We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Maps Revamp

Options

There are a ton of maps that are absolutely in favor of the survivors and they need a huge fix-up because of their gross amounts of safe pallets. And I am saying this as a dude that plays 50:50 killer to survivor (both at rank 1 or red ranks).

1) Thompson House/farm maps = auto-loss for killer at high ranks (too many safe pallets/loop-able grain silo and other buildings)
2) Swamp maps = auto-loss for killer at high ranks (hard to spot survivors/tons of safe pallets/loop-able buildings)
3) Haddonfield = auto-loss for killer at high ranks (house loops with no mind-game)
3) Maps that have buildings that can be looped = auto-loss for killers at high ranks

If they want to have variety of killers at high ranks instead of just nurse and hillbilly/huntress with OP add-ons then they need to address this. There is no way that this is possibly something that is an oversight because you got to have the stats kicking around (and no one cares about rank 20 balance, if it is too hard for them they need to learn to get better and learn from rank 1s, it shouldn't be the other way around.. they don't balance starcraft 2 around bronze league.. why does DBD?).

The pallet vacuum fix and DS are a good start, but the maps need to be revamped hardcore too because there are still way too many pallets on certain maps.

And please stop making maps that have loop-able buildings or fix the killer's vaulting speed to be even to a survivor. There should be no safe spaces in DBD and buildings are just that. I can run a killer for 5+ gens easily in certain map layouts and that is without hardcore looping and I am a pretty mediocre survivor. There is no way that should happen and I actually feel kind of bad for the killer when that happens. Especially when it is rank reset.

Thanks for reading and please adjust the pallets on those maps or close the windows. If they need assistance on where are some spots that are really huge time wasters then let me know and I can show them through discord.

Comments

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Options

Going to add the massive time wasters here:

1) Thompson house fences are safe, there are four of them and you can waste a ton of time there. There are the hay bails that are also safe and you can waste a ton of time there. And there are four jungle gyms with pallets there that you can waste a ton of time there.

2) Farm map variants always have a ton of jungle gyms/safe pallets/loop-able buildings.

3) The school map has the school which can be looped for 3+ gens easily.

4) Asylum map has the asylum which can be looped for 3+ gens easily.

5) "The Game" map has way too many pallets and is only killer favored when you're memeing with the doctor.

6) Swamp maps still have too many cat tails and safe pallet sections which they can easily loop and then go towards the boat or the middle area which can be looped hardcore.

7) Groaning storehouse.. loopable pallet sections with killer shack nearby which causes an even more gross loop. The entire mid section... why...

8) Haddonfield has a house that has two stair sections that can be looped easily and then you can drop through a window and the killer will take an eternity to catch you. Can easily be looped and little/no mind-game there.

9) Red forest middle building area... again.. why... lol...

10) Ironworks of misery.. the entire factory middle area is a huge time waster.. no mind-game at all.

If I remember anymore I'll add to this list, but these areas require no thought at all and are abused constantly in the purple/red ranks.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I agree, the map balance is absolutely horrific. With the introduction of the perk bamboozle it should shutdown the window loops that waste alot of time aka the old infinities but that will be just a band aid fix because its not a global solution and does not address the fact that the maps are designed so poorly and any map that does not have a loopable building or some sort of unbalanced structure to waste a ton of time on is a pallet city. Looking at you Shelter Woods. Over the coming months they really need to overhaul the maps. Safe pallets should not be a thing at all. Everything should have mind game potential and not be a horrible time sink.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options

Lery's is just window loop heaven....

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000