Lower the safety of the groaning storehouse window

You fixed this last year, I have no idea why you decided to revert the changes

This video explains the issue pretty well. The window is far too strong for how simple it is to use. Survivors can run this again and again and again all trial. It just encourages killers to camp since there's no point chasing.

Secondly, the small window in there also acts as an infinite (a genuine infinite) against deathslinger and huntress because chase keeps breaking so the window never blocks, and you never see the survivor for long enough to get a shot.

Do you remember patch 3.7.0?

The game is going back to the 2016-2019 days where the maps just have awful loops. They were so much better last year. Groaning storehouse is probably the worst window in the game at the moment but other maps have bad windows too. We need a strong loop fix and review of all maps before any new maps are created, these loops are boring, take no skill and very unfun to play against.

Comments

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    edited March 2021

Oh please

Most killers dont have anything in their to shorten the loop. GF chasing here all depends on how far ahead the survivor is when they reach the window.

The loop takes no skill and is incredibly boring to play against. I’m guessing you’re one of the nerf freddy/nerf spirit people?

These kind of loops are too strong and can waste too much time for how simple they are to use and how many times they can be used. If the swf is on gens at the same time it’s GG. They removed this window before (and others) because it was problematic so I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to bring it back.

I’m seriously concerned for the coldwind reworks because I can forsee abbatoir window, torment creek window, and cowshed windows all coming back in a big way.

Also you missed the part about this building having a genuine infinite against deathslinger/huntress. As in the survivor can drag out the game indefinitely. How on earth do you justify that?

• baddieclaudette
    baddieclaudette Member Posts: 21

Normally a good killer will just drop the chase and look for someone else, The only "problem" is that the survivor has distance on the killer, and are vaulting the window very early to maintain distance. Breakable walls literally give the killers other options when their in a chase. There are no infinites or extremely strong windows anymore.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

But as you can see, there's no breakable walls to shorten this loop. 🙄

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

You're the one playing dumb. Stalking them wouldn't make this loop shorter, and by the time Ghost Face catches up, they probably wouldn't be exposed anymore. Perks shouldn't be required to fix bad loop design either. It shouldn't take Bamboozle or PWYF x3 to catch someone at a loop.

• wuperbear
    wuperbear Member Posts: 33

I main survivor and i too agree this window is stupid. This map has more than enough resource else where (i've seen 5 pallets so close together in the center outside shack it's not even funny, and we didnt even use a single one til end game cause that main building window is more than enough)

• wuperbear
    wuperbear Member Posts: 33

Oh, not to forget about how often they spawn this tree so close to the main building (on this map) that only survivors can squeeze through, even huntress's hatchet has trouble flying through. It makes the loop even deadlier. When I play survivor and I see that tree around main, it's an instant gg for any killer.

7 jungle gyms with a shack and crazy random pallet rng possibilities in the center, plus it's a big map with ''killers have to drop chase and find someone else main building''? Idk but whoever is justifying this poorly tested rework map, meh

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Even if, that does not mean that the window isn't strong. That survivor could have been stalked yes, but if that survivor had good distance on the killer they would have made it there.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Yeah, that place is pretty lame to go against as killer. Pretty strong, and there is a second window that spawns in the same building, making it even stronger.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

It's called dropping a chase.

You didn't even try mind gaming the loop by using your power. Even chasing them in the opposite direction would have made them easier to catch.

You have no mobility. You were nor going to catch them here unless you used your power. You should have dropped chase.

The video is showing some true rank 20 plays.

• Dizzy1096

Umm I think you missed the point.

That's not my video, and those people aren't actually in an online match they made the video to show the problems with this loop.

You seem really biased if I'm honest. Mindgaming? are you kidding? telling people to drop chase is ridiculous considering this loop is slap bang in the middle of the map and can be used over and over and over again by all 4 survivors all trial long. Anytime they're near the center of the map they can default to this loop. Ghostface can't mindgame this lmao I'd love to see you try. As survivor you can stand back a bit, watch the window and the door if he goes the other way. You clearly never play killer.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277
    edited March 2021

If they aren't in an online match then my point is even easier to argue.

I'm a red rank killer by the way and have definitely been around longer than you have, so yes. I also main Ghostie so...

You logic also contradicts itself because a survivor that far ahead wouldn't even be able to see where in the window the killer is, especially if they go Undetectable. Also you missed the point of going the opposite way. It takes longer for the survivors to get to the vault and cuts down the area the killer has to cover to get to the door which saves time.

So you, in fact, clearly don't play killer, or you are severely inexperienced.

aka nice b8 sluzzy 2.0 (you're guaranteed to ignore at least one of my points)

• Dizzy1096

I guess everyone who said this loop was too strong, and the fact that the devs nerfed it before, thats all irrelevant right? clearly I misunderstood your 2000iq genius plays you do in the game.

Do you stream? i'd love to watch you and learn how to play killer like a pro.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

Knowing when to chase is part of killer gameplay. You aren't meant to chase anything that move. You have to consider if you can catch the survivor fast before chasing.