The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pyramid Head Still Needs a Buff

Recently, I’ve found that survivors are just getting better and better at countering him. Because of this, how terrible POTD still is, and how easy trails are to avoid or crawl through, you just wind up as an M1 killer with no power in most matches.

Comments

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149

I like piramid head but personally I have to try harder with him to win a game than I would have to do with freddy or spirit for example.

I honestly think piramid head needs a buff.

Because at the moment you launch the skill the players know that they have to change direction and they can evade it very easily. I would give a buff on that skill whether there is not so much space between the sound and the moment the skill is launched or that the ability can be cast faster.

Maybe and I still need to learn to play it better, but as I told you with Freddy and the spirit, I don't need to work as hard as with piramid head for it to work for me. I mostly use his ability to make people zigzag during chase.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

If Freddy and Spirit are what you consider the bar for "This is how much a Killer should have to try with in order to win games"... Have you considered that Killers should have to try in order to win games against balanced teams, and Freddy/Spirit are the problems because they're exceptions to that rule?

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited February 2021

Man Freddy and Spirit are sooo easy to play (Spirit with two or three games you got the habit of hearing and evaluating distance), it's not a good pick for a comparison... x)

While playing PH, you have to be aware of where pallets and windows are, and to aim more or less well.

I'm often in situations with him where I had so many good and fast chases that I can go for crazy predictions later in the game without loosing pressure if I miss my power attack.

And negating DS, and a looot of other meta surv perks makes him more powerful than just an anti-loop killer. I'm main Nurse because I hate to be looped, and the second killer I play almost as often as Nurse is PH, you can do incredible plays with him, without sweating too much.

And, to be honest, I prefer PH because he's far easier than Nurse, I pick him when I want chill game.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

He needs at least one nerf: no more explosion notifications for uncages. No buffs needed.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Caging is already situational, this change would make them counter productive.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Caging is supposed to simply be a quicker alternative to hooking a survivor, while avoiding all hook-related perks. Why should it be a free pass to tunnel?

• edgardot02
    edited February 2021

I think Piramid Head only needs a slighty buff when casting his ability because red rank survivors can evade or predict you very easily by hearing the sound you make just before the ability reach to them. Other than that it's perfectly fine A Tier Killer.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

yeahhhh no he is fine

• DoomedMind

I disagree, in red ranks you can use his power and succeed in situations other that windows and pallets, as I said I love to go for prediction, his slightly buff made missing his power less punitive than before. Now you can pretty spam it without losing a lot of distance/time.

But I think that at least the brown (or maybe the yellow) range add-on to be basekit would be nice, or maybe I'm addicted to double range add-on.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

If playing Pyramid Head is harder than playing two killers in need of a nerf, that's a good thing. It also doesn't mean he needs a buff.

• edgardot02

I Mainly use S tier killers.

The survivors have nothing to complain when they can communicate by voice and make everything much more difficult for the killer. I am not against playing with friends, I am against communication, which is practically cheating. Until this stop's I'am free to play however I want and I'm gonna use the best avilable at hand. So freddy, nurse, spirit are perfectly fine for those swf.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

he definitely doesn't.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Please just change the 'Crimson Ceremony Book' addon

It is the most worthless purple addon I've ever seen.

Disfigured Ear, Butcher's hand and Stab wound study are more useful.

• Killers should have to try hard against top tier teams yes, shame that logic never applies to survivors. Against low tier killers like trapper, wraith, legion etc bad map design and perks can carry them to victory with no skill required.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Huh I havent heard of anyone saying he needs a buff.

I get the desire to have a killer you like a lot be stronger (I like pyramid head a lot as well). But he objectively has the most diverse basekit (and you could make a good argument he is the strongest killer without addons even).

-Has traps (trails) and only freddy, Trapper, and hag actually have (and you could also say Plague and Victor if you really wanted)

-has a range attack (deathslinger, clown, and huntress) and his is the only one that you can do through walls and such. Also the only one that can hurt multiple at once. And is not reliant on his range if you don't want to.

-can be played stealth effectively as well as aggressive (most killers aren't as flexible although some are). You can easily change how you play midgame where most you have to have the right build and commit to one.

-built in mori can counter a lot of bs like ds. Makes you also able to continue group chases decently well.

-cages allow you to counter various issues with hooks (sabotaged hooks, ds, survivors blocking path to hooks, etc)

- because of everything above he can play either very offensive or very defensive which is not super common for killers. Most can do only one or the other.

No he doesn't need a buff. If spirit gets nerfed id say pyramid head is the killer I would fear the most consistently (good nurses are rare honestly). Many people argue he should get nerfed but I honestly think he is fine as is and other killers should be brought to a level similar to him.

• DoomedMind

Totally agree with you.

But he's not the only killer to have a ranged power that can hit multiple survivors at once. Plague's projectile hit through survivors, you can body block her puke.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Oh yeah thats true. I forgot about that. She's one of the killers I'm less familiar with lol. Although her damaging one does require a couple prerequisites (infect a survivor, survivor cleanses themselves, and then you drink from the infected pool) while pyramid head doe sit over and over for free.

Good catch though

• DoomedMind

Same, I don't like Plague, too much restrictions I think, she's so Survivor dependent, kind of weird killer.

But hell yeah, PH is top tier in my mind, without being broken. I don't want him to be changed, maybe some of his add-on why not, but it's not necessary (I'd rather prefer a Myers/Huntress add-on rework.....).

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Never said you weren't allowed to play them, more power to you for doing so. But not every killer has to be S tier, especially if you can't tell when survivors are in an SWF.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

His PoTD should either come out slightly faster, not project its range and location, or be slightly wider.

Other than that, he's golden.