Tunneling is out of control since the DS nerf

Options
PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

Hello,

from this what ive seen atm.... i can say tunneling is absl. out of control atm. Give me a reason to support this game anymore if i cant have fun as a survivor. Maybe it is the best time to quit and play another game, cause it´s not fun to get tunneled every game

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

Find some sweaty swf’s to play with, only thing you can do

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Been no more than usual. But ds works exactly the same if you are actually being tunnelled so use that if it's concerning you that much.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Yep... I've been playing less since the update. It's just not fun.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

So, you'd rather sit on a gen and hold m1 for 80 seconds than be chased by the killer and having some kind of engaging gameplay?

I never understand people complaining about tunneling. If you are getting tunneled, at least you are playing the most fun part of the game.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

It isn't. It doesn't stop tunneling in the slightest. They'll still go right back to you after 5 seconds. It doesn't just make them not tunnel. It never did.

Last 8 games say otherwise when I get immediately downed off the hook before being able to move 5ft. Then, after death, see that the killer doesn't do the same thing to the other survivors. If that's not singling me out, idk what is.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

DS is an actual anti tunnel perk now. Sorry that as a survivor you consider tunneling to be any interaction with you after getting unhooked?

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited April 2021
    Options

I've noticed more of it, people that don't are delusional or benefiting. With that being said, DS needed to be addressed. So maybe now tunneling/camping itself can be addressed instead of using perks as bandaids.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Can't be tunneled if your outplaying the killer. You have to fail more than once before the killer has that opportunity.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

The irony is that DS was never an anti-tunnell perk. The killer can still eat DS and then chases you. DS was never the solution of tunneling but since the DS nerf many killers start to tunnell more and many survivors just stop using it. If you are unhooked and worried that killer will take you then DS is still a valuable perk why not use it? Ds nerf affect the both side more psychologically. I mean DS is still the same if you are unhooked and killer can still eat DS and after small stun he can chase you. I understand your problem but DS not before and after was the solution of tunnelers. If the killer decided to tunnell you, you will be tunneled.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

It's not killers jobs to make it fun for u just like it's not urs to make it fun or easier for killer? You do everything you can to escape right? Killer does everything to kill you okay? This isn't fortnite it's 4vs1 horror game rules doesn't exist we made our own rules aka survivor and killer rule book those doesn't exist and if u can't handle getting tunelled few games either don't stress urself out and don't play or run ds and punish killer for tunelling but y'all remove ds from perk slot because u can't abuse it anymore ds is now real anti tunnel perk and it works fine if u decide not to run it's up to you not killer the point is both sides just needs to shush and play the game or not because everyone keep coming with new made rules each day

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264
    Options

I don't agree. One mistake or one mistake by a teammate can put you in that position and then there's little you can do about it. Get unhooked in front of the killer and instadowned.

Not to mention it also sucks when it's happening to a teammate and you do everything possible to stop them being tunnelled and it doesn't make any difference.

I can't understand the mentality of people who don't see the issue.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

It's hard to tell when you're going to be tunneled unless you're being face camped.

The perk is a waste of time against tunneling except for end game unhooks.

Most killers who are planning to tunnel go across the map, see the unhook and unbeknown to the unhooked survivor often drops a chase and is about to be on them in 30seconds. Basically you're forced to either lose your DS by actually doing something in game OR waste 30-60 seconds doing nothing to make sure you're not being tunnelled. - the perk actually works IN the killers favour then cuz you're either forced to do nothing or to nullify the perk. It's stupid and only really has any use against someone who s practically face camping and planning to tunnel.

I don't like the perk and I don't run it. On SWFs it was totally broken and still can be abused by them but they're not the ones suffering from being tunneled anyway since they can co-ordinate.

I feel for the killers though as I hate those games! 4 man SWFs tend to be the problem with almost everything being unfair tbh!

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options
    1. That's on the survivor who unhooked you for the unsafe hook rescue.
    2. It's a common (and sometimes necessary) tactic for the killer to eliminate one survivor ASAP so that they're not dealing with 4 survivors at endgame, as that's a no-win situation.
    3. Don't be the first one to get caught. You have the ability to hide and play stealthy.
    4. Someone is always going to be first. Chalk it up to dumb luck instead of getting triggered. If it's happening to YOU every match, recognise the common denominator.
  • valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Now killers don’t tunnel all survs. They tunnel the first one to death and then they play normal, because they want to feel they won the game without any help, although it’s a 3vs1 match and a 5 years old can 4k

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

Kinda goes to show DS was never meant to be anti-tunneling, even though many would like to fit it into the mold of an anti-tunnel perk. If they wanted to curb tunneling they would make an actual anti-tunneling perk rather than recycling DS as a band-aid fix. Both devs and mods have specifically stated it wasn't intended to be one. For the time being just run DS and try to outplay with it if you're being tunneled.

• Seraphor
    Options

It depends on if you expect an anti-tunnelling perk to 'prevent' tunnelling or 'dissuade/punish' tunnelling.

DS most certainly does the latter, as it adds ~25s to a chase which can cost the killer a gen, or if it's during EGC, a kill entirely, and they will never go so far as to 'prevent' tunnelling outright.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

I don't understand the complaints. If tunnelling is rampant, put DS on.. its just as good as it was for that purpose.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I'm glad someone in this thread said this.

I love when people say "just do gens" in response to complaints about camping/tunneling and then they complain about gen rushing/gen speed.

Kind of creating your own problem in the first place.

All that being said I think Borrowed Time is going to become a must bring perk for anti tunnel purposes. It's already always been a pretty great perk but I see it being the new meta since a good teammate using it to save someone and body block off hook is probably the best way to stop tunneling now.

Second Wind is nice too. not sure what else but the survivors that stay around will adapt and figure things out and then killers will probably ask for the next thing to be nerfed. Vicious cycle, sigh

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

Very good points. I highly doubt there will ever be a perk in the game that prevents tunneling outright. There's a lot of external factors to consider too when thinking of how a true anti-tunnel perk would need to work from the map, pallet placement and other chase extenders present, to killers that are used, and so on. Just for simplicity we'll put those aside and In a perfect world an anti-tunneling perk should be able to do both by preventing tunneling through some form of either negative or positive punishment. DS, as you said, can achieve the latter but to varying degrees. If it's early to mid game then the impact on your gameplay as killer would be lesser since there's nothing to lose other than some time rather than after gates are powered and you lose the kill as long as they can hit the skill check and find an open exit. Now, they could buff DS to activate more than once and that would bring it to be more inline to be true anti-tunneling because now you're talking ~50s or more that the killer could potentially waste deciding to chase after 1 surv for multiple hook states. Then the killer has to consider the risk vs reward a bit more when actively deciding tunnel.

• Seraphor
    Options

Given the nature of the nerfs to DS (which I still think were the right choice) I think they could more than afford to give survivors 2 charges of DS, one for each unhook.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I love when people say "just do gens" in response to complaints about camping/tunneling and then they complain about gen rushing/gen speed.

Just because gen speeds are a problem does not mean that Survivors should not power through gens. It is a very strong strategy for a reason, after all.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Options

The thing that really bugs me is people who think tunneling is a good strategy. Most often, it isn't. If you're playing optimally, you aren't going to be tunneling or camping because you're leaving gens untended for so long. But I so often see matches where the killer hooks one person three times in a row. Then find someone else, three times in row and so on. At that point, you're not playing to win. You're playing to make someone else lose. The 'screw someone elses day over because it's not against the rules' kind of attitude is tolerated and supported, then people wonder why the community is so bad. That's why.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

the killer just eats the stun and continues chasing you

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Well,if he's that dedidcated then try to play as safe as possible and give your team as much time to punish the killer for tunneling as possible.

• Seraphor
    Options

This is completely true, but it still holds that eliminating one survivor early is a good tactic.

Not tunnelling does often require an incentive, which is why I run 'anti-tunnel' perks, like BBQ, Devour Hope, Furtive Chase (With PWYF), etc.

We need more perks like this, so that not tunnelling benefits the killer more.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited April 2021
    Options

It extends the chase even longer that creates a second chance that, otherwise you would have never had. Also, a killer getting rid of 1 survivor quickly is the best way to win the match. Leaving a person alive is a good way to lose the game. That's why they didn't do it with other survivors. They didn't need to. The match is now winnable.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Yeah, just like the old DS. It is functioning the same in that regard.

• hanys94
    hanys94 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Im playing 50-50 killer survivor and now ds is perfectly balanced.You are getting tunneled? Ds still work,you are too greedy and go straight to gen? Your fault.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021
    Options

I was tunneled like....one time....and the killer let me go at the end of it because I ran them for 5 gens. As killer, I get DS'd about the same as I did before- very rarely because I don't actually tunnel anyone right off hook.

I think what you mean is "I can't do DS's that have nothing to do with actual tunneling, in games where I would have 59 second DS'd the killer with a locker after doing a gen with a teammate, and then called a dirt tunnelling pos in post game chat"

That's usually closer to the mark.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

No, the game is now 4k. But killers want to think is because they’re good at the game and they earn it

This discussion has been closed.