The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggetion on how to combat against a well organized SWF team.

This obviously isn't gonna be a fix but certainly can help aid Killers. Why can't Killers push away body blocking survivors, but Survivors can stop killers into place? Killers should be able to slightly move the survivor out the way, survivors can still take hits but let the killer move them with their weight. Also how does it make sense that when a survivor is hit, the person can move past the killer, but the Killer nope...Just a thought.

Comments

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699
    Just smack em, and if that isn't enough drop and slug the Survivor you're carrying. I one time turned a one basement hook into a three basement hook since the Survivors wanted to try and body block. 
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Bodyblocking with 3 people is really annoying, swf communication needs to nerfed.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Dodge. Dodge any team that has more than 2 SWF. If in doubt: dodge.
    Private Profile, etc. just dodge.
    Entitled survivor mains call that "salty" and "scummy", but hey, they want to ruin your fun, so you don't have to care about theirs.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    Entitled survivor mains call that "salty" and "scummy", but hey, they want to ruin your fun, so you don't have to care about theirs.

You dont need to dodge if you paly billy/nurse. Otherwise it might be a case of "better safe than sorry" :lol:

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

You dont need to dodge if you paly billy/nurse. Otherwise it might be a case of "better safe than sorry" :lol:

I do not like playing Nurse, makes me really sick to suffer from her fatigue.and I suck at being Billy, because of that strange jerk in the chainsaw that others seem to be able to control, but not me. :P

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

Still not sure why all you killers hate SWF. I get more hooks, kills, and points during a SWF than I do against a bunch of solo players who dont care that the other guy is being chased hooked or killed. A few times i got gen rushed and came out with less points. Is this like a high end killer problem? As a survivor so many solo players have left me on a hook (first hook) when they could have came and got me with no trouble and I died.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

@DisturbedZ said:
    Still not sure why all you killers hate SWF. I get more hooks, kills, and points during a SWF than I do against a bunch of solo players who dont care that the other guy is being chased hooked or killed. A few times i got gen rushed and came out with less points. Is this like a high end killer problem? As a survivor so many solo players have left me on a hook (first hook) when they could have came and got me with no trouble and I died.

Personally, I am cool with SWFs. Now the SWFS that play in such a toxic manner is the main issue. Playing with your buddy or buddies is fine. However, if you make it your mission to be a toxic scum, that's an issue. I play both sides equally just as much as other people and I role solo. The thing that I suggested was aiming more towards the toxic groups because you can only doge so much of em...But yea ggwp

• Pie314159265358
    Pie314159265358 Member Posts: 8

I usually do not have too much of an issue facing survive with friends groups. If they have flashlights, they will typically remain nearby and wait for the flashlight save, though this can be countered by looking at walls while picking a survivor up, or listening for their footsteps as they approach. One survivor can remained slugged, while the other can be chased down. The main issue with SWF groups is ultimately going to be the generator pressure, which can be better countered by a distribution of damage (which is a lot more effective with the new nerf to survivor healing), slugging, ruin, generator patrol, and a few other methods. As for body blocking, your best hope is to either just hit the body blocking survivors, or to just drop the survivor in your hands and chase the others down.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

I have played against SWF groups and I can understand your frustration. However, they are so much more altruistic that it actually makes it almost easier for you. Playing against a decent-skilled SWF group can even improve your skills as a killer. I play more survivor so I tend to understand how they usually work, but then again everyone plays differently. I sometimes play as killer, and when it comes to body blocking the best thing you can do is just hit them. -(Rank 9 killer on console)

• DeadByFlashlight

@DisturbedZ said:

Look at the depip squad games. If a SWF decides to genrush, the killer goes out with very few points

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited October 2018
    Not complaining, just pointing out the new swf tactic. Teammates are now calling out killer position using coms, which is nothing new, but are also using the lingering buff effect to tag gens  after every kick. Team members with the leader skill usually hang back enough to bait while the the others use the buff to tag gens, repairing faster than damage can be applied. So yeah, gen rush has been improved for the coordinated.
  • DisturbedZ

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@DisturbedZ said:

Look at the depip squad games. If a SWF decides to genrush, the killer goes out with very few points

Key word "if". personally I have had it happen to me twice. I dont play everyday but on the days I do I put in 4 - 6 hours easily. If it is as much of a problem as you state wouldnt I have had it happen a bit more? I got about 100 hours as killer and about 250 as survivor and from both sides never seen many gen rushes happen.

• DisturbedZ

@HeHeBoii said:

Personally, I am cool with SWFs. Now the SWFS that play in such a toxic manner is the main issue. Playing with your buddy or buddies is fine. However, if you make it your mission to be a toxic scum, that's an issue. I play both sides equally just as much as other people and I role solo. The thing that I suggested was aiming more towards the toxic groups because you can only doge so much of em...But yea ggwp

Yeah I agree toxic players suck and groups of them suck even more. Its a game lets enjoy it. I dont think you will ever remove toxic players though no matter what you change.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@DisturbedZ said:

Key word "if". personally I have had it happen to me twice. I dont play everyday but on the days I do I put in 4 - 6 hours easily. If it is as much of a problem as you state wouldnt I have had it happen a bit more? I got about 100 hours as killer and about 250 as survivor and from both sides never seen many gen rushes happen.

I can reply that if it's possible yes it's a big problem a game shouldn't be ended after the killer only gets 2 hooks on two be and they also shouldn't be forced into tunnel 1 person because their closest to death is it a tactic ofcourse but is it fun?... not even close... I enjoy this event because I don't need ruin I can play how I normally play and if they get their stuff and get out GG knowing they over came a side objective and gens is job well done... just hoping on gens normal is nothing great its way to easy
  • DeadByFlashlight

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@DisturbedZ said:

Platform and rank?