We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Thoughts on camping and tunneling? (tl;dr at end of post bc it's a lot to read)

13»

Comments

• Oreo7
    Oreo7 Member Posts: 56

Nobody called you out on anything? I think you're the one that needs help with reading comprehension. People have stated over and over their claims and you've only made it sound as though you're looking down your nose at them. In fact, @Hecktic3000 even said in his last comment that you've come off as hostile this whole time.

"Responded civilly" my foot. You've called people prejudiced, desperate, and entitled, all while acting the same way you tell people not to. Do you understand yet?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Can't tell if serious.....

Doesn't matter, was more for the spectators than you anyway. I'm not going to pretend for a moment I changed your mind on anything.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
    edited April 2021

Someone has their knickers in a twist 😂

They've stated their claims and I stated mine.

I never said you were wrong and I am right. There's no right or wrong in this. That's why I'm willing to discuss.

If you become too infatuated with the wordings I have chosen instead of the essence of my message, then it seems you really do lack the reading comprehension skills or is just ignoring what I have said.

And I frankly don't care if I come off as hostile.

I'm calm as a sea right now, tbh. Just tired, that's all.

And it is a fact that I have responded civilly for 98% of my posts.

Also,

• I've called a player prejudiced for saying something very prejudiced (he admitted it)
    • I said camping at end game was an act of desperation not that killers are always desperate.
    • I said people claiming getting last minute kills with any means necessary is being entitled.

None of the things I said are wrong nor defaming in my books. You just need to add context to them.

If you feel offended, then fine. It's your feelings not mine...

• Kolossoni

It's fine.

I can't change yours, you can't change mine.

I at least know what you were saying, so you do you!

• Kolossoni

When there's nothing more I can do except wait till the survivors leave.

• FrenziedRoach

fair enough. I respect the mostly-civil discussion. I, for one, did not perceive you as hostile. Passionate? Yes. But not hostile

• Oreo7
    Oreo7 Member Posts: 56

I was never upset, I'm not sure where you got that from? Either way, I'm finished. Good luck on that therapy session.

• Kolossoni

It's the internet and texts can't convey emotions.

I love when discussions become heated. It means opinions are clashing and that each others' messages are getting somewhat across.

Nice talking to you though.

• Kolossoni
  • Kolossoni

When there's 0 gens, gates are opened, no hooked survivors and etc.

• Evilhorst
    Evilhorst Member Posts: 103

Honestly i am so tired of this discussion because people seem only to see black and white.

First of all patroling is not camping.

Second 99% of the time i was called a tunneler i did not even tunnel. And i do not experience tunneling that much when playing survivor. To me tunneling means to go out of the way to kill one specific person. I never do that, but if i bump into two survivors and its only 2 gens left of course i am going for the one that is close to death. THIS IS NOT TUNNELING. Im so fed up with beeing called a tunneler just because survivor run into me, suck at hiding or do gens right in my face. I am not going to ignore you just because your rulebook says so. Its so stupid.

Camping on the other hand really does ruin the games for a lot of people. However i am not going to leave the hook when the exit gates are powered. This would just be stupid, yet i still get called a camper for this. I never ever camp in other situations. When you loop me close to the hook. When you are too dumb to try to hide right in front of me, when i hook someone, i am not just going to leave. I am searching for you. Whoever considers this camping, just should not play this game if this ruins it for you.

I rarely experience true tunneling and i rarely experience true camping. Maybe one in every 5 matches someone does that and i am not going to complain about it when the person just tries to save the game because gens are popping everywhere. For most killers "tunneling" is the only way to achieve at least 2ks in red ranks. Hate the devs for making so many weak killers. Hate the devs for creating a game, where survivors always will win, when they play optimally. Survivors have SO MANY tools to counter tunneling its unbelievable, yet this complaint is still so popular.

The kind of tunneling that is actually worth complaining about is rare. It does happen, but its not an extremely common occurence.

I would love to play this game and be able to leave my profile on public, but the amount of hate in this community is insane. Even the greatest killers in this game have to go for the weakest link in almost every game.

• Fiona_Goode
    Fiona_Goode Member Posts: 25

I'm against camping and tunneling a survivor for simply playing the game, tho. But I understand that sometimes it can piss the killer off because they might have been dealing with some toxic survivors the match before that one, and maybe overreacted over a pallet save. Camping and tunneling is very strong if used correctly. People should do it when it's beneficial. But what I see mostly is people camping out of anger. Which is okay, because anyone can play however they want, but I don't think it's the smartest choice unless survivors are being over altruistic.

I honestly don't get mad at the killer when I'm being camped. Specially if it's a baby killer. Because I've been there at the start. I do get mad at my teammates wasting time instead of doing gens. That's annoying. It really feels like I'm buying them time for nothing.

• FrenziedRoach

Man, I so feel what you are saying in that second paragraph.

Getting rescued from the hook is not immunity to do whatever you want for x amount of time.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I find that it's the survivor's responsibility to avoid the killer and win each chase. The killer is playing for their enjoyment and is not responsible giving additional chances to use against themselves. If your camped, it's because you failed. If your tunneled, you failed and are now on your final chance to win a chase.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Exactly and if you feel so bad about being tunneled just let go and move on, the option is there.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

take 3 out and go next, easy match, killer lost. What more do you want? If killer gets more than 1 kill by purely tunneling the same surv for 3 hooks then its a git gud issue, everyone with at least more than 300h to rub together should be able to 5 gen run killers with 3 hook states.

• SnowMiser
    SnowMiser Member Posts: 39

Tunneling doesn't exist. It is not a thing that happens.

What survivor players refuse to understand is if you are closer to being removed from the game, you are a high priority target. Especially if your jackass friends are playing hyperaltruistic, because that means it'll be easy to bait them into making a stupid play and getting you both killed. That's not 'tunneling' or 'toxic' or whatever the ######### else, it's target prioritization.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Right, if i as a killer player see you're not good and can down you easy then ill do that till you're dead. Cant blame me for killing the weak link, they have to learn to play better.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

Sometimes it's not even killer priority so much as it's the other survivors making the one being tunneled the only available target. For example, having the killer chase them to where you are and, instead of veering away when they realize you're there on gens, they try to ditch the killer in whatever is near you. Or unhooking you in a risky situation and not even trying to take the hit for you when they can when they don't have Borrowed Time.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

What a long winding road that was.

Just gonna add, I don't like killers who quit before the game is over. Until my team is out the door, the game is still on. The Survivor team hasn't won until they have successfully escaped, just like the killer hasn't won until they are dead. Quitting at the end is like a qb kneeling for every down during the 4th quarter, just sad. Egc is the funniest time to be chased.

• Demodoggie_isgoodboi
    Demodoggie_isgoodboi Member Posts: 43

Id agree if tunneling and hook camping didnt end up with the other 3 leaving and not losing pips 95% of the time.

• dannyghost
    dannyghost Member Posts: 9

camping and tunnelling is always gonna be in the game and no matter what people say from both sides, in the end, NOBODY is gonna listen.