The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mouse not working

Starlight1
Starlight1 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

So I was playing as demogorgon, on multiple maps and everything was going fine. and then all of sudden my mouse had 0 sensitivity, i checked in other applications, and my mouse worked perfectly fine. But for some reason the sensitivity in dead by daylight was very low, and also rubber banded in a way. And yes I did check my sensitivity

Post edited by Mandy on
4 votes

Answered · Last Updated

This is to do with Steam Overlay and is affecting a variety of games, please switch off Steam Overlay if you are affected by this issue.

Comments

• atcay
    atcay Member Posts: 2

Had this exact issue today. (played survivor) First time it happened the mouse sensitivity for the camera was incredibly low and even got worse the next game, with some mild rubber banding-like action on the camera at times. I literally had to swipe my mouse across the entirety of my extra large mouse pad 5 or 6 times to turn around completely. Adjusting mouse sensitivity in game and dpi on the mouse had no effect on the sensitivity of the camera. However, in menus the mouse would work perfectly fine. So I quit the game and started it again (this time at 100% mouse sensitivity) and get into a game. This time the sensitivity was way too high. Again, no manner of adjustments affected the camera sensitivity. I was able to adjust to playing with the higher sensitivity, but the lower sensitivity was utterly unplayable. I have never had an issue with mouse/camera sensitivity in the game in the nearly 5 years I've been playing. All drivers and software should be up to date as far as I can tell.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600 Stock with NZXT AIO cooler

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard

2x8GB Corsair DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 OC

Corsair K60 RGB Pro SE Keyboard

Razer Naga Trinity Mouse

Schiit Hel DAC/Amp + Mic Preamp

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Johnagon_Infinity Member Posts: 178

This is a steam issue and not a DbD issue. The way to never experience this is to disable the Steam overlay in your steam settings. Check out this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236048/dpi-bug

• atcay
    atcay Member Posts: 2

I'm aware of steam overlay issues, however this does not explain why this only happens in Dead by Daylight. I have not experienced this in any other game.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2021

Same with me as Pig. My turning felt like I wasn't turning almost at all. I had to increase my DPI to almost 5000 to be able to play normally and even then, it felt a bit sluggish. (Edit: Misspelled a word)

This discussion has been closed.