The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to buff trapper

some_shape
some_shape Member Posts: 35
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

You see, the escape bear trap action is almost pure RNG, so to make it less frustrating for both killer and survivor I propose a change to it: make the escape from bear trap action a longer channel with a 100% chance of escaping, just like cleansing a totem, instead of a short channel with a chance to escape
Plus change slippery meat to reduce the time needed to free yourself, and make trapper’s addons increase the time needed to free yourself.
This would make his effectiveness less RNG dependent, would give him a reason to use other addons.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I agree, base escape time should be 10 seconds, 15 with wax brick and 20 with fastening tools. Slippery Meat should decrease the time by 50%.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

You see, the escape bear trap action is almost pure RNG, so to make it less frustrating for both killer and survivor I propose a change to it: make the escape from bear trap action a longer channel with a 100% chance of escaping, just like cleansing a totem, instead of a short channel with a chance to escape
    Plus change slippery meat to reduce the time needed to free yourself, and make trapper’s addons increase the time needed to free yourself.
    This would make his effectiveness less RNG dependent, would give him a reason to use other addons.

This would definitely make the tripper that much better!
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Agreed, I always hate RNG in games and your solution sounds like a solid approach.
    For the same reason, reverse beartraps have to be adressed btw

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Maybe the survivors would have to do skillchecks as well, like searching a jigsaw box.