The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gen regression and Kicking Gens

One thing I feel like that need to relooked or rebalanced is Gen regression. Currently a regressing Generator loses 0.25 charges per second, while a standard solo survivor creates 1. So it takes 4 times longer to regress the process of a single survivor. Additional to that kicking gens takes time and a regression can be stopped by one simple click of a survivor makes the act of regressing very unattractive.
This gives you only a few reasons to kick a gen. Having Pop goes the Weasel, Overcharge, or you are quite certain that no survivor won't be able to touch it, which makes regressing worth it.

I think what's the most frustrating scenario is, if the gen is part of a loop, and that survivor even uses it immediatly when you reach it. Why? Well if a survivor loops you close to a hook, then he is most likely killing the hooked one by making unhooking completely unsafe for a while potentially brining him to the next hook stage. But in such a scenario you can't kick the gen as a killer to punish him looping there with the regression, because they can stop it with one single click during a loop with zero downsides.
And I still don't understand how it was said during one of the latest streams that it's more fun that way? Really limiting the options to use a basic game mechanic is fun? If kicking a gen itself would already make a mini Pop goes the weasel regression than it might be more fun. But that. I don't understand.

Comments

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

As a survivor, I usually negate the kick in gen using a click but I think that's way too OP... survivors should repair kicked gen for at least some seconds (let's say 5) to remove the regressing stat on Gen

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

Yes, this needs to be reversed. It should take a single Survivor 4 times as long to recover the generator as it does for the Killer to regress it.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    My problem with this is that you can't stop survivors from pressuring a generator you can't do anything to stop it because they will just go do another gen if you sit right next to it. I think they could just add a 5% regression every time you kick a gen. I would be happy with that. When you kick it/hit it, it looks like it would damage it at least some.
  • DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

So what about a new perk that would allow the killer to slow repair speed x amount per kick. lets say like 3/5/7 first one slows it by 3% second by 5% and third by 7% this way the looping survivor will have to spend that much extra time to repair and it makes it a little more rewarding for the killer.

• UncannyLuck
    UncannyLuck Member Posts: 210
    Orion said:

Yes, this needs to be reversed. It should take a single Survivor 4 times as long to recover the generator as it does for the Killer to regress it.

What about changing it to be twice as long to revert as starting the regression takes normally, and buffing regression to 0.33 from 0.25?