Unique Survivor traits

CoolerSphinx
CoolerSphinx Member Posts: 22
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The killers all have unique powers that only he or she can have; however, the survivors only have their 3 starter perks. Eventually, with teachable perks all survivors become mixed together and blended so it does not matter too much in the end whom you are using. How about giving each survivor a unique trait that distinguishes each survivor from the others. This would require a big change, but it would be interesting to see. A problem I see with this is balancing the traits so that no one survivor is incredibly more powerful, and thus played more, than the others; and, on the other end make sure that there isn't a survivor that is too underwhelming.

Comments

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

fix infinite looping first. then we shall see.

• CoolerSphinx

@projecteulogy said:

Ah, yes. Definitely.

• projecteulogy

@CoolerSphinx said:

@projecteulogy said:

Ah, yes. Definitely.

don't get me wrong, i fully understand. Survivors are fairly copy and paste.. while characters like Claud and Tapp have great camouflage. I think some perks should be turned into Passive traits instead of perks. ie: Claudette having Botany Knowledge

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@projecteulogy said:

how is a loop infinite if it stops working after jumping threw the window 3 times? they also stated on the new update they will be adding select debre closer to these loops and you wont be able to fast vault threw one side of it

• projecteulogy

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@projecteulogy said:

how is a loop infinite if it stops working after jumping threw the window 3 times? they also stated on the new update they will be adding select debre closer to these loops and you wont be able to fast vault threw one side of it

The only notable changes is the Storehouse house having its windows closed and the Cow Tree walls being smaller and the Huntress being able to throw over the walls now. You can time the window vaults so the Entity doesn't show up. This isn't about rank 1 games because balancing around rank 1 would hurt the bulk of the survivor base. Like how they won't dirt nap SWF because it would hurt the game. This is about the Pallet gyms and "safe havens" on each map. I'm a survivor main and see the problem with looping, if you don't then you don't play killer enough against very coordinated teams.

• CoolerSphinx

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@projecteulogy said:

The only notable changes is the Storehouse house having its windows closed and the Cow Tree walls being smaller and the Huntress being able to throw over the walls now. You can time the window vaults so the Entity doesn't show up. This isn't about rank 1 games because balancing around rank 1 would hurt the bulk of the survivor base. Like how they won't dirt nap SWF because it would hurt the game. This is about the Pallet gyms and "safe havens" on each map. I'm a survivor main and see the problem with looping, if you don't then you don't play killer enough against very coordinated teams.

Thank you for saying that. Yes, if you mainly play survivor you probably will not see a big issue with looping; however, if you play a decent amount of time as a killer, looping is one of your nightmares. A survivor that is really good at looping can generally: a) get the killer frustrated enough to give-up on them or b) run out the clock giving his or her team the time needed
  • CoolerSphinx
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Thank you for saying that. Yes, if you mainly play survivor you probably will not see a big issue with looping; however, if you play a decent amount of time as a killer, looping is one of your nightmares. A survivor that is really good at looping can generally: A) get the killer frustrated enough to give-up on them or b run out the clock giving his or her team the time needed.
    Post edited by CoolerSphinx on
  • Ferazel
    Ferazel Member Posts: 17

I agree that survivors are not nearly as interesting as the killers in the game. I'd love to have a very minor passive buff when using one of their perks. Keeps their perks tied to the survivor more, and increases viability of some perk builds on certain characters.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@projecteulogy said:

It is theoretically not infinite anymore, but loops that last for several gens are still called "infinite" loops, just like the term "facecamping" is misused nowadays

• projecteulogy

@CoolerSphinx said:
    projecteulogy said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Thank you for saying that. Yes, if you mainly play survivor you probably will not see a big issue with looping; however, if you play a decent amount of time as a killer, looping is one of your nightmares. A survivor that is really good at looping can generally: A) get the killer frustrated enough to give-up on them or b run out the clock giving his or her team the time needed.

I'm also the same guy who wants to see Billy able to chainsaw dash through a window/wall. But when I play killer, That's all really fear is a looper. So I can totally understand the logic a lot of killers have when they tunnel or camp someone. Meanwhile, there is still underwhelming rewards when it comes to Stealth play with No adjustment in sight. Instead, self-gimping is the only way to get BP unless you play killer.

• CoolerSphinx
    Anyway, in respect to Survivor traits, these could be some possibilities (using perks as similarities):
    Claudette- botany knowledge.
    Jake- sabotage or iron will.
    Dwight- prove thy self or leader.
    Meg- Sprint boost.
    Bill- stronger as # of survivors drops maybe like Laurie's lone survivor but more related to him. ( Could not remember the name of his perk).
    Feng- better with gens.
    Nea- steady landing or urban evasion.
    End list here, don't feel like listing everyone.