New HUD LAYOUT Impacts Killer Gameplay

Let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of this new HUD layout and I know majority of the DBD community isn't either. I am very disappointed to see the Devs actually bring this update to live servers after majority of the DBD community said that "THEY DO NOT WANT THE NEW HUD LAYOUT". Now lets get into why I do not like the New HUD and why I think it hurts killers. As a Kiiler main I played a lot of the PTB/new update and I have noticed that the placements of the HUD is all over the place! I constantly had to keep moving my eyes all over the screen which made me miss opportunities to find survivors on the map. Killers are already at a disadvantage by playing in first person, so why are you making it more difficult for them with distractions all over the screen? Killers eyes should be focused mainly on the center part of the screen because this is where they're going to find potential survivors on the map to chase. The way it was before was perfect because all the killer had to do was look in the bottom left hand corner to see how many gens are left, their power logo and character logos all in one spot! Now its just scattered across the screen and it looks incredibly sloppy.

I am a Plague main and having to look up in the top left hand corner of my screen to see whos infected/ broken is incredibly frustrating for me. The character logos is one of the Plagues main sources of tracking. For eg. If I puke on a Gen and leave that gen and then I see a character logo turn green that means someone interacted with that specific Gen that I puked on. Because of this new HUD I had to constantly shift my eyes in the top left hand part of my screen to check the character logos. This distracted me because I sometimes lost track of Generators and lost chases because of all these distractions. In my honest opinion any Killer that depends on looking on the HUD consistently throughout their matches is going to suffer from this new HUD change and The Plague is one of them. I made a video on my Youtube channel discussing these issues in greater depth and ill leave a link to it down below.

Comments

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Also, you can't really see the sickness progress between 30% - 60% since the survivor portrait is covering it when playing survivor. Same with Freddy and Ghostface. It's pretty frustrating