Trickster is so bad!

13»

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

No one? Almost 5 pages of almost unanimous agreement saying he is bad same thing on ptb

• Florin
    Florin Member Posts: 65

Thanks to this killer I got in rank 4, while I used to have rank1 everyday excluding the rank reset day. After 10 hours of playing him and even getting him to prestige 3 (I saved like 80 archive challanges and 1m bp) all I got is a headache and 2 won game of like 35 games. I tried to use his m2 even if I could easily m1. I would say he is a c tier or d tier. I never lost so much with a killer so my tier for him is D. Also it’s hard to get a decent amount of bloodpoints with him. The killer looks so good and they really did a great job with his voice lines etc., but I feel like you should play Huntress which is free or even Plague. I regret wasting so much time with him and even buying him.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021

Maybe BHVR released a ######### killer as compensation for finally taking survivor's most abused perk away?

I can't tell if your being sarcastic. When Freddy first came out he was the weakest killer in the game and the devs nerfed him anyway. It wasn't until his rework 2-3 years later did he become good.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Except there's no trick to the Trickster. No realization that dead eye aim with the Deathslinger can cause someone to lose a health state by shooting them through holes in obstacles and boarded up shack windows.

Trickster throws knives slowly while moving slower while taking a long time to get results from them and loses progress even while still chasing you.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

Not only the killer is EXTREMELY bad, as in "he doesn't have a SINGLE good thing about him compared to any other killer", but BHV is going in a rampage banning people left and right and deleting thread (not just closing but making them vanish) on the steam forum talking about it.

Right now there isn't a single thread on the topic up there, which is hilarious.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

After playing for several hours yesterday, both as and against him he's just... so weak it's sad. I can't believe the devs didn't give him large buffs before release after the PTB.

I love the voice lines and filling someone with knives but I don't know how long that novelty will last. There's a salvageable and pretty fun killer here imo but he needs a lot of buffs.

When I play against him I am never scared of him. Playing as him it just takes way too long to down people AND you have to hard commit to chases because of laceration decay. The recoil existing is pretty questionable. He's soooo slow for how many knives you have to hit. Main event feels actually detrimental to use a lot of times and it doesn't punish grouping up as hard as you would think it should.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450

He's soooo slow for how many knives you have to hit.

That's probably because otherwise you could run up to Survivors and just throw knives at them from close range very easily.

Of course you could also just hit them with your weapon, which would be faster than throwing knives in this situation.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
  • _HN_

So... basically what the Plague can do... while having a faster walk speed, and not giving a speed boost to the survivor when they get wounded by her spew?

Does that comparison help to highlight how utterly pathetic his skill is now?

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,450

So... basically what the Plague can do... while having a faster walk speed, and not giving a speed boost to the survivor when they get wounded by her spew?

Plague also gives them a green "vomit cloud" that helps you see Survivors hiding in dark corners and vomit sounds which bypass/ignore Iron Will.

I think the developers are trying to speedrun the "Create a Killer that is literally never played%" category.

• TheBoneless
    TheBoneless Member Posts: 2

The trickster Is the worst killer ever. He Is slow and his power is not like the hatchet or the slinger rifle. The aim sucks and moves up by itself, very annoying. Carvers can be avoided in many ways, and in many situations it is a slower m1 killer than normal. You have to have ######### in your skull to release such crap.

• _HN_

I think not enough people point how needlessly bad the spread and kickback on thos throws are, and it's 100% intentional since it's the "tips" you get while loading against it make sure to hammer that fact home and tell you that you can easily dodge his shots, and let me tell you, it's really, REALLY easy to dodge them by zigzaging if you are a couple of meters away from him.

It's just insane.

• Shadow_Da_Bagel
    Shadow_Da_Bagel Member Posts: 64

I've said before that people are probably putting him down more than they should because no one has really learned him yet, but he is still easily the worst killer in DBD.

• Shadow_Da_Bagel

Yeah and even then his main event is more of a hindrance. It takes a while to wind up, it automatically throws blades, you can't hold it like a normal ultimate, it prevents basic actions, it stuns you for a bit afterwards, and you can't even finish the job once it's over because of the cooldown on blade throwing. Also, when you press end main event, the animation of throwing blades keeps going even though you're not actually throwing them which adds to the stun and cooldown afterwards. I'm pretty sure this isn't intented and is just a bug but it still hurts him even more.

• Shadow_Da_Bagel

True. I bought him because I still have a ton of fun just throwing blades at survivors and also because starstruck is so satisfying. But if I'm feeling the slightest bit competitive, the experience just turns sour.

• hardtimefun
    hardtimefun Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021

dude as long @Almo will be the balance team leader, we won't get good #########

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Who made the Twins and The Trickster? Because I know McLean made the blight and designed his power so who created These last 2 killers

• I wish we knew. Could tell which killers are a one-off and which have a pattern behind them.

I wonder who designed Spirit and Pyramid head, they were on the ball.

• En1gma95
    En1gma95 Member Posts: 1

He needs some changes, yeah. What I propose is keep his movement speed when throwing, but make him a 115%. Make it so it takes less knives to damage someone, but give him drastically less knives, and make it so you can activate his power right off the bat, but after that you have to recharge it as normal. Or maybe my idea is horrible idk. But as it stands rn he's way better played as just an M1 killer who gets looped harder than legion without Bloodlust.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

I’ve watched a lot of PTB Oni, I don’t recall anyone saying he was weak