Please reverse the Lucky Break buff

Options
Surikato
Surikato Member Posts: 103
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

not being able to see blood pools AND scratch marks is going to be meta plus Iron Will, killers who depends on visual and audio cues to detect survivors will litterarly give up on chases and maybe quit the trial xd

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    Options

I think it should also increase the sound of grunts of pain by 50% so you can't just cheese with 2 perks to lose chase super easily

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

They won’t, all they care about is “survivor fun”

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

I would like to see this scratch marks effect given to lightweight rather then to lucky break which is supposed to be centered around pools of blood.

Just make lucky break permanently remove blood pools, that's the best change perk designed around blood pools can get.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

This. Unless the survivor has the opportunity to quickly heal after every injured state, that isn’t going to last all game.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

As someone pointed out, it would've been better if it was no blood pools at all without timer (but leave the scratch marks). That would be strong, possibly for some kind of different meta builds that you only see right now. How is that bad?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

oh no, 90 full seconds of no scratchmarks and bloodpools that will permanently deactivate, boo hoo. Not like there are killers that have addons that increase their movement speed up to 175% while not giving any visual or audio cues to detect the killer and literally changes the chase into a coinflip.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Keep in mind that you aren't going to be chasing a survivor for those entire 90 seconds; it continues to tick down after you leave chase. Moreover, within chase, you aren't usually reliant on the scratch marks and pools of blood to chase survivors. Even if they break LoS, you can 1) predict, 2) wait for them to pop up again, or 3) listen for footsteps.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Really, name one spirit who doesn't run mother-daughter ring in the first place.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

I mean, if the chase wasn't a 50/50, then what should it be? Run around in circles over and over again until you are brute forced down to the ground? That's what a mindgame is.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I LOVE IT 🥰

I can’t wait to run Lucky Break, Off The Record, Second Wind, for the easiest escapes from a hook ever.

• Predated
    Options

No, a mindgame is predicting your opponent, reading their movements, acting upon your predictions, use your environmental clues(redlight, footsteps, breathing, scratchmarks, bloodpools) to adjust your predictions. That all goes away when facing Spirit. Spirit is not a mindgaming killer.

• Predated
    Options

It's requirement is using a perk slot instead of perks like prove thyself, dead hard, ds, unbreakable, bt, iron will or other perks.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I can't WAIT to ######### on some Spirits finally XD

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

Oh, I'll enjoy running it, but it definitely seems like a bit too much.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

No need to reverse it.

I think it's a good change mostly.

My concern comes from it being used in conjunction with iron will; which I want to test on the PTB and then if it's as bad as I suspect it might be, just make your sounds of pain always audible for it's duration, overriding perks like Iron will.

I think the perk on it's own should be -okay- given it's a one time use only for a whole perk slot. I need to see it in practice more before I make any real claims though.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I think you are overestimating the value here; I disagree that it would go META. I think it would be popular with certain types of Players, Evaders rather than Loopers for example, but it certainly won't dominate the game. And Killers who quit trial in a huff over losing their prey, will get banned longer and longer. Such people choosing to stop playing (or being banned to the point they can't) will be no great loss. I don't care about immature Players who can't keep a check on their emotions. In regards to you other point, I disagree there as well. No Killer DEPENDS on visual and audio cues. You can (and many do) play the Spirit just fine already and are not relying on the scratch marks. Many of them don't run Stridor. More to the point, those few Killers that do benefit MORE from certain things are the minority, and nobody is going to load up on the Perk on the off chance that is who they pull.

If you want to talk about a Meta Survivor Perk, then we have to discuss Spine Chill. I don't leave home without it. The new Lucky Break doesn't even begin to approach the power level of Spine Chill. If that hasn't broken the game, I'm sure we will be alright with a slightly Luckier Break.

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219
    Options

If you would go and start chasing that ONE survivor then that is your mistake. Your time is far better spent putting actual pressure on the rest of them and generators and not on a goose chase that will cost you the match. Imo its a nice new combo against tunneling at least once.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited April 2021
    Options

Well I'm also not gonna hit them and imeaditly leave unless I'm wraith because at that point I'm purposely losing all pressure in hope that I find a new survivor at a worse position

Edit how was that tunneling?

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312
    Options

Cant wait to try out the new lucky break with iron will on blendette😁

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

Time to get some value out of those new sound increasing add ons for Freddy then.

• Minato_26YF
    Minato_26YF Member Posts: 21
    Options

It’s not OP it’s only for 90 seconds and you will only have it for the first half of the game after that it’s like they don’t have the perk at all which is ridiculous but meh I think they should change it to where the timer is 10/15/20 and resets each time you get healed

• Reinami
    Options

You don't play fighting games do you?

In a fighting game, you can't react to movements because typically moves come out faster than you can react to them. This means you often need to condition your opponent that you will do something in a specific situation. Then, once they are conditioned to do that thing, you do something different, thus the mindgame. How is that any different than spirit? You throw the pallet down, and you either cross it, or don't, or vault the window, or don't. It's a mindgame, you condition your opponent to do one thing, and once they start doing that thing, you do the other thing. It's even harder on killers because they have to do this against 4 different survivors instead of just 1 opponent.

• Predated
    Options

Because you dont injure Spirit, you only have 6 times to condition a killer into doing something before you're out of the game. In a fighting game, you can condition someone to do something a lot more than just 6 times. So lets assume that you do 1 thing 3 times in a row, that's 1 hook and 1 injure, 2 hooks if you havent been healed up. Now, the next time she chases you, you'll be able to mindgame her. That's sacrificing 2 hook states for 1 mindgame.

"It's even harder on killers because they have to do this against 4 different survivors instead of just 1 opponent."

If all survivors have the exact same skin, sure. But they dont. 4 different survivors mean you play slightly different against each of them. For a mindgame to be a group effort, you need to do the same strategy twice, which, is sacrificing another 1-2 hookstates for a future mindgame. At this point, only 2, maybe 3 generators have been finished, 1 survivor being dead on hook and the generator spread being smaller and smaller.

Unless you were to be removing scratchmarks from Spirit's phasing completely, then sure, maybe. As it levels out the playing field. But right now, it's survivors who cannot see the killer, cannot hear the killer(phasing is slightly directional, but whether she's 10 meters or 1 meter away from you, you dont know), you dont have any evidence on where the killer could be, yet the killer hears you, sees your scratchmarks, sees the environment around you. It's simply not a comparable situation, especially not if the Spirit player is experienced.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

By this logic, doubling back during chases as Killer or Survivor, feinting vaults as Survivor, and other mindgames AKA guesses isn't really fair or is a problem, right? Yet you wouldn't say the same, surely.

Skill does not exist in a game like this, no matter what anyone else says. It's ALWAYS 50/50s, Killers have to ""mindgame"" Survivors and hope the Survivor makes a mistake. If they can't fool the Survivor, they must be "bad".

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Personally I think it should last longer. Luck break only works once per match so less people are going to want to use it.

• Spill
    Spill Member Posts: 235
    Options

This change is fine. Survivors need a spirit counter and indoor map boost. It wont be meta without Iron Will so that's 2 perk spots taken up that are only active when injured. I don't mind.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    Options

I like it tbh, it's possible that it might shift the meta. The same perks over and over again are just boring to go against, so I can't wait to play with and against Lucky Break.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

Unless you don't get hurt often or heal quickly, it seems like Lucky Break will be a perk most useful in the Early Game than anywhere else. Plus common Killer perks like Sloppy Butcher and less common ones like Coulrophobia can be used to shave seconds off of Lucky Break's timer for those that do try to heal due to the increased heal times.

• Reinami
    Options

Again, you don't play fighting games.

I come from Street fighter 2 era, where you got 1 or 2 "guesses" before you just lose the round. In a tournament, best 2 out of 3 games, with 2 rounds, that means in a given tournament match, you get, at worst 4 times to condition, and at best you'd get 8 times to condition (before the last round)

• Ravio_Li
    Ravio_Li Member Posts: 126
    Options
  • Schism_989
    Schism_989 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    Options

As someone who usually plays survivor, I personally think it might end up as a perk that is currently in its testing phase, "too good." This was somewhat like how Decisive Strike was used before it was changed, where not it could likely be used to taunt the killer into slapping them and then running away, with no real visual or audio cue for the killer to follow afterwards, especially with Calm Spirit.

I just feel it rubs me the wrong way, same with the Small Game change. Though, I suppose we'll only find out exactly how effective it is when it's thoroughly tested.

While I do want some of the less popular perks to get more love, this is a bit too much for my tastes.

Edit: As a note, I play on the Playstation version of the game, so I'm not able to test it, take my opinion with a grain of salt, and feel free to form your own

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    edited April 2021
    Options

Just play All-Seeing Wraith to counter it until the nerf comes out. Easy.

/s

• Predated
    Options

No, those are mindgames, because you are actively feinting something, you are actively making the killer believe you are about to do something you are not. And yes, that is skill. Not neccesarily mechanical skill, but it is psychological skill.

If chases are 50/50's for you, you need to learn how to read your opponent. They give away clues. Spirit doesnt give you any clue. Unreadable. You cannot compare Spirit to anything else in this game.

• Predated
    Options

again, dbd is not similar. Everything gives away clues. In fighting games, both sides have equal clues.