Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Vacuum hooks need to be removed

So, I just had a match where I couldn't pull a pallet because a Nea was in it and it kept prompting me to heal her as opposed to pulling the pallet which I was then instant downed by a Leatherface chainsaw - this wouldn't be an issue if vacuum pallets were removed... which brings me to the actual topic of this discussion, why are vacuum hooks still in the game? How is it fair that you remove vacuum pallets and yet killers STILL have vacuum hooks. A wiggle bar can look full, but because of a vacuum animation for hooks, it doesn't matter. You're still put on the hook. Seriously, dbd devs, you need to fix this. It's absolutely ridiculous. You "fix" things that don't need to be fixed but then create more bugs and issues for others.

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I'm sorry, what are you talking about?
  • FixCampDotExe
    FixCampDotExe Member Posts: 10

You don't know The Lord Vakumhouk?

Seriously, people had benn crying about vacuum pallets for almost 2 years but this game is so well done that it exists vacuum hook, vacuum locker (yes I discovered this bug 3 weeks ago), vacuum generator, vacuum window and the already fixed vacuum pick up.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    edited October 2018

@kazzymoyashi said:
    So, I just had a match where I couldn't pull a pallet because a Nea was in it and it kept prompting me to heal her as opposed to pulling the pallet which I was then instant downed by a Leatherface chainsaw - this wouldn't be an issue if vacuum pallets were removed... which brings me to the actual topic of this discussion, why are vacuum hooks still in the game? How is it fair that you remove vacuum pallets and yet killers STILL have vacuum hooks. A wiggle bar can look full, but because of a vacuum animation for hooks, it doesn't matter. You're still put on the hook. Seriously, dbd devs, you need to fix this. It's absolutely ridiculous. You "fix" things that don't need to be fixed but then create more bugs and issues for others.

I agree, just like survivors can unhook from all sides, killers should be able to hook from all sides so that we get rid of this stupid hook gliding and the collision problems

Insert gif od barbossa saying AGREED.
  • kazzymoyashi
    kazzymoyashi Member Posts: 127
    Wolf74 said:

"Hook vacuum" is made up.
    Survivor just want to gain something here.
    The only thing that is happening is the animation getting lined up to look good and be smooth.
    Survivor tell the urban legend of getting "sucked to the hook" from several meter away and their wiggle bar went to 100% while doing that and all kinda crap.
    But nothing of that is true. It is either a lag/latency issue or a lie. Period.
    If the killer gets into position for the hook prompt to appear, you are basically already hooked, no matter the delay in your wiggle bar. If the animation starts and you are at 99% it doesn't matter that you see the bar getting filled up while you are already in the hooking animation.

I disagree completely. I'm a killer main and so many times, I shouldn't have been able to hook someone because they should have wiggled off yet I was able to get into the animation. We can have the hooks be multidirectional to hook up a survivor but I also feel the killer should HAVE to be right in front of the hook, not 3 metres away for the prompt. It's ridiculous from both sides of the coin. 

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

There is no such thing as a "vacuum hook". /end thread

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

Its a hook glide, not a teleprot and it needs to removed

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DeadByFlashlight said:

It is an animation smoothed out... nothing more.
    Survivor just try to make a fuzz about it to get something.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

It still needs to be removed though. It is really weird when you glide vs a survivor and get stuck.

Killers should be able to hook from all sides

• kazzymoyashi
    Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

And yet I said I was a killer main. Do you even read comments all the way through? Let me guess, you're the same type of killer main who thinks that survivors have too much power and pallet looping is toxic, am I right?
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The hook vacuum poorly serves the purpose of multi-directional hooking. They could really do with adding it properly, like they did with unhooking.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

It still needs to be removed though. It is really weird when you glide vs a survivor and get stuck.

Killers should be able to hook from all sides

If they do that, survivors won´t be able to hook block anymore. Can´t have that. Devs explained that on a stream.

• DeadByFlashlight

@kazzymoyashi said:
    Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

And yet I said I was a killer main. Do you even read comments all the way through? Let me guess, you're the same type of killer main who thinks that survivors have too much power and pallet looping is toxic, am I right?

All killer mains agree with you. We need to get rid of this stupid hook slide/vacuum and get proper multi-directional hooking

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Wolf74 said:

"Hook vacuum" is made up.
    Survivor just want to gain something here.
    The only thing that is happening is the animation getting lined up to look good and be smooth.
    Survivor tell the urban legend of getting "sucked to the hook" from several meter away and their wiggle bar went to 100% while doing that and all kinda crap.
    But nothing of that is true. It is either a lag/latency issue or a lie. Period.
    If the killer gets into position for the hook prompt to appear, you are basically already hooked, no matter the delay in your wiggle bar. If the animation starts and you are at 99% it doesn't matter that you see the bar getting filled up while you are already in the hooking animation.

I disagree completely. I'm a killer main and so many times, I shouldn't have been able to hook someone because they should have wiggled off yet I was able to get into the animation. We can have the hooks be multidirectional to hook up a survivor but I also feel the killer should HAVE to be right in front of the hook, not 3 metres away for the prompt. It's ridiculous from both sides of the coin. 

"Killer main btw" LOL
  • Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    I agree, problem stems from hooking animation starting before killer reaches the hook thanks to the vacuum. I’ve hit decisive and wiggled plenty of times before killer physically began hooking but was negated because of the cha cha slide killer does that halts wiggle and decisive progress iregardless of wether you hit it or are at 99% wiggle. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Killmaster said:
    I agree, problem stems from hooking animation starting before killer reaches the hook thanks to the vacuum. I’ve hit decisive and wiggled plenty of times before killer physically began hooking but was negated because of the cha cha slide killer does that halts wiggle and decisive progress iregardless of wether you hit it or are at 99% wiggle. 

That is not true.Please stop making things up.
    If you have lag or latency issues, maybe.
    But anything else is just visual thing, the killer got the hook prompt and the hooking already begun and any delay in your wiggle bar still building up that's not about the "hook vacuum", the bar shoul djust vanish faster.
    Also DS should not even appear after the animation already start.
    But "hook vacuum" does not exist.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Because a killer can totally tell the difference between a Survivor having wiggled to 99% and 100%.

• kazzymoyashi
    PigNRun said:
    Because a killer can totally tell the difference between a Survivor having wiggled to 99% and 100%.

You're right, I technically can't, but I know roughly how long it takes for a survivor to wiggle off. Plus you can tell by the number of groans a survivor does before they wiggle off. If you've hit about 10-12 groans they will wiggle off, but the sliding animation to get the killer in place is a vacuum that prevents so much. But we get sarcastic people like you and others on here who create this toxic community. Do you feel empowered by your anonymity to be mean for no God damn reason?
  • kazzymoyashi
    Wolf74 said:

@Killmaster said:

That is not true.Please stop making things up.
    If you have lag or latency issues, maybe.
    But anything else is just visual thing, the killer got the hook prompt and the hooking already begun and any delay in your wiggle bar still building up that's not about the "hook vacuum", the bar shoul djust vanish faster.
    Also DS should not even appear after the animation already start.
    But "hook vacuum" does not exist.

Then we need dedicated servers if you so claim that the vacuum hook is due to lag or latency issues. The current set up is garbage for playing as lag shouldn't be that big of an issue. They make more than enough money from the cosmetics to be able to afford dedicated servers. If 14,000 people are streaming this bug of a game on twitch and buy 5-10 cosmetics at $10 a piece, the developers can surely afford dedicated servers.