The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

NOED change

I just saw that they’re adjusting NOED in 2.3.0 and got very excited! Then I saw all they’ve done is make it so the exposed status is now at all levels. So, I want to explain how I think NOED should work :) This would be the tier 3 version:
“You are animated by the pressure of losing your prey when the survivors are on the verge of escaping. Once the exit gates are powered, you gain a 5% movement speed increase. After 60 seconds, you gain a 10% increased cooldown on missed and successful attacks. After 120 seconds, all survivors gain the Exposed status effect, and the killer can Kill the survivors.

The power would slowly build up, the longer the survivors hang around. I think it also makes it more fair for both sides. Survivors won’t get insta downed out of nowhere because someone completed the last generator right as they were getting hit. It gives survivors a chance to get out NOW, or suffer the consequences. It’s also more fair for the killer, as it won’t be a hex, meaning it will always proc in the end game, and can’t be destroyed. Fair for both sides, right?

Comments

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Nah, NOED is fine. It's easily countered, people just need to learn that there are not only gens in the map. The new change is good because NOED 1/2 was literally a joke.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    So NoED wouldnt trigger until 60 seconds after the gens are done and it only takes 20 seconds to open a gate.... K.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@CroesoG said:
    I just saw that they’re adjusting NOED in 2.3.0 and got very excited! Then I saw all they’ve done is make it so the exposed status is now at all levels. So, I want to explain how I think NOED should work :) This would be the tier 3 version:
    “You are animated by the pressure of losing your prey when the survivors are on the verge of escaping. Once the exit gates are powered, you gain a 5% movement speed increase. After 60 seconds, you gain a 10% increased cooldown on missed and successful attacks. After 120 seconds, all survivors gain the Exposed status effect, and the killer can Kill the survivors.

The power would slowly build up, the longer the survivors hang around. I think it also makes it more fair for both sides. Survivors won’t get insta downed out of nowhere because someone completed the last generator right as they were getting hit. It gives survivors a chance to get out NOW, or suffer the consequences. It’s also more fair for the killer, as it won’t be a hex, meaning it will always proc in the end game, and can’t be destroyed. Fair for both sides, right?

Might aswell remove it from the game in that case

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Just break the totem. NOED has a very simple counter.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

for this to even come close to working you would need noed to be a perk again. otherwise noed is complete garbage because people would just leave as soon as you have that movement speed. not a bad idea if this became an actual mechanic so survivors dont stick around for too long

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@CroesoG said:

The power would slowly build up, the longer the survivors hang around. I think it also makes it more fair for both sides. Survivors won’t get insta downed out of nowhere because someone completed the last generator right as they were getting hit. It gives survivors a chance to get out NOW, or suffer the consequences. It’s also more fair for the killer, as it won’t be a hex, meaning it will always proc in the end game, and can’t be destroyed. Fair for both sides,

Just no, you need the one hit down ASAP!
    Most often you do not gain more than ONE hit to down a survivor before the Hex gets broken.
    This has to be at full strength right when the gates triggered, the game is basically over already, any further delay to power this perk up would make it basically useless, since you already run the risk of the hex being broken without ever getting any advantage from it.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Wait, why? So many games would end before NOED would even get used. The endgame isn't slow enough to warrant a wind-up mechanic like this.