Rift Revamp

The rift is a nice addition to DBD but seriously needs to be improved when compared to other season pass games. The rift offers nothing special aside from some cosmetics, charms and enough auric cells to refund your purchase of it. This is extremely unrewarding for the amount of grind it gives you to complete it.

The challenges are extremely specific sometimes and on occasion don’t even register progress towards completion. It shouldn’t be a “pathway” of challenges where you need to complete one to get to another. And what’s unfair is that if you want to unlock lore, you need to complete the challenge that goes with it.

what could be done to improve this is:

1. offer more/ better rewards in the rift rather than having so many empty spaces in the non-premium track. Maybe offer bloodpoints or iridescent shards! Maybe some basic cosmetics. While in the premium offer auric cells, a larger amount of BP and Iri shards and the more unique cosmetics. I like the charms and all but that shouldn’t be the main staple of rewards in this hell grind.
  2. maybe instead of a challenge track, people can buy and select challenges they want to complete. As I play D2 on the side, you can buy bounties/tasks with in game currency and upon completion, gives you progress towards the season. I’m DBD This will give players the chance to choose challenges they are comfortable with. The more difficult and specific ones offering double progress while basic ones give normal progress. Just like the challenges in the track.
  3. the most important one to me. Allow the selection of MORE THAN ONE challenge at a time. I have been faced with challenges that take forever to complete, going through multiple matches at a time while getting little or no progress. Wasting my time when I could of been working on other Challenges instead. If players would be able to say have 3 challenges selected at a time then you can get more done for the amount of time you spent wasting on getting a single one done.

Not everyone has “2-3 hours” to play a day. And even in those few hours little to no progress is made. It seems to cater to only those who no life the game. Forcing people to have to play your game for that long to get traffic? I don’t know what the reasoning is? Is unfair. And even after all that grind you get really pisspoor rewards. Players shouldn’t be punished just because they couldn’t play for hours on end or skip a day.

The rift should be a big staple to the game. Have it be more inviting to people to actually want to fully complete it. This simple “we’ll decrease the amount of exp needed to earn rift shards and increase the amount earned when completing levels of the Tome.” Is not going to cut it. Because yeah you eased the grind slightly but you are still offering the lack luster rewards for that grind. The rift should be something fun to do, not a chore. You’ll get more people paying money to want to do it.

And please, for lore, it shouldn’t be restricted to playing a specific killer or survivor. Survivor is easy however. I’m a casual player who just enjoys the game and it shouldn’t just cater to the people who put their life into it and play all killers. There has to be a better way to offer lore to people who are interested in reading it.

perhaps certain challenges offer progress towards unlocking a lore page. Of course killer challenges unlocking killer lore, vice versa for survivor. But please do not have them be specific killer challenges. Everyone deserves to read the lore and story behind this game, don’t block it by a tedious pay wall.