Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Was Killer really that hard back in the day?

2»

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited April 2021

We called it "Dribbling" back then and most killers would do it. You used to be able to dribble a survivor indefinately, but the devs decided to give the survivors free struggle when you drop them which was probably for the best. That still allowed you to dribble them 2 or 3 times, but you couldn't grief with it by doing it indefinitely anymore.

but yes, it worked. Pick up the survivor, move for 1 or 2 seconds, drop them. Rinse and Repeat. It stopped DS cold. Sometimes it DS would still fire but the drop would go through anyway and we wouldn't get stunned. We'd see the icon for it and know their DS was dead and carry them the rest of the way. Eventually all that was patched out as well.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

For some weird reason, I never called it "Dribbling". I don't even know why.

I remember it all too well. Especially because of my failed "dribbling" into a pallet stun into a Self-Care skill check mid-chase as Old Freddy. A terrible situation, but funny in a way.