Demogorgon Shred Bug

Options
Puffy
Puffy Member Posts: 13
edited February 2021 in Bug Reporting

There's an Issue where when opening the menu in the middle of a Shred attack.

The Demogorgon loses all forward momentum every single time the ESC key is pressed while the Demogorgon is diving forward,

My platform is PC.

(Edit: Title changed from Exploit to bug, the advantage gained from it is minor enough to where it doesn't need to be called an exploit.

On another note, this isn't referring to the same glitch utilized by a lot of Survivors for Generators.

Hold Right click, tap left click and then hit ESC. Before going the full distance of the Shred you'll stop while still doing the animation. The effect is similar to if Blight was capable of stopping a Rush in the middle of nowhere by opening the menu.)

Post edited by Puffy on
0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• DeadByRobloxGaymer
    Options

Are you sure it's an exploit? Because exploits are something you use in-game to get an advantage which is typically cheating unless I read your message wrong.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

I think you're not reading this wrong, it's not a bug, not exploit imo. They just fixed [ESC] for auto-actions and this fella doesn't realized yet.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,595
    Options

I'm not really sure what's being reported here tbh. I can't see how losing the shred attack when you effectively tab out of the game is a bug 🤔

• Puffy
    Puffy Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2021
    Options

No, not tabbing out of the game. Opening the menu. (The one that shows all the survivors names and who they're playing)

Your Shred loses all forward momentum, effectively stopping you in place mid-attack for tapping ESC. It could be utilized to stop your momentum when you make a mistake. One of the biggest downsides to Shred is that messing it up throws you a significant distance away. It's never stopped me before when I check that menu during it.

I think this has gotten mixed up with charging Of The Abyss? I'm not talking about pressing ESC so you can keep it charged without holding the button, I'm talking about the actual Shred attack being stopped halfway through the lunge when you press ESC.

You're supposed to move for the entire duration of the attack, but just pressing ESC completely halts it. From what I've known playing Demogorgon, the attack isn't supposed to be stoppable in any way and having the way to cancel it be opening a menu seems really suspicious to me especially with the small but real advantage that can be gained from it.

Sorry for any confusion! I haven't reported bugs on here before.