We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Casual Gamer

Options
cubiksrube54
cubiksrube54 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Fulltime job, father of 3, side business. As a casual gamer, I see some definite issues keeping me from playing more often. This was my main game with Rainbow 6 for about five months. In that time, I loved this game, but things have changed and rarely play it anymore.

1) Disconnects is huge. Ruins the entire game. I understand you cant stop it, but maybe cooling someone down if they disconnect too often is an idea. I apologize if this is already implemented. I wouldnt know because I dont D/C. With minimal time to play the game, I play once, one or two ppl disconnect and the game is ruined, turned off for good as I dont have time to waste on that kind of thing. Far too often it happens in my opinion.

2) Killer disconnecting causes survivors to lose a pip and their offering. This is not good at all. As someone who loves the game but cant play as often, I have definitely went to use a very rare offering or more, and had a killer disconnect, just to lose it. This is broken as far as im concerned; it should not punish the survivors who did not disconnect.

3) Survivors ranking up takes more time now, which leads me to not want to play it because I'll never get the achievement for getting to level 10, and is just rinse and repeat with all the disconnects. Got to rank 11 pretty much every month, and could never play enough to get it, but was ok with the idea that id have to get lucky and get even better. Now it's way out of my reach. I play killer more now, which may have been the intent, but something seems off. Make the seasons longer?

4) Matchmaking is still off. Maybe not enough people play at night when I can play, so this one could be ok.

I'm not trying to bash the game, just trying to offer suggestions to help a game i love restore its place in my play time. If any of the info above is outdated, please post so I can change it. Thanks.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

1) DC happen because this is a "competitive" game but its balance is broken AF at the same time. There is no incentive to rank up, so why bother if you lose a rank. Also ranking up is so easily that it doesnt really matter, even if you wanna rank up (compare it with other competitive games e.g., I would never ragequit in a ranked game of rrainbow six for example because I dont wanna lose elo)

2) That is not true, killer DCs give the survivor a blackpip even if it is not shown (known bug for ages now)
    Btw if the survivors DC the killer loses addons and offerings while he gets 2500 BP only, after a killer DC the survivors get 5000 BP and keep their items+addons

3) Yes you wont double pip every game anymore, but ranking up has always been time intensive. As a casual player it should not be your goal to reach the top ranks though. Trust me, killer might seem easy to pip at rank 20, but it will be way harder when you actually play against survivors who dont play like headles chicken

4) Well, I feel like a lot of EU players currently left the game and have been substituted with a lot of asian/russian guys. I dont know in what region/time you play, but that is definitely a important factor

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Master said:
    1) DC happen because this is a "competitive" game but its balance is broken AF at the same time. There is no incentive to rank up, so why bother if you lose a rank. Also ranking up is so easily that it doesnt really matter, even if you wanna rank up (compare it with other competitive games e.g., I would never ragequit in a ranked game of rrainbow six for example because I dont wanna lose elo)

2) That is not true, killer DCs give the survivor a blackpip even if it is not shown (known bug for ages now)
    Btw if the survivors DC the killer loses addons and offerings while he gets 2500 BP only, after a killer DC the survivors get 5000 BP and keep their items+addons

3) Yes you wont double pip every game anymore, but ranking up has always been time intensive. As a casual player it should not be your goal to reach the top ranks though. Trust me, killer might seem easy to pip at rank 20, but it will be way harder when you actually play against survivors who dont play like headles chicken

4) Well, I feel like a lot of EU players currently left the game and have been substituted with a lot of asian/russian guys. I dont know in what region/time you play, but that is definitely a important factor

You didn’t mention the fact that any mad killer can completely circumvent the reward for survivors, and make em lose everything by pulling the cord, or much more easily in consoles, just hitting close application.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options
    1. Quitter definitely requires a penalty for doing so.

2. Killer disconnecting only makes you lose pip in the endgame logs. When you come back, you get your pip back. It's a display bug that exists for a while now.

3. It takes more time indeed. I don't quite see the issue with that tho. Reducing the rank reset rate would be definitely nice. They actually made the ranking easier for survivors on the PTB.

4. Quite a few players are on the PTB atm. (Public Test Beta) testing the new killer. It will get better in a few days with the DLC release.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@Runiver

1. Killer disconnecting only makes you lose pip in the endgame logs. When you come back, you get your pip back. It's a display bug that exists for a while now.

Not true. It depends on how the killer does it: whether hitting Leave Match or Alt+F4ing.

The pip is absolutely lost if they choose the latter, and I confirmed this with a four stack.