Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Jesus Christ will you people calm the hell down for 5 minutes

Comments

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

Just remember that YOUR experience doesn't equate to everyone else's.

I'm just going to say how I felt about this: I mostly dislike de UI change because I play on console, and the information is too spread out, making the UI change pretty pointless, at least for killer IMO, as the important stuff are literally opposite from each other (ie: devourer and who was unhooked takes a bit more effort than before)

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited February 2021

Let's imagine BHVR saw the reaction to the PTB and decided they needed to change the UI. What would you have had them do? Delay the patch, including the many other more consequential improvements it contains, in order to tweak it or revert it? It takes time to make these changes and there is basically no chance of anything more involved than minor bug fixes or number value tweaks making it into the final release that weren't in the PTB version. Not having a different UI ready for 4.5.0 does not mean that they're ignoring feedback.

Still, the majority of posts on this forum whine about just about every single new patch and change. Reverting every change the forum doesn't initially approve of would would result in almost no new content being released.

The elephant in the room is also that people notoriously hate UI changes for any software right after release, regardless of whether or not they're actually an improvement. A PTB is not enough time to get used to it enough to fairly evaluate it versus the old UI. It also might be more popular on other platforms, which wouldn't be apparent from a PC-only PTB.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Changing how survivor movement works is changing 99% of the survivor’s gameplay. They changed 50% of the entire game (gameplay wise) in a way that most of the player base doesn’t enjoy. And lied about that.

If that is not messing up big I don’t know what that is.

• notstarboard

When has anyone tried calming down on the forum?

How has the constant anger spam helped colorblind players?

If you were a developer would you be more likely to listen to the person screaming at you or the person that gave a thoughtful, measured, and logical response?

• PGJSF

Okay I respect your opinion but the game still sucks to me and I won’t just shut up about it.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

yea they just need to do this "Return from whence thou cam'st. For that is thy place of belonging.

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021

How does changing animations change gameplay? As far as I know this is cosmetic only. And how did they lie about the animations?

Edit: It looks like moonwalking might be a bit harder now. Oh no, the devs are ruining the game. /s

Post edited by notstarboard on
  • InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I agree that nobody should be personally attacking the Devs etc - that's completely unacceptable, but if people don't express their feedback, it'll never be heard.

People are frustrated because the Devs implement poorly executed changes and then when the community gives them feedback through surveys and the forums it's completely ignored. People are complaining because they care about the game - they're not just doing it for the sake of complaining.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

What does UI have to do with solo survs needing a buff? Survs need information perks built into their kit and then nerfed accordingly. The only thing the UI needed imo was a totem counter. I also think survs should be able to see everyone's build in the lobby but that's probably a debate for another thread. My point is though that's another thing that has nothing to do with the UI.

• PGJSF

it is absolutely not purely cosmetic. Survivors locomotion has changed in every way, even gameplay wise, but this comment would be thousands of lines if I were to explain how. There are already tons of detailed explanation on the forum about this.

The lying part is because they implemented the new animations in the PTB and received lots (I mean LOTS) of negative feedback about it, but then they said they had to test it on the console players (because there is no PTB on console) to decide what to do about it. Few hours after they released the patch, a community manager wrote instead that the patch is out and can’t be reverted, making us assume it wasn’t a test at all.

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021

Could you link me one of these detailed explanations, then?

They clearly wanted more feedback than the initial impressions of a small group of PC players before making any changes. There was never any chance of them reverting the animations in this patch if they wanted to get feedback from console players. The console players just got the changes yesterday. Were you expecting 11 AM 4.5.0, a few hours of console feedback, and then 5 PM 4.5.1 with all new animations removed? Like what could they have possibly done lol

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Those 5 minutes were up two years ago.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

Because the angry one screaming might have been a thoughtful and logical customer, but they gave that customer a reason to change

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021

Maybe, but I doubt it. If the devs turned anyone from a thoughtful and logical customer into one that rages at every change that would reflect unrealistic expectations on that person's part. The devs of any game are not going to run their game entirely based on forum feedback and people need to understand that. If they don't instantly make a change to fix your pet issue that doesn't mean you were ignored and that it's time to get mad.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    edited February 2021

I've closed an aye for ui and animations but hitboxes are worst than ever now. I can't play survivor without getting dedicated, is not something "sometimes" but every fking hit

• notstarboard

Why do you say the feedback is being ignored? UI changes don't happen overnight, and neither does getting used to UI changes.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I know right? These people need to chill

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    edited February 2021

Methinks denying accessibility is a bit more extreme than an update that isnt favoured by a large amount of the community (which many people over exaggerate how bad it is, ui is weird sure, its not great, the animations take a lot of getting used to, I've already pulled off a few 360s and a couple moonwalks today, but they don't screw movement, just muscle memory! The only issues really are the hit boxes and bugs like the emblems and match scoring and new fat shame etc.)

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

that's fair, but there's a difference between being critical of a change and yelling and screaming about it.

It's hard to tell through text I understand that but making topics like the ones I've seen as of late sound like people just yelling and screaming over the smallest things.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

While most of those are true, you can still 360, still a lot harder though

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I can understand that changes take time, but it's BHVR's failure to even recognize that poor changes have been made that's frustrating the community. Ever since the UI changes were first publicized, the community has been very vocal as a whole about their negative opinions on it. PTB came along, we tested the changes, and pretty much everyone hated them after testing them. People put time into completing the surveys and posting constructive feedback on the forums for the Devs to take in and work on.

And here we are at the final release with: no response to our feedback from the Devs and a patch that's full of major bugs from the PTB that have still not been fixed.

Nobody expects them to be super-human, we all know they're amazing people irl, but it's the brick wall they're building between themselves and the rest of the community that's incredibly annoying - especially for players who have been here for a long time and have put thousands of hours into the game and its community.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I knew when the new hud was coming out people would've been up in arms, sadly thats the dbd community for you, but that doesn't mean thats everyone

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Yeah you can

I did a couple last night successfully I might add. You're not trying hard enough

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I never really could on console before lmao. At least not very well.

• Moofy
    Moofy Member Posts: 31

I estimate I've spent roughly around $250 CAD on this game and the dlcs, archives, etc. I'm sure many others have spent much, much more. The people continuously funding this game have a right to voice their thoughts imo. With that said I feel like at this point the only two ways to get the devs attention (aside from complaining here) is to stop purchasing their content and/or stop playing the game period since the PTB and surveys don't seem to mean anything. When the numbers decrease maybe they won't take their player base input for granted.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

We need a verified Twitter user to comment on the new patch. THEN they might understand...Or at least react.

• PGJSF

No I’m not trying at all I’m not going to play this game again lmao.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I mean the anger is justified imo

regarding just the UI they put it into the ptb without asking for any feedback on it beforehand, from what i understand what goes into the ptb is basically guaranteed to go into the live build in some form.

That means when they decided to put the UI into the ptb they had no intentions of using the feedback to change it before it released into the live build, this is proven by the mountain of threads created pointing out all of it's flaws.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

LOFL, had to give an upvote just for the title! Ironically, this turned into another forum of people strongly disagreeing with each other. Ideally, we wouldn't have to whine to get what we want from BHVR, but like some pointed out, it's what companies listen to.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

truly i question why i thought this was a good idea, guess a little part of me still has hope that things will turn out better

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

Well I'm glad you did bro, these comments have me cracking up.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

NO, THE DEVS MUST COWTOW TO OUR DESIRE OR WE QUIT, WE WONT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! WE AS A GROUP HAVE ALL AGREED THIS IS A DOX WORTHY BATTLE AT THIS POINT, YOUR TIME IS COMING DEVS!!

Don't ban me, I'm not serious.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

I started to play another game after the PTB, because I knew it was going to get past the PTB

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021
    1. You still can do this, for all the good this really does against Huntress or Deathslinger. The animation is just less twitchy now and more gradual.
    2. You can definitely still 360, it's just a little harder to do effectively. Same with moonwalking.
    3. I don't agree with this.
    4. You still can spin on the ground, just not the same way as before. I also wasn't aware that spinning was meant to communicate anything - 1100 hours and I've never seen someone do that as I approached that wasn't recovered. Usually you can tell if someone's been recovering by whether or not they've been crawling. If they hold still for a while, they're recovering. If they start crawling again after holding still for a while, they're ready to be picked up. Also how is this a meme?
    5. I'm not sure what you mean. Is this issue that the characters actually stand up straight now? It's not robotic lol, it's just how people look when they stand up straight. Before everyone was more hunched over.
    6. I don't think anything changed with the hitboxes, but people will learn and adjust if their muscle memory is off.

You're right that it's not purely cosmetic, but the changes are very minor, not drastic. I still don't understand how changing the animations killed any memes or how these (apparently very underground) memes are important enough to be synonymous with the games identity. That feels like a stretch to say the least.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

So dramatic and so demanding over a damn UI HUD. Ok Karen.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    edited February 2021

Sorry, but I didn't see any answers in your reply, just insults. If you could get those and the TPS reports on my desk, that'd be great 👍

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited February 2021

Minimalistic, concise UI changed to obnoxious, spread everywhere UI. Didn't listen to community feedback. Survivors get hit from a mile away and killers can't go into a bus, gamebreaking. Lets look at the patch before that. Killer releases incomplete and bugged to hell. Fat shaming swamp maps. Gamebreaking. Perks released and don't work.

Get a grip. Only BHVR somehow doesn't get held accountable for such low quality patches. Stop letting them get away with this.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

People need to stop acting ungrateful? Sorry but first of all; we PAY for this game. We PAY for our cosmetics and spend OUR time playing a game to keep BHVR and THEIR employees stable throughout a global pandemic. THEY released a "PUBLIC TEST SERVER" to request OUR FEEDBACK on a change NO ONE asked for and they didn't even ask us about. Then when they received an almost unanimous cry of NEGATIVE feedback; THEY blatantly said THEY didn't care and were putting it through anyway. THEY used console players as a scapegoat; claiming that "Console players needed to play it first hand".

So no.. We're not acting ungrateful. We're tired of having OUR time wasted. We're tired of being LIED to and we're tired of being treated like **** by the Developers.

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021

"The community as a whole" is not a fair assessment - the community is not a monolith and many people are neutral or prefer the new HUD. Users tend to hate UI changes in every piece of software regardless of how good or bad they are, so making changes based on the first impressions of a small percentage of the user base on one platform does not make any sense. They have no incentive to ignore feedback, though, and I'm sure they're not ignoring it.

What "major" bugs are we talking about here? They did fix a number of bugs from the PTB and in 4.5.0 in general, but I haven't heard of anything large that's broken. Regardless this game has had more than its fair share of bugs since launch and we're all still here, so it's not like this patch is suddenly an example of the devs losing the plot.

I don't have the same impression of the devs putting up a brick wall with the community. To pick a goofy example, if some members of the community say "I want shirtless daddy Myers" and the devs never address it, that doesn't mean they're not listening. It just means the community is not the only factor here. They need to focus on what is going to keep the game alive long term, which bug fixes and enhancements offer the most bang for buck, what is legally possible, etc., and I don't blame them for not feeling the need to break down the intricacies of every one of these decisions with us. On the contrary, I feel it's unreasonable for us to expect that level of transparency.

I also honestly empathize with them not interacting with spiteful, incendiary posts and I feel they have done a decent job with their changes and communicating the motivation behind them. I'm close to deleting my forum account because I'm tired of the constant whining and I don't even work there.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

HOW DARE PEOPLE share their opinion on a forum made to share opinion?!

HOW DARE THEM?!!

• notstarboard

Why are balance decisions unique? Yes, many people on the forum get very tribal and hate anything that might shift the power balance towards the other side. Many people also don't like change, though, regardless of whether it's good or bad. The old HUD will always be better to them because it's what they're used to. Meanwhile, I guarantee you new players or people who aren't as resistant to change won't load into their first 4.5.0 and say "oh wow, this HUD is awful!" They'll just accept it and play the game, because it's really not that bad.

The way I see it, it gives more information than the old HUD, it looks reasonably nice, and I love the UI scaling option (I use 85% - I think it looks a lot better). They now have an injured "slash" icon so the early complaints about colorblind accessibility have been addressed. I'm not sure what the issue is.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Please don't tell me that the whole UI team isn't able to move the UI elements down to the bottom like they used to be in 4 weeks.That's ridiculous

The thing is,the UI is just objectively bad.There is absolutely no point in denying that.A good UI is able to give me all the important information i need after a quick look,which is absolutely NOT the case with the current one.

• bigboidom
    bigboidom Member Posts: 3

I swear y’all be rude behavior so hard that anytime people criticize them you come to their defense. A lot of people had said they didn’t like in ptb but look how they don’t listen to our feedback yet again. Then we have people like you saying we are acting like children because the don’t listen to any of the criticisms. People like is why behavior won’t change because act like they can do no wrong