Can the devs please change red highlights to blue / white? [Color blind feature request]

DeathScavenger
DeathScavenger Member Posts: 20
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've been asking for a very long time for color blind features to be implemented in a game that I have grown to love to apparently deaf ears (handicapped puns!), and it's a bit concerning...
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/5/1354868867730720328/
*This post goes into a better detail of what specifically I have difficulty seeing as a person with colorblindness, and an "easy solution" but I don't know anything about coding games, so I could be wrong... Just change the color from red to white (or that "blue" effect used on the hooks during the Chinese New Year / Summer BBQ event) on specific things that don't necessarily impact the game play. I'm not asking for the "red stain" to be changed, just my ability to see certain things while playing.

Having this color change applied to the "red" highlights would make a HUGE difference in my ability to play, especially as killer, especially on maps where I have difficulty seeing the red outline of most "killer tools". Thankfully most map hues are easy to discern (blue - macmillian, white - the red forest aka mother's dwelling, etc.) in contrast with the traps.

Just change some of the color so I can play without needless difficult because of my defective eyes... PLEASE!
I am willing to concede that scratch marks might need a bigger looking into; something like the active hex (perk) outlines, and Trapper traps should be addressed sooner rather than later PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR YEARS!!!!

Comments

• Now I don't know a lot about game development (literally nothing) but I am going to naively assume that all they would need to do is change some RGB values depending on what colourblind setting you choose.

The vast majority of games these days have accessibility features and so should DBD. You shouldn't be disadvantaged for how you were born. I doubt this is on their radar at all and if it is you still know it isn't happening soon.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

We have a whole thread in the wishlist for a month or more asking for this. I have even tweeted to the devs and team asking for something similar.

• Hodderfodder
    Hodderfodder Member Posts: 164

I've been asking in many QAs and feedback surveys to change hex totem/ trapper trap auras from red to yellow or white.

• SpiderTash
    SpiderTash Member Posts: 26

I do not remember what game it was, but there was a setting that could change it for color blind. That would be the best option for everyone, that way the game still has the colors intended how they want, but still works great for people who are color blind.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Just give us the ability to customize in game color gradients to our liking. I'm annoyed at everything being one color and i'm not color blind. Mistaking a pool of devotion for the exit gate is really damn it embarrassing. lol