Can someone please help me understand why Gideon is suddenly highly complained about?!

2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

They increased the number of pallets without decreasing safety.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

This is true. I also have the pc version, but I prefer my switch because by the time I got the pc version I was so used to switch and had built up so much in my switch version. Yeah with those 5 as the only base killers, it does make Gideon very difficult and I would agree that Huntress is the best option out of those 5.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

This map is funny as leatherface though,

can't cuck leatherface with pallets

• Lord_Tony
  • miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I love the map, it's my favorite one. And not because of the pallet / loop crap (I hate that aspect of this game), but simply because of how complex it is and how much of a mixture there is between narrow corridors and wide open areas. I think it's a very well-constructed map.

I also get it maybe once every couple of days at most, so I don't really see what the big deal is. Even if we ARE to assume that one map is extremely survivor-sided (I've seen people much better than myself lose to killers on that map so I don't know), it's 1 out of several dozen. I'm sure that there are maps that heavily favor the killers if someone wants to break them all down in such a way.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I don't think the gameplay changed much, this map has always been loaded with safe pallets, the update to the map just made the problems the map already had more obvious because previously most of the maps pallets were tucked in corners and hard to see, but they changed this in the update and many of the pallets were moved to more central locations and a lot of line of sight blockers got opened up so pallets were easier to see.

Maybe it got a little worse for stealth killer due to improved visibility though.

Breakable walls didn't have a major effect on the gameplay of this map as they pretty much all just open pathways.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I agree, all maps should be balanced. I'm just saying there's suddenly so much hate for this map when it's just one out of many, and I'm sure that there are others that survivors could claim are way too killer-sided. In other words this probably isn't the only map that needs some adjustment, so I find it weird that every killer has been attacking it lately. And again, I don't know about everyone else but it's probably just about the least likely map to ever appear in my game. I played for four straight hours tonight and got nothing but Coldwind, Autohaven, one Badham and one Midwich, as is pretty much the usual.

Now, having said all that, I realize that my comment does nothing to "help" the situation. I can't tell how many pallets are in the map because the damn game never gives it to me. But if all killers seem to agree that there are too many pallets then sure, reduce the number. I've got no problem agreeing with that. Like I said, I'm a survivor main who can't stand the looping crap anyway.

• ChurchofPig
    edited April 2021

Hate to tell you. I've gotten nothing but 4ks playing fair as Freddy. Do you really think I commented on which killers are good on the map and who aren't without experience against and as them on that map?

• ChurchofPig

If it's so perfect and the fact that it's something everyone does/is capable of doing, I'm surprised Freddy has a kill rate as high as he does. I've played against and as Freddy on the updated version of The Game map, worst I've seen a Freddy do is a 1k but it was someone who had cursed matchmaking and was fairly new to the game. Takeout that one match, the worst I saw a Freddy do on the new Game map is a 3k.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The map is almost if not just as bad as old, original ormand (pre first nerf) which is saying a lot. It's utterly unfair for the killer who basically has no chance if there is even one semi decent survivor.

• Lord_Tony

Survivors complain about the 1 corner hook because it's "unfair" due to body blocking

but don't want to talk about the 20 god pallets

• Lord_Tony

I actually made a meme about this map

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Killers are still winning most of the time on the map so it still doesn't have enough.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045

Lack of gameplay. There is nothing interesting whatsoever about pallets that are designed to be immediately thrown to grant temporary immunity.

It is extremely boring to play as survivor and killer. The chases of this game are fun because it's enjoyable to play with/around a killer's power and react to each other's mindgame. There is literally no mindgame to short wall pallets with massive loops and instathrow god pallets with little windows on the map to play around with in conjunction with pallets. That's AWFUL map design.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Sluzzy you must be, without a doubt or argument, the worst DbD Survivor Player in the game. As far as I know, I've never pulled you into one of my matches. I base my theory on the fact that every single post you make is about how Killers are winning all their matches, how this or that you ran into was too powerful, and how Survivors need more. Your perception of the game is so distorted that it is like a Fun House mirror. The only explanation is that you have zero Skills; no, let me correct that. You have negative Skills, i.e. when you enter a match you don't just fail to achieve anything, you must be dragging down every other Survivor with you.

Seriously, taking your posts as evidence, you have never won a match, gotten out alive, or seen a balanced map, Killer Perk, or Add-on. They are all OP and broken in your eyes. With that in mind, since the rest of us do NOT have your problems, the only possible explanation is you are TERRIBLE at this game. Have you considered Minecraft?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Probably because you can pop all five gens and still have 14 pallets left to chew through. The first floor is pretty much an open area, and the usual gen placement allows you to see the killer coming half the map away. The shoddy breakable walls, the three, sometimes four god pallets, on top of poor totem spawns? It's just a badly designed map.