Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Time line

Is there a timeline the devs have put out or talked about making for cross progression?

I'm at a point wherein my PS4 refuses to allow the game to start up, so I feel like switching to playing on PC is my only option if I want to continue to be able to play. I don't want to lose the countless hours (not to mention money) I've spent on my PS4 account, so I'd love to have an idea when, if ever, I might be able to transfer my progress from console to PC.

And if cross progression is forthcoming, is it worth it to continue to play on the PC version and progress an account that may eventually be overwritten for my old account?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

At this point, the devs can’t confirm if cross progress will ever come for XBox, PlayStation or Windows Store.

Only known platforms are Steam, Stadia and coming Q2 2021 Switch.

MAYBE/hopefully they will have better news for the anniversary in June regarding this.

You could transfer your PS4 progress to the PS5 version though. If you really want to play on PC there is no reason not to start though. IF they ever add cross Progression the accounts will be merged!

• jadedchicken
    jadedchicken Member Posts: 16

Welp that's discouraging as balls. I hate that the best option is to buy an expensive new console that I otherwise would have no intent to buy. Thanks for the info, though.

• Madarablackgetsuga
    Madarablackgetsuga Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 51

They're still in active negeotiations with Microsoft and Sony. These two have ALWAYS had issues with crossplay/progression in other games, and will tend to fight to the bitter end against it. Only thing BHVR can do is keep pushing them or sweetening the deal.