

Shack is about as safe as it should get on the very rare occasions and no loop should be considered overall very safe for the survivor. Alternatively adapt map generation based on killer so you'd only get the aforementioned loops if you play as something that can use their power to deal with it in some way.

Comments