My (mostly negative) Thought on 4.5.0

Qwertisi
Qwertisi Member Posts: 3
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello everyone! I'm a huge fan of DBD and a content creator on Twitch, YouTube, and various other platforms. I play the game daily for around 3 hours. Here are my thoughts on why I don't like the 4.5.0 update.

• The new movement. I think a lot of us more veteran players can agree that the movement is one of the reasons we love this game. I love learning difficult strategies like 360ing, moonwalking, and hitting difficult fast vaults. I think the new animations look clunky and feel slow, and they seem to have somehow altered the way the moonwalks and 360s function. I can't remember ever hearing a complaint about movement in this game, so I beg and plead to the devs to revert movement. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.... please.
  • The new UI covers so much more of the screen. It's harder to tell what's happening, to see my surroundings, and it's overall more annoying to look at 3 different corners of my monitor to find out information that all used to fit in the bottom left. Please just add survivor portraits to the old UI shape and add hook states in tally mark fashion near the picture. This would please everyone, as far as I know. The less clutter, the better. Again, nobody really complained about this ever.
  • The perk and killer changes are the best part of this update. They're all really solid and I applaud the devs for the work they did on this portion of the game. Along with the map updates, they are the bright spot here!

Please let me know what you all think. Devs, if you ever see this, please take what the community is saying into account. We love the game you've created.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I've been playing since 2017 and I LOVE the new animations! They look so much more realistic and I really like the change. We'll get used to it and then the old animations will be the ones that feel weird.

• Qwertisi

You don't care about how they tampered with moonwalking and 360ing? Also curious how many hours you have on the game. Full transparency, I only have 400 hours.

The most dedicated parts of this community don't care about realism necessarily. They care about how the gameplay feels. The immersion and horror factor isn't the best part of this game if we're being honest. But maybe that's just me... I think most of the big hour players feel the same way, though.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I have 63 days. Not sure how many hours that translates to though.

I'm on console so I never could moonwalk to begin with and 360, while possible on console, is a lot harder and I was only ever able to successfully 360 a killer that wasn't all that great to begin with. So neither of those issues bother me. I can understand why some other players might be upset about that. But again, I've been playing and enjoying this game for 3 and a half years without moonwalking or 360ing for a majority of it, so it's all good for me.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,734

Moonwalking and 360's are hardly important though? 360's tend to only work on bad killers or console killers with fps/aim dressing issues. Moonwalking while fun, also isn't anything important. Personally, I loved the tbag and point thing you could do and am bummed it's gone but it's nothing important. Same with this situation.

No opinion on the UI yet as I haven't played enough to get an opinion on it. Everything different is bad at first, got to give it time to settle. It's like if we had this current UI the entire time and switched to the old one, everyone would still be freaking out over it.

I'm generally finding all the changes to be fine, acceptable or at the very least tolerable. Around 1200 some hours on PS4 if you're curious. I also play both sides, about 60-40 survivor to killer.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I absolutely love the new animations but the hud gives my brain an annurism trying to decipher it

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Ik ok with the animations they are a bit tight with the motions but that can be fixed.

I do completely agree with the ui there's even a post/ petition about it. And I really hope it gets change even if it doesn't go back to the og icons I just want the layout to be back to normal.

I fell like they missed a bit with the clown buff like the speed boost is mediocre 10% buff for 5a after leaving the gas I dont feel like it's worth the bottles like I could play wraith ingore the loop all together with hit and run be at 155 for as long as I feel like and gat a 1.25s speed boost after uncloaking literary the killer this update was about got buffed less that the other one in the same update

• Qwertisi

They may not be important, but they're examples of the fluidity in movement that used to be evident in the game. fast turning is really important for tight and unpredictable looping. Moonwalking and 360s are skill-based, rewarding, player-developed mechanics that have been in the game and beloved for years. Taking them out is frustrating and removes a part of the game that many players loved for no reason. I understand that it doesn't affect the console community, but if we're being real here, the PC community has been around the longest and is responsible for all the content that brings people to the game.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited February 2021

I don't know what to say I haven't had a chance to play recently, but I'm actually looking towards the new animation.

Since I'm a console player it was never a good idea to go for a 360 unless its a last ditch effort and you can't moon walk on console.

Lastly, I think trying to swing at a survivors has less reaction and more of a predictability of where they went during a 360. Where most consoles killers complained about during early of dbd crossplay

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,734

It's not like they're being removed for no reason. It's just a byproduct of the new animations and it's still technically possible to do both anyways. If anything, I think the new moonwalking is hilarious with how much the camera bobs around.

Also, I would hardly call moonwalking and 360's skill based. 360's are a I'm about to get hit so let's see if the killer is bad move, which admittedly works way too often. Moonwalking has no effect on gameplay outside of the funny dead hard dodge you can do. They were just fun little things you could do to mess around as survivor. As I said, it's just like the tbag point. I loved that and it sucks it's gone but I'm not about to leave the game over it as I've seen some people threaten to do.

So again, it sucks they're gone but they were hardly anything important. Also also, just because the game started on PC has no bearing on anything in this conversation. It just makes it sound like you're sad you won't get to see as many 360 montage videos.

• toastypiggy
    toastypiggy Member Posts: 13

I agree with everything said. I noticed the movement too and haven’t seen many others talking about it. It’s very slow and my sensitivity hasn’t changed at all since the update.

As for the UI, I liked the compact design of the previous one (I was on one discussion and someone used the analogy that it’s like your gauges in your car, you look down quickly to get the info and then return to your wide view). I played a few games with this new design and I cannot seem to focus on anything because my eyes have to jump around the screen every few seconds to get the info I need.

Also, anyone that’s been playing the game for a while doesn’t need the survivor portraits and hook counters. My mind automatically keeps tabs on everyone’s hook count and it’s fairly easy to figure out which survivor is which (and you can even pull up the in game menu and it tells you!). Just saying, survivor portraits aren’t VITAL information like hook timers (which have been decreased in size so much).

• Devil33Delta
    Devil33Delta Member Posts: 2

My problwm is the hitbox. How can (every time) I drop a pallet on killer he ends up hitting me AND is also on the same side of the pallet as me?