African American, Euro, Korean, Chinese, Japanese - Why is there no Survivor from India?

2»

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

We need also Muslim survivors too. There is only one ( I am not sure about her ). Why always asian or american characters coming? Why not Arabian, Turk or Persian?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

They won’t add Muslim survivors or any other survivors with confirmed religious belief though..

Arabian, Turk or Persian are all possible, we have Zarina who lives in America but here parents are from Lebanon.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Zarina is only one from West Asia. We need more west asian characters. Different colors and races are always fine.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

"But there is already a lot of diversity"

Yes, but Indians are over 1.3 billion people, not far behind China, ~ 17% of humanity. And there is none.

I'm not asking for a perfect demographic, cultural, etc representation in DBD, but it's amazing that we don't have any Indian survivors yet. Even though I do not know almost anything about India, and have no particular affection for this country, it is a survivor that I am waiting for.

But I trust. They will do it sooner or later.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

We don’t need

but it would definitely be cool, I agree.

there is still ethnicities/nationalities that don’t have any kind of representation though. And the devs can create whatever characters they want to. I am certain there will be more chars from Middle East/West Asia in the future, they are not explicitly excluded after all.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

An Indian could definitely have some potential for a chapter like bakasura as a killer. Apologies if I'm ignorant on the correlation between country and beliefs.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I'm still waiting on a Native American survivor or even killer. I think they could have a really great and deep character. We will all get a character we want eventually!

• mrpieseller
    mrpieseller Member Posts: 134
  • TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

Claudette, the Canadian. Fueled by timbits and sweet sweet maple nectar; Claudette silently builds trenches to run power from the generators you suckers fix.

Once enough powerlines are ran, she silently returns to the entrance of her igloo (jokes on you for thinking she's hiding in a bush). Like a Canadian winter, Mademoiselle Claudette is there for the long haul. After chilling her Canadian Clamato in her newly powered igloo (sorry eh), she pours herself a red-eye, and turns on her TV for some curling. Fueled by the surge, Claudette silently leaves her igloo and helps her team... in the most Canadian possible... she holds the door open for the lucky remaining survivors.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I would like to see a Mexican killer or survivor like come on behaviour we're your neighbors down south. But that won't happen. And indian survivor or killer sounds great though! That would be nice.

• shitman
    shitman Member Posts: 203

I would like the Russian character. Except for the killer no Russian character. Would very much like the Russian character, but it's not the stereotypical man with a beard, vodka and balalaika.

• xcross
    xcross Member Posts: 10

Jane is not Latin American I clearly remember them stating she was of Italian decent

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

I gave up and checked the wiki.

You're thinking of Ace Visconti, but thank you- that's someone I forgot to put in the list!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited March 2021

That's Ace, who is of Italian descent, but was born in Argentina. Jane is from Latin America (no specific country is mentioned, as far as I know).

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195

go to honry jail

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

It'll take time. When they design a chapter, they have to have a theme in mind. Descend beyond was a gothic horror; Blight was a discount Frankenstein/Dr. Jekyll, while Felix was the brilliant architect. Gothic horror has long had an association with Germany, as with architecture.

A Binding of Kin was almost lovecraftian. Ancient ritualistic death cults for the Twins, and Elodie's entire story line is "Hi I have this glowing rock that takes you to the 5th dimension." The medieval cults of the Twins' storyline fits in well with medieval France. The expansive French colonies work well with Elodie's exotic travels.

Cursed legacy has the punchy futuristic racer Yui contrasted with the traditional warrior Oni. Japan is a very traditional country, but at the same time was one of the quickest to modernize.

India is such an expansive and vaguely-bordered country that it's hard to find a particular niche that would fit well into this system. You have Indo-Aryan culture you have Dravidian culture you have Buddhist culture you have Hindu culture you have Sikh culture you have Muslim culture you have North Indian culture you have southern Indian culture etc. There are very few cultural identifiers of India that give it a recognizable niche. Sure, you could add in some voluptuous Chloe Frazer replica, but that's certain to get pushback for doing what Disney did to Pocahontas.

• Woot1234
    Woot1234 Member Posts: 139

Lol nationality of "Latin American" is so bad. There's like 20+ LATAM countries this isn't a nationality.

Compared to Ace who is "Argentinian of Italian descent".

Tapp is African American which is more ethnicity with nationality embedded in it.

The wiki would do better justice to call this field descent or heritage since the level of detail varies by survivor.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

Jane refers to herself as both Latina and American in her lore. So we can assume she was born/lives in America and is of Hispanic decent.

• Woot1234
    Woot1234 Member Posts: 139

Did not know that. Good call out. Then technically that term is fine but I don't hear people colloquially describing themselves this way. You hear Latina like you mentioned.