Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I hate Rank 1 Tunnelers.

Demodoggie_isgoodboi
Demodoggie_isgoodboi Member Posts: 43
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

I swear to god if I get one more Rank 2 killer who is desperate enough to tunnel and hook camp just to get rank 1 and use a Killer like the Doctor one more time im going to break something.

And of course, its someone who is throwing a tantrum over gens 3 gens being done after 3 hooks, without playing Gen Pressure or Perks at ALL.

Comments

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

You have perks to help you. What is your perk build on any given day as survivor?

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

Like? Give me an example. Considering he was basically proxy camping the whole match?

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

Im not saying he should. Im saying its pathetic and annoying how easy killers can pip and have 0 skill.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

get good

• JimbusCrimbus

Gaslighting - the tactic of someone without an argument. Sit down.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

No, you do seem to care though. You wouldnt be mad at this post if you didnt care what survivors did. Clearly you do if you complain about survivor entiltment.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi

mhm typical lol your mad im not argument when you point is proven invalid.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

If u guys didn't tunnel gens but make all 7 gens 99% I'm pretty sure the killer won't tunnel you. And after he lose his target u can pop 5 gens in 10 seconds :D

• JimbusCrimbus

This is partly true. I personally don't care what survivors do or run, cause after nearly 6000 hours in this game, I rarely go against a team that 4 outs me. Or even 2 outs me, if I'm being honest.

However, you'd see a lot less killers inclined to tunnel or camp if the survivor meta wasn't literally full of second chances given to them for free, or even as a reward for failure.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

I'm just saying if you play with this kinda mentality you have legitimately no right to complain about anything, ever. It's not the killer's job to grant a good time, it's their job to kill; it's not a survivor's job to grant a good time, it's their job to survive.

That's how you can justify all the bullshit things in this game that stop it being legitimately balanced, like Ruin/Undying/Stridor Sprit with MDR+Yakuyoke, or a 4man DS/UB squad with toolboxes and a couple of OOO for good measure.

Because no matter what side you play, dbd is still a game, and games are supposed to be fun. If you're going out of your way to ruin someone's fun, no matter which rank or side you play, you're just a pretty bad person

• pixelfixed
    pixelfixed Member Posts: 40

@JimbusCrimbus is correct on every point.

pay attention to him, forum; as i know most are you are super new (less than, say, 3000 hours).

the reason you are upset is that you don't yet have the tools to combat what you don't like, but you will. you need more practice with that situation. be appreciative of every killer that camps in your trial for practice, not cry about it.

'oH, wHaT aM i SuPpOsSeD tO pRaCtIcE, rUnNiNg?!' no, identifying the situation and adapting; whether it's you being tunneled/camped or a teammate. i could write out what to do, but that robs your fun in the experimentation.

to say camping takes no skill shows how little you've played killer. camping is actually a fine art. you can't just do it whenever you want. i mean you could, but all four will escape. every time. try it. it too, takes experience to work correctly and into a win. why are you trying to rob the killer of their skill based fun, bro?

study youtube personalities more carefully, as most of the videos they upload are the trials where survivors ate paint chips as children. it's very misleading. it's the reason most of them are now worried about future content with MMR on. (side note: truetalent has really won me over this month with his candidness.)

i think the REAL issue that needs to be discussed is that you're worried about a pip. that's first month stuff. everyone's fighting for their bragging rights rank one, while experienced players roll their eyes at it. it's like saying, 'look i'm good, i'm wearing a green t-shirt.' no one cares and in my opinion it actually makes you worse. it means you're doing things in a trial you shouldn't be (as survivor). god, i can't WAIT until they get rid of that garbage and i don't have to hear, 'look bro, i've played a whole three days this month. i'm good.' ahhhhh, no.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited March 2021

Cool, glad you don't care, there's enough hypocrisy around without needing any more

But the "you" I was referring to wasn't you, singularly, but the community as a whole

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

You clearly don't play killer. if they are camping then they won't pip since the emblem system will punish them for doing so.

• GoodBoyKaru

Can I just ask,

"pay attention to him, forum; as i know most are you are super new (less than, say, 3000 hours)."

Say someone's played since end of 2017 and has been rank 1 for years straight but due to personal life doesn't have 3k+ hours yet. Would you still classify them as new?

How about someone who's been playing in 2016 but stopped in 2019 with 2.8k hours? Would you say they're new, too?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Unlike a killer's investment in a survivor's sacrificial progress, generators can be regressed so it makes sense that survivors will, according to you, "tunnel" a generator. obviously this mechanic helps The Killer, because he can periodically go back to a generator that has a lot of progress investment.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I mean if a killer see's an injured survivor off hook, what do you think they should do? Let them be so they can go attend their tea party, or actually go after them because that's literally a free down? There's not a rulebook to tell anyone how to play. Yes it can be frustrating, but you have to basically move on from it and accept it.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

As a person with the same mentality I feel like you don't see the difference between complaining about balance in the game and complaining about people using unbalanced stuff.

There are people responsible for the game being fun, and these are the devs. They should make the game balanced, fun for everyone, easy to learn, etc etc. It is their job and they get paid for that. Players are not. And complaints about gaming experience and balance are addressed to them, at least should be. As for players, you want to play Stridor Spirit? This is fine. Iri head Huntress? Go on. SWF with 4 insta-heals? Why not. No one has right to blame you for that. These are things in the game. However, that doesn't mean that these things should be in the game, or that people using this stuff should be allowed to roflstomp people who don't use that. And that's on devs. Not on players.

• GoodBoyKaru

and i completely agree, which was my point in asking that question in the first place because the logic of "everyone under 3k+ hours is new and shouldn't be taken seriously" is flawed on so many levels.