The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Update ain't that bad

SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Played a couple of matches last night, instant reaction was, hmm, not bad.

Good: The icons top left are ok, look crisp although they're a bit small and you have to look away from middle of screen but it's ok. Hatch animation is more realistic, I managed the slide in one as I was slugged.

Bad: The gen counter is too small and stupidly placed high up. The fuzzy scratch mark to represent an injured survivor looks crap imo, and the dying/health bar is ridiculously too small and is a big step backwards imo. The moving whilst injured animation is pretty poor too, looks like the character was slipped a laxative in there latte.

Other than that. Didn't experience any issues with hitboxes, the fact that I was a rank 9 console player playing a rank 1 PC nurse was friggin annoying (twice this week) but the update ain't as bad as it was made to sound.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

The issues are more survivor sided, with massive hitboxes, apparently. I didn't see it on my end, but was told in a few games that my lunge seemed doubled due to the hitboxes.

I haven't experienced the bus bug yet, but I can say I absolutely despise The Game now. It's torture playing it with my Plague, with all 9000 god pallets piled on top of each other.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited February 2021

It's totaly okay you have not much any problem with the patch, good for you.

For others... Like me... Damn, these hitboxes rly don't want me to play as Surivivor.

Seriously, at least once it happends every single game that I play after this patch. No, it didn't happend before (not a ping problem).

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

He didn't say nothing is wrong, he is giving his opinion.

You are basically being hypocritical here as you are saying that because you experienced something negative, there is nothing good.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I, unfortunately, did not share your favorable experience.

My opinion on the patch:

• OneNineTwoNine
    OneNineTwoNine Member Posts: 50

"Update ain't that bad" is an objective statement.

I also never said "Nothing is good" so that argument there is a strawman.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited February 2021

The ranking system is also broken for now. You're lucky if you don't experience it... I derank even when I pip now.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225048/pc-the-emblem-system-and-pips-are-broken

• JPA

Well you also strawman on the OP, he never said "nothing is wrong", he said "it's not that bad". Key word is THAT.

Straw everywhere in here I guess this topic is becoming a barn.

• JPA

I guess the reason I picked up on your post is you were kind of dismissing the OP, whilst insinuating his point was dismissing other peoples opinions.

Sure, the update has problems, but we can't dismiss the positive posts and just let the negative ones run wild.

• OneNineTwoNine
    OneNineTwoNine Member Posts: 50

"Straw everywhere in here I guess this topic is becoming a barn."

Okay that got a laugh out of me

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I don't think the UI is atrocious, it's functional it just needs some tweaks. For example it's harder for some killers to notice effects on survivors, stuff like stalking progress, infection progress, RBT's, stuff that directly works with the Survivor UI. The status effects bar such as being hooked, or mending need to be more visible, it's not so much a matter of necessity as it's more of being visually efficient.

The hook and point counters are whatever, they don't really need to be present although The Hook counter and Gen counter work as a psychological influencer. By having the Gen counter "hidden", it's not it's very visible just in another position, and having the Hook counter be more visible i think BHVR wants us to focus less on gens and more on hooks, this could be so we shut up about gen related balance issues and focus more on hooking survivors; this could mean there are changes within the matchmaking that work more related to how manny hooks the killer is getting and that affects killer MMR or it's actually both scenarios.

The Clown update is nice, it's not that he is or isn't the worst killer, some players have always been good with Clown and now they got new strats to use. The map updates are nice in the visual aspect, the gameplay aspect needs work, especially The Game, the map feels more closed off and confusing. There's a billion breakables, those walls really mess up pathing for killers when it's time to hook survivors.

The survivor movement animations still need work but we all knew that, they look quite robotic, mostly the turning part. I guess killers are taking advantage of this until things get smoother. Hitboxes and or desync issues are bad and need to be worked on asap.

I won't say it's a bad update, there's serious issues that need fixing and hitboxes/hit validation and desyncs are the priority, followed by map adjustments and the UI can be worked on later imo.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Playing killer ive whiffed more with a survivor right in front of me since the patch. Had a few hits go through the survivor tp hit the wall behind them.

Hit boxes not just messed up for survivors

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Make a macro to spam crouch rly fast and walk forward. It causes you to just do this creepy hover walk thing

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

And that's why I said the ✨update✨ is scuffed, I haven't had issues as killer but ik other people have and so I didn't say "survivor is scuffed" 🥰🥰

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I will mention that I have no opinion on DS, Undying and the other meta arguments. I'm quite easy to please in regards to the game, I just enjoy it.