Remove Hook Save Grabs

7AJFUN
7AJFUN Member Posts: 26
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Dear team,

Unfortunately in past couple of days I am getting really boring killers to play against, which are ending to facecamp the people on the hooks.

I know, that you are considering facecamping as a strategy (which obviously has a counterplay - focusing on gens, taking unhooks last second), thats totally fine, even as I dont understand why we should support this in regular matchmaking.

What pisses me off, is a rewarding killer with his possibility to grab healty surtvivor from unhooking animation when he is going for a trade so more gens can be done until somebody dies on hook.

What about to remove the possibility to grab healthy survivor from hook save animation? (obviously grabs from gens are fine).

I think this change would be really healthy for game and would slightly counter this gamestyle, which is just not fun.

Best regards,

7AJFUN

Post edited by 7AJFUN on

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I understand that you have only the best intentions here, but due to the ######### "aim dressing" the devs have implemented, killers pretty much can't hit the rescuer during the unhooking animation, and instead hit the hooked survivor nine times out of ten, regardless or where the killer was aiming.

The result of removing hook grabs would be that the rescuing survivor would be essentially invincible during the animation allowing face-unhooks do be preformed with no consequences, although admittedly grabs are so unreliable right now that you would almost have to be facecamping in order to get the grab.

So, while I appreciate the initiative, the game has slightly more pressing issues that the inadequate dev team of only 300 people should work on, since they seem to lack the ability to work on more than 0.5 things at a time.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154

Why do you think it's healthier to give more disadvantages to killers?

Without grabbing, basically killers without 1 shot kill have no way to camp.

Survivors are free to do trades any time and that's just too helpless for killers.

Even with grabbing exists, if you go with 2 people you can still save them by blocking killers.

• 7AJFUN

Why do I think it would be healtier for a game? I pretty much explained the reason. I don't see any reason why we should keep rewarding the killers which are playing this way, just because they are bad in the game. As a killer I dont see this like an disadvantage, I really dont. I was never in situation when I would be standing in front of the hook waiting for my grab. Why? Because I just dont like to play that way, that I will end up facecamping the survivor. Everybody is just complaining about how the killers are weak, but in reality i 4k while not playing like a scumbag in 9/10 games in rank 1. Just stop.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I thought they did seeing as my grabs get cancelled regularly when I'm chasing a survivor and they run to the hooked one and get them off in front of my face just because they have BT.

• 7AJFUN

you need to be right behind a survivor to perform a grab..if you are swinging from far distance, you will not get grab...thats the reason why the grabs from unhooks are used only by facecamping killers, because they are just waiting for a hook save directly in the front of hook

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I know, I'm talking about getting the grab animation and it being cancelled.

• BangBang

You play killers at rank 1 and still complaining about face camp? Lol

You said yourself that camping is a strategy.

Without grabbing, killers won't be able to camp.

Unhooking is supposed to be a risky act for survivors, not something that they can do without risk.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

You're right.

We , finitely shoild remove grabs as they never seem to work.

But as not to change the balance of the game,

Survivors now take double damage when hit while performing any action.

It works in IdV.... just saying.

• 7AJFUN

@BangBang why I should not be complaining about this lame gameplay in rank 1? Like the game is changing by reaching red ranks or what? KEKW

About he camping being a strategy, can you please read my discussion one more time? You know what, i will be a nice guy and let me just grab the part which you completely took, changed and used it against me:

"I know, that you are considering facecamping as a strategy"

Now tell me, are you sure that I am considering camping like a strategy?

Just please for a future, try to read a discussion before you will post any comment. It may help you in your life a lot of times :)

• 7AJFUN

Why? Can somebody just give me a reason why we should keep this in the game?

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Given that you refuse to accept what it would be like for killers if your change was implemented, no.

There is literally nothing anyone can say to convince you.

But your conviction doesn't make your argument any stronger.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

It is part of the risk/reward of performing actions close to the killer. You can vault that window or pallet, you can keep cleansing that totem or working on that generator, you can try unhooking that other survivor, but if the killer is literally right next to you and interrupts your actions, they get a grab for the interrupt.

• Tomskrex
    Tomskrex Member Posts: 142

Grabs are hard as it is anyways and very unreliable, no need to remove something that is barely usable, if you get grabbed, it is on you champ.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited April 2021

I really don't believe you when you say that you never are in situations where hook grab is useful because you don't camp

Plenty of survivors do stupid stuff trying to put you in their montage like:

- Standing right behind you while hooking and immediately unhooking

- Following you into basement and doing the same/getting into a locker and unhooking as soon as you step away

- Take chases to a hooked survivor so they or their friend can unhook with you standing right there

If hook grabs were removed these would result in a trade instead of being punished for being really really bad plays

• 7AJFUN

@RepostRiposte that is exactly what iam trying to point. If the hook grabs would be removed, that will end up with survivor which is unhooking will go down and will be sacrificed. If it would be just these types of situations, Isn't that a punishment for a bad play?

I would be happy af if survivors would get me such an easy kills like this, literary free hooks.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

I don't really see why we should reward plays like that though. If they don't want to get grabbed they can stop doing dumb unhooks for their Youtube montage.

• BangBang

Hahaha, sorry because I just couldn't care less your opinion about camping.

Camping is a strategy, not a bad play. And it's not unhealthy for camping to exist in the game.

Camping varies killers tactics and which makes the game more interesting. If everyone can just unhook without any risks and the game becomes stale.

Also, camping doesn't always reward killers, you may be able to kill one survivor but others could escape, so it's totally balanced and healthy. Not something breaking the balance of the game.

I'm pretty sure rank 1 killer like yourself should already know this well?

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

Grabs on hooks barely work, so it’s fine.