The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Options

Comments

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Patch notes aren't filling me with hope unless I missed something; I see mentions of Nemesis, Lerys and a few perks but no HDD issue or any other killer\map that were suffering from the freezing and FPS issues.

I'll wait to see before judging but prepared for disappointment and about 50gb extra HDD space for a few months :')

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

It's way down at the "Other" section:

• Fixed a lot of Hitches when loading some Hud icons during Gameplay
    • Various crash fixes

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Nemesis, Huntress outfit, Lery's and Bots were only things I saw. Pretty disappointed that HDD issue wasn't even listed under "known issues."

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57
    Options

THIS. This has been my problem. They knew. Moment of truth anyways, I'm updating it right now (21GB). Im ready to uninstall if it isn't fixed.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't even mention the HDD thing, but if this fix of the HUD is doing well, DBD might run way better than it ever did.

• GrimoireWeiss
    Options

Although I'm still a bit worried. Things like Deathslinger's ADS or Blight rushing aren't HUD problems. I fear some killers might still be unplayable.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268
    Options

5.14gigs in Steam, hopefully console players stop stuttering or at least not having crashes every other game.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options
  • Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Good luck buddy. It is probably over by now. Hope it went well, if not I will probably uninstall myself without even trying.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    edited July 2021
    Options

The game is doing good. It didn't have any stutters or framerate problems.

but the game might be delayed as there was one survivor and I was looking for the hatch but I notice it just appeared after searching for it.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

Ah yes. The update is nigh.

Time to uninstall the whole game from my PS4, and wait 3 hours for it to reinstall. Just like I have to do every patch. Because for some reason we can't just d/l the new shite, we have to download the entire game every time :(

• bm33
    Options

Loading in now to match as survivor on ps4. Noticed going between menus was bit slow. Will see how match goes, someone played RPD offering.

• bm33
    Options

Just finished my match. Was against Nemesis on RPD, 2 players DC'd so he became farming killer. Performance improved BUT still getting random stutters/lag. Not as much as before patch but they're still there. Few times I was not in chase or near anyone and I froze before moving few feet ahead of where I froze. Random stutters while running around map - could've been Nemesis using his power and I just didn't realize it.

• RandDBD
    RandDBD Member Posts: 93
    Options

Can you guys try using dead hard?

Thing is that there needs to be a stress test

So the killer should have

• Sloppy Butcher
    • I'm all ears
    • Surge
    • Franklin's

Survivors should have

• Dead hard or Lithe or Smash Hit
    • Carry objects

• GrimoireWeiss
    Options

I actually had to close the game to get my lunch. Queueing up again lol.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

How? Mine updated in like 25 minutes or 30?

Anyway the optimization has improved a little I still get lag spikes from people using dead hard but I was fine the whole game I didn’t get any lag spikes at all

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

that unfortunate.

My games have been great, I still get some stutter but it so little it doesn't affect my game. Also playing blight is now playable and got zero stutters while rushing.

hope they do better and reach the goal of 60 fps on all platforms if it possible (looking at you switch)

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268
    Options
  • GrimoireWeiss
    Options

Okay, it feels a lot smoother now. Things like bloodlust and Dead Hard don't drop your frames to 0 anymore. There are still improvements to be made, but at least it feels good to be playing.

• bm33
    Options

Second match on Lery's against Trickster. Had some stutters but this time was thanks to Sloppy. No freezing in one spot and then moving somewhere away from where I froze like I did on RPD against Nemesis so not sure if that's an issue with Nemesis, RPD, or combo of the 2.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Well that's actually good news, any visible improvement is good, thanks for the feedback hope your games go well

• umad
    Options

So, after a few matches, this is what I've found:

Survivor:

Some lag when loading into a game, and a few random lag spikes per game, so no big deal.

Dead Hard: it works, i used it about 10 times and it only lagged a tiny bit on 1 of them.

Killer:

Some lag when survivor unhooks or Dead Hard's.

Nemesis: no lag at all

Deathslinger: no lag at all

For the most part I would say its a 90% improvement.

• umad
    Options

So, after a few matches, this is what I've found:

Survivor:

Some lag when loading into a game, and a few random lag spikes per game, so no big deal.

Dead Hard: it works, i used it about 10 times and it only lagged a tiny bit on 1 of them.

Killer:

Some lag when survivor unhooks or Dead Hard's.

Nemesis: no lag at all

Deathslinger: no lag at all

For the most part I would say its a 90% improvement.

• GrimoireWeiss
    Options

Played Deathslinger on RCPD. Match went incredible smooth. Had some freezes when survivors used Dead Hard, but they're better then they were before.

• GrimoireWeiss
    Options

Ok, can someone PLEASE test Oni? My game had constant freezes whenever I tried using Demon Dash. Rest of the match went was ok but this specifically was horrible.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,503
    Options
  • bm33
    Options

Third match against Mikey on MacMillan didn't notice any stutters/freezes. No one was using any of the perks that would normally cause an fps drop. Didn't notice any drops on survivor side the few times exposed popped up from him going into Tier 3.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

My first game as nemi-sus and the game ran very smooth the only stutter I had was when I got my first infection and cure everything else was my internet being weird

• bm33
    Options

Played against a Trickster on Autohaven. Seems like when he gets the 6th hit on survivors there's an FPS drop.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

For my low/mid range but way better than the recommended specs PC, the game feels much better on survivor. I haven't tried killer yet. I've played on Lery's and Yamaoka Estate, both maps that gave me issues prior, and both felt really smooth.

The start up, lobby and loading screens feel much better. Prior they were very choppy and laggy feeling but are running very well now.

I have still noticed some stutters randomly when turning my camera as survivor, but nothing that feels like lag and no freezes. I did have some lower FPS and stutters while playing on Hawkins against a Blight in the new cosmetic.

• bm33
    Options

Against Huntress on Autohaven there was an FPS drop everytime she hooked someone. Trickster on Lery's I only noticed FPS drop with first player he hooked. Also noticed some freezes when the Huntress would fully charge a hatchet. Small freeze when she kicked a gen with Blastmine. She wasn't wearing the outfit they mentioned in patchnotes, looked like one of the older ones with boar head.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

glad to see there's some improvements! haven't been able to play yet though.

• RandDBD
    RandDBD Member Posts: 93
    Options

Played as survivor (Leon) on RPD against Deathslinger.

Minor stutter once during the third unhook, the one that activated Devour Hope for the killer.

Also used dead hard and the game didn't freeze.

I guess there's an improvement, will play as killer later and post, but as Ghostface I got drops whenever:

• A survivor entered my terror radius (32 meters) while I was undetectable
    • Survivor unhooked
    • Survivor used Lithe, Smash Hit or Dead Hard
    • I activated my power
    • I stalked
    • I crouched for too long
    • a gen popped

So I'll be looking out for those

• umad
    Options

There have been a few bugs with items in chests. For example, it showed a med kit when I opened the chest for a few seconds and then switched to flashlight.

Also, perk indicators are also bugged. For example, instead of showing a shared perk indicator for LEADER it shows ADRENALINE instead.

• bm33
    Options

I noticed that with chests, also items in ground. Made a bug report for it. Haven't noticed the perk one yet.

• bm33
    Options

Match against Trapper on Ormond. He was running Sloppy and the freezes from it there were pretty terrible.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Holy crap I can actually play Nemesis

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    Options

I uninstalled the game and haven't played in weeks now. The game was unplayable on PS4.

Wondering if I should reinstall it now?

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

Had a few stutters show up. When I turned a corner and the camera spanned on a hex totem. I was being chased by PP head and I had micro freeze when a hex totem was cleansed and I was looking in the direction of the bubble notification. Was being chased by a Wraith and when he got next to me and started uncloaking, I had some stutters during the uncloaking.

Most of these seem to be with the glowing particle effects. Same when spanning the camera with survivor. The stutters seem to happen the most when I span over something glowing.

• bm33
    Options

Badham with Huntress in old outfit not the one mentioned in patch notes, again little freezes when she'd fully wind up. Big freeze when Haunted Grounds totem was cleansed. She ended up DCing before Haunted Grounds timer finished up, not sure if just because she was missing hits/losing chases or performance was bad for her.