Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Jesus Christ will you people calm the hell down for 5 minutes

look, I get it, New UI isn't great and is scattershot as hell, the new animations are stiff and if I can go one game without some sort of random hitbox tomfoolery whether it be killers with extendo-arms or weapons phasing through survivors I would buy a lottery ticket, but all I've seen on the forums is 2 groups of people angrily yelling at each other like they're planning to go to war.

Just.. take a deep breath and calm down, make a cup of coffee, put on some low-fi jazz, and argue with actual discussion instead on yelling like a group of drunken frat boys arguing over which girl is prettier

Comments

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279
    edited February 2021

How some dumbasses go dress themselves up as legion. Crash into the office and go nuts on everyone, mori them. Some people are so crazy they can go to such lengths anyway.

(I was being sarcastic, don't do that and hurt innocent lives)

• Timo_______R
    Timo_______R Member Posts: 58

I agree with you as well, but the devs didn´t even saw there mistakes in the past.

I just can hope they will someday wkae up

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Yeah so what? They changed the bones of the game they loved for the past 4-5 years, and you think they are wrong to be whining on a childish level? That will never be as childish as the devs intended deafness in releasing this distasterpiece. Honestly I’m being childish too, I don’t care how people behave, I just want the game I bought 5 times back.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

You missed the god pallet issue on the game map btw, about 90% of pallets are safe on that map (can be reacted to just by waiting at the pallet, no baits etc required)

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

While true, simply yelling into the ether doesn't solve anything, and that's all the last day on the forums has been, yelling into the ether and offering no fixes or anything, screaming at the devs solves nothing, making it clear the devs made massive blunders and offering ways to fix it is

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I’ve never had the devs back or side in the updates they’ve threw at us because something bad always happens. But at this rate, and with all the whining, the devs are more mature than the player base at this moment. I used to have the mindset that they were immature when it came to the core of Dead By Daylight but it’s now the opposite. Yeah no one asked for this but they didn’t ask you or anyone else if they’re allowed to because you know what? , It’s THEIR game NOT YOURS and they have a right to do things the way they want when they want.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

They want us to stop! If we stop then they'll think we're now fine with it!

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

this rage happens with literally every single update. it's common place now

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I mean technically seeing as majority bought the toy to begin with and then their parents smashed it to bits, I'd say rage, anger, disbelief are all fair.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

The yelling is a natural consequence of the talking (ptb feedback) falling upon deaf ears. If you can't be heard speaking normally, then you need to take it up a notch.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

First time?

Usually when a patch comes out this type of backlash is typical its the way that most players critique new updates.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Nope, can’t let the devs do dumb stuff

• Mileena_Kahn

Yeah but that’s the thing, sure, people didn’t ask for the new HUD and they don’t like it but it’s THEIR game. They make the final decision not us. We’re not their parents, they don’t need to be asking us for permission for every little thing. You can’t get upset over things like this when there are games that do things much worse than this. I’ll compare DBD to my 2nd favorite game, Mortal Kombat 11. Boy, oh boy was I pissed when I found out they randomly nerfed my favorite character mileena when she needed buffs and no one complained about her. Mind you, there’s no PTB for this and this was set in stone without warning. People are just ungrateful and that’s matter of the fact.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

keep calm so the dev get some slack for the horrible decision they make for 4+ patch....yea no i will keep the pressure on

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

it really isn't.

@tippy2k2 put it best

Everything has always been the worst thing that has ever happened and everyone is quitting the game in protest every week. The DBD Forum in a nutshell (hell, I've been guilty myself of an angry post or 10 about wanting to quit forever after a bunch of awful games).

nothing that is happening here is unnusual

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

omg the toxic milenna community is coming to dbd, i need to leave asap

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I entirely get why the community is pissed about this update, here's the problem though, that's all the last day has been focused on, the UI and Animations

Lets compare them

UI: Complaints about it take up literally the entire first page

Animations: Complained about just as much if not slightly less

Hitboxes: Surprisingly not mentioned as often as i was expecting

The fact that The Game spontaneously generated a extra 4 god pallets?: almost non existent

Random structures on Crotus not having hitboxes?: nothing

bugged emblems?: might as well not exist

I'm just a bit sick of hearing people scream about the same 2 things when there's a myriad of other things to complain about you know?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

People didnt ask for that change, you are right. But they kept asking for things that might make this change nessessary. A LOT of people want to buff solo survivors to swf level informationwise. So the hud needed to change. Maybe not in the way they choose, but you cant display additional information by leaving everything like it was.

It is just that people dont know what it takes to deliver the things they demand. More information, but dont change the ui? show me how its done.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, a user in another thread said they have announced this was the first step to add further informations. But i haven´t seen anyone else commenting on that or anything from the devs about that matter, so i cant confirm it. But i still think this is because they going into that direction.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited February 2021

They didn't mess up big, though. The state of the Binding of Kin DLC at launch? That was a big mess up. This is a purely cosmetic issue that is more of a matter of personal taste than anything else. I don't love the HUD, but it's fine. You'd think the devs murdered everyone's dogs with how the reaction has been on the forum. This is the forum crying wolf about the devs destroying their game and I feel it's just giving them less reason to take feedback seriously when something really is broken.

People notoriously hate any UI changes, regardless of whether or not they're good or bad, until they get used to them. That's worth considering when considering lots of day 1 hate for a new HUD.

If people would actually frame their arguments well and stay civil instead of just angrily spamming about things that would be a lot more constructive and helpful for the developers.

• Mileena_Kahn

And no matter what you say I’m still not going to change my mind. What are you trying to prove? Ya know there’s other people who are fine with the update. Quit trying to bash on others for liking the hud and giving their reasoning as to why it shouldn’t be complained about.

• Mileena_Kahn
    edited February 2021

The ones that are bashing are the people who don’t like this update which is almost everybody. They’re bashing the devs and being rude to people who are okay with it. Funny thing is, people tend to get mad and react when they hear the truth. Do you think I’m shocked people are hating on me cause I speak the truth?

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Nobody was bashing on anyone until you joined and called everyone ungrateful children. Devs unfortunately are a large company and will get backlash

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I've never been hysterical about the HUD. I've always pointed out how it is objectively a bad design, along with some snark. But I'm not going to lose my mind or insult them, that just defeats my argument and makes it easy to ignore.

• Mileena_Kahn
    edited February 2021

Yeah I called people ungrateful children do you want to know why? Because people need to learn to be appreciative of what they have. Be happy you’re still here another day, be happy you food to eat, be happy you have a roof under your head etc. just like with DBD, be happy you still have a game to play to get stuff off your mind or whether you play it just for fun. Some people can’t even afford this game. I cannot begin to imagine people who are at an adult age who act like this when they don’t get something they want. That being said, I was getting called names such as. “Dick rider” on my thread. Oh wait, you don’t care about what names people are called unless it’s yourself or the people your siding with.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I've only played 12 games (4 survivor/8 killer).

I am pretty indifferent about the UI.

I am pretty indifferent about the locomotion (more positive than negative though)

The hit boxes on both sides have been a bit wonky, but more killer favored for sure.

The game is very much playable. Adjust your play. Don't greed pallets.

Honestly, it's no surprise that an extremely toxic player base is acting toxic toward the developers. None of these changes are game breaking or even close to game breaking.

If you feel that it is, find something new to play for a while. A healthy break from a game doesn't hurt anyway.

So much complaining about the most mundane #########. I feel like I'm living on a different planet than most of you.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

I think people are behaving appropriately over the situation. I'm drinking my coffee calmly as I read what everyone is still saying about the update, hoping the devs will fix it or at least respond. :)

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195

n o

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2021

I haven't seen anyone bash people for liking it. I've asked multiple people why they like it and all of them have not given an actual argument, or one that even works, for this specific HUD. It is objectively bad game design and I want to know why people like it and I want a good argument to support it because, as it stands, saying it is "fine" or "you'll get used to it" isn't enough and doesn't excuse the poor choices made for the new HUD. It's fine if you like it, but why do you like it. I want to know.

Also, you don't speak the truth. Sorry for speaking the truth.

@OniWantsYourMacaroni Replying to notstarboard is a waste of time. They are a contrarian and (possibly) a troll.