The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer suggestion

MWalton
MWalton Member Posts: 5
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've seen people say they want a killer that looks like a survivor more and a thought popped into my head yesterday.

Name (doesn't matter but let's say...) Marcia (that's my sisters name haha)

Background (basic idea): Marcia always suffered from Paranoid schizophrenia and had delusions that she was the people around her. When her soul was taken by the entity it imbued her with the power to look like the other survivors in the game.

Mechanic: Marcia has two modes killer mode and chameleon mode. She starts in Chameleon mode where she looks like a random, still alive, survivor. In chameleon mode she can work on generators (which keeps up appearances of course) but she is actively reducing the progress or slowing down repair 50%) She can also put back together totems (returning hex's if they were on that totem). Pressing the secondary activity button she transforms into a killer (like uncloaking). Here she can use a standard attack. Whenever she reverts to chameleon mode (secondary activity button) she becomes a clone of a random survivor again. In chameleon mode he also appears to be holding any item the survivor she is mirroring is holding.

This would give the game some fun new mechanics (hex rebuilding, actively decreasing gens)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    edited April 2021

The problem is that this would be a nightmare for a solo player to face and extremely easy for an SWF to beat.

Edit: spelling error

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

This is what we thought we were getting with Legion. The trailer made it seem like they could blend in and confuse survivors.

Doubt BHVR would go for this idea (as fun as it sounds), this killer would break a baby survivors brain into jelly.

• Zora_sauce
    Zora_sauce Member Posts: 8

Very good concept, there can be some tweaks tho, like failing a skill check on a gen your regressing makes it so you get stunned and uncloak. Rebuilding a hex has a lengthy cooldown and it takes longer to rebuild a totem compared to cleansing a totem.

• MWalton

For sure the idea is basically less than a whole day old and I know how Legion was supposed to be a confusing killer and it least it has vaulting in sprint mode...

The totem rebuild would have to have a long cooldown as it's an action not a perk. That's not the kind of thing you want Huntress to have ;). Maybe a maximum of 3 uses per game.

The issues with SWF are persistent throughout the game. Everything is broken with SWF.

If the Dev's make this please keep the name so I can send send my sister a message that a killer is named after her haha

• MWalton

Sorry for posting in the wrong location... Thanks for the move. I didn't realize that there was a suggestion section under feedback.

• Dragon_Crys13
    Dragon_Crys13 Member Posts: 1

Myself & a bunch of other's have discussed this. We think that it would be super awesome if the girl from the movie The Ring would be a great addition to the killer's. She could have televisions around the map to use as portals. There isn't enough female killer's in the game & she has a lot you can do with her. Thank you very much for taking your time for little ol me & my suggestions. Hope you all have a wonderful day.