Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why are add-ons so vague?

FIEND8LOODED
FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
edited April 2021 in Ask the Community

The majority of add-ons for killers and survivor items alike share a common vagueness in their description through the use of the words "slightly," "moderately," "considerably," and the occasional "tremendously."

From my point of view this seems completely arbitrary and even more confusing than just writing the actual values, as the values assigned to these words are not consistent from add-on to add-on and there is no way (to my knowledge) to actually find these values in-game.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that words are subjective, and some of these descriptors are hard to justify as a "moderate" increase to anything. Take Demogorgon's Vermilion Webcap add-on for example. Supposedly the add-on:

"Moderately increases the duration of the Undetectable Status Effect applied to The Demogorgon when emerging from a Portal."

So how much does it add exactly? One second. It adds one second. Is one single second really a moderate increase?

Is there any reason for not just including the actual values that anybody knows of? Shouldn't they match perks, almost all of which display precise numbers instead of vague words? Because I can't think of a single good reason for them not to.

Answers

• Wish2Die4U
    Wish2Die4U Member Posts: 12

Thanks for raising this question, I've wondered this since I've started playing as well. It makes it really hard to tell exactly how useful it is to choose a certain add-on over the other in a match. For experienced players it probably doesn't matter as you get a feel for them, but as a new player it's way too unclear to really understand what they do for you.