The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Let's talk about the Vault Hit ...

As survivor or killer i was surprised by something.... When a survivor vault, the hit-box of the killer is over broken... i mean, even if the survivor vaulted, if i attack, i'll hit him ( so he bleed or he's dawn ) but my weapon animation don't touch him ( don't know if i explain good or not x_x" sorry english isn't my mother language ) it very recently i see that, i don't know if the developper wanted this or it's just a bug ? What you pepole survivors and killers are thinking about it ?

Comments

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

From my knowledge there are two types of survivor vaults that have different speeds. A slower vault will give more time for the killers weapon hitbox to collide with the survivors body hitbox. The way the hitboxes function is what most likely lends to these moments of "how did that hit him?" and "how did that not hit him?". Whether or not the way hotboxes interact with each other is intentional, I can't say for certain, but this game has been out since 2016.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Melodia said:
    As survivor or killer i was surprised by something.... When a survivor vault, the hit-box of the killer is over broken... i mean, even if the survivor vaulted, if i attack, i'll hit him ( so he bleed or he's dawn ) but my weapon animation don't touch him ( don't know if i explain good or not x_x" sorry english isn't my mother language ) it very recently i see that, i don't know if the developper wanted this or it's just a bug ? What you pepole survivors and killers are thinking about it ?

It is intentional that you can hit after the vault animation has finished. This is due to the fact that its a design choice that killers can hit through the window and hit a survivor standing on the other side, close to the window.

The weapon animation doesnt need to touch him, this is not how hits are registered, its just some optical thing basically